Septa Lemore is Malora Hightower, Haldon is Leyton Hightower

Hank Scorpio

Why have all such similar names? (Lemore/Malora ; Haldon/Leyton)

Why are both Haldon (learning) und Lemore (faith) representing the Hightower virtues

Where is Leyton Hightower since over a decade?

Why is Malora not married (she is older than Alerie Tyrell, her sister with four adult children)?

House Hightower is connected with fighting the grey plague (see Pycelle comment in AfFC to Jaime)

The Hightower are experts for foreign languages (see Guthor Hightower)

I think you might be on to something here but you're trying too hard to cram random facts about

The Hightowers don't actually have a copyright on the concept of 'learning'. Many characters, from Tyrion Lannister to Septon Luwin, can be described as 'learned' without being Leyton Hightower in disguise. Similarly, there are many older men who are in seclusion, such as Howland Reed or even Benjen Stark (stretch the definition of 'older' a mite...) but that doesn't mean that they are running around in disguise.

There are definitely some mysteries surrounding the Hightower house and your theory isn't a bad one, but the evidence in your post doesn't really substantiate as much as you seem to think it does in my opinion. The name game thing is silly; finding two letters in common between two names isn't the same as 'Alleras = Sarella' which has all the letters in common, as well as corroboration from another character that Sarella has gone on some strange journey to Oldtown. It might not be 100% rock solid but there's enough there to substantiate it.

I think your Lemore - Malora connection actually has a good amount of creative thought and puzzle-solving behind it, but I can't even follow the logic behind how Leyton became Haldon -- I think you would have been better off just saying that Haldon is just a random fake name rather than trying to tie it back to his 'real' name. The logic for Haldon could be used just as easily to argue that Tyrion is Haldon -- they have the same number of letters in their name, and if you swap the T for an H (representing Tyrion's status as a half-man, which is also referenced by the nickname 'halfmaester' -- a maester half as tall as others)...

I still dont get why he has to leave, even if all his children were competent. It doesnt make sense. I mean its not like its something no one can do but him or his daughter.

IF its really her, then why doesn't he send one of her brothers, or a knight to watch over her? Why does he, an old man, have to come himself? Again, IF its really her.

And Aegon/FAegon would be thankful for Hightowers (20000?) men, more than old man and his daughter doing stuff that can easily be done by any tutor and a septa they supply.

That, and what Yukle said.

This theory is very interesting - it could be nice explanation why Haldon (aka Leyton) cannot or will not go into that whorehouse in Selhorys (to pick up Tyrion) where Jorah Mormont was. Maybe Haldon didn't want to be recognize by Jorah?

Or on the other hand - he met Jorah in Selhorys and decided to tell him where the imp was, because he wanted to get rid of Tyrion.

Grif doesn't trust Haldon after that. And Lemore and Haldon seem to share trust with each other, so these theory about beeing lord and lady from Oldtown in my eyes is very much appealing. :read:

Ashara Dayne = Quaithe

Yolkboy = Darkstar

Yolkboy = Jaqen H'ghar

Yolkboy = Rhaegar

:cheers:

It's still a good try. I wonder who Lemore is. Given her age, I'd look for her trail in the Ninepenny King war.

Eta. They are supposed to have "their" Aegon marry Daenerys. They might have to do with the Blackfires. :dunno:

Haldon may have lined features, but there's nothing to suggest that he might be as old as Leyton would be.

Moreover, Haldon seems to have served in the Golden Company with Jon, which would be more than ten years ago and thus predating Leyton's last public appearance. How do suppose that Leyton was able to attend tournaments and other public events in Westeros while riding with sellswords in Essos?

Moreover, Haldon seems to have served in the Golden Company with Jon

Why do you think so? Haldon seems to know Franklyn Flowers, but it doesn't mean he served with Jon or even with Franklyn. Haldon is a traveller who as a halfmaester rarely speaks in compliant way - he is very haughty sometimes. It can be coincidence but he had the largest cabin on the Shy Maid. He is true scholar and it would be great twist if he is the head of House Hightower. ^_^

This theory is very interesting - it could be nice explanation why Haldon (aka Leyton) cannot or will not go into that whorehouse in Selhorys (to pick up Tyrion) where Jorah Mormont was. Maybe Haldon didn't want to be recognize by Jorah?

Or on the other hand - he met Jorah in Selhorys and decided to tell him where the imp was, because he wanted to get rid of Tyrion.

Grif doesn't trust Haldon after that. And Lemore and Haldon seem to share trust with each other, so these theory about beeing lord and lady from Oldtown in my eyes is very much appealing. :read:

First, I do think there is something to the theory, and the Hightowers are a throng of enigmas. I've been reading this thread, and was just thinking about Jorah/slavery in another thread, so I'm going to throw this into the mix: Lynesse Hightower is currently a concubine in Lys, a city en route by boat if someone is heading to the Rhoyne to sail up to Selhorys.

If Leyton has been locked in his tower for a decade, why didn't Lynesse just flee back to Hightower when Jorah was sentenced to death for selling poachers to the Tyrosi slaver? I don't think Ned would have executed her. She could have claimed innocence. I'm sure that Jorah's exile was not more than ten years ago (unless I'm wrong, but if the events coincide, it's even more interesting). So, if this theory is correct, perhaps Lynesse exiled to Essos with Jorah because her father wasn't actually at Hightower, nor was Malora.

Just a thought.

Archived