Septa Lemore is Malora Hightower, Haldon is Leyton Hightower

Hank Scorpio

I like this theory. Like others have said, the evidence is a bit thin, but it makes some sense when you consider that no one has seen Leyton Hightower or the Mad Maid for a decade or thereabouts. I mean, come on, that's really odd. You go up in a tower and don't come down for ten years? It seems just as likely to me that the tower is empty. And we know the Hightowers have a role to play.

This seems circumstancial but convincing.
My only problem is that "Leyton is in his tower" is a concept. Leyton is nowhere to be seen, presumedly he is in the tower" is a different one.
Are ten years that nobody was able to meet Oldtown's rulers?
Who's ruling in Oldtown?
What did the King say about that?
Who did pay tributes to Highgarden during the time?
Didn't anybody who the Hightower couldn't deny an audience visit Oldtown for ten years?
Who did administer justice in the name of Leyton, if we see kings and Hands everywhere having to spend time in their mornings judging court cases?
I hope this is just coincidence in naming conventions, or that a real good answer for my question is there:
"Nobody asked because it was useful for a plot" doesn't seem a good answer to me.

This seems circumstancial but convincing.

My only problem is that "Leyton is in his tower" is a concept. Leyton is nowhere to be seen, presumedly he is in the tower" is a different one.

Are ten years that nobody was able to meet Oldtown's rulers?

Who's ruling in Oldtown?

What did the King say about that?

Who did pay tributes to Highgarden during the time?

Didn't anybody who the Hightower couldn't deny an audience visit Oldtown for ten years?

Who did administer justice in the name of Leyton, if we see kings and Hands everywhere having to spend time in their mornings judging court cases?

I hope this is just coincidence in naming conventions, or that a real good answer for my question is there:

"Nobody asked because it was useful for a plot" doesn't seem a good answer to me.

I don't see how any of this is really a problem. Presumably, Lord Hightower can appoint his heir to carry out most of the duties listed. Do you really think he has to show up at Highgarden himself? That seems like a silly idea.

• 10 months later...

Archived