did jaime and theon get what they deserved?

Lord Warwyck

I hope not. The Greyjoy family dynamic appears to be quite disturbing. They are almost as dysfunctional as the Lannisters. In the sample chapter Theon expresses his hatred towards Euron. Personally I am not surprised although I find it unlikely that Euron would go as far as sexually abusing his own nephew. Balon might not be a model father, but he would kill Euron if he ever found out. Given Euron's attitude towards Asha, Victarion and Aeron, I think that Euron aims to displease and annoy his family. He knows that Asha is a strong and independent woman, who has won the respect of the Ironborn and he humiliates her by giving her to a man old anough to be her grandfather. He knows that he will offend Victarion by appearing before him naked and ordering him to find Dany. He enjoys tormenting Aeron's faith in the Drowned God. Rodrik was a drunk, Maron was obnoxious but Euron probably knew what annoyed Theon the most and used it against him. He was a 10 year old boy when the rebellion took place and his memory of Euron is probably affected by that as well. It should be noted that he loved Aeron, and he was dissapointed to discover that his favourite uncle became Damphair. Euron apparently was far from being Theon's favourite uncle. Robb in SOS recalls what Theon told him about Euron " “Euron Greyjoy is no man’s notion of a king, if half of what Theon said of him was true. Theon is the rightful heir, unless he’s dead… but Victarion commands the Iron Fleet. I can’t believe he would remain at Moat Cailin while Euron Crow’s Eye holds the Seastone Chair. He has to go back." The sample chapter offers further insight in Theon's attitude towards his family and I think that it is the first time when it is mentioned that Euron has eterochromia. Still I think that the only person who has extremely abused Theon is Ramsay.

I have no idea if I even believe it could be true, abuse of Theon by Euron, not to mention, I am not 100% sold on it for Aeron and Urri. That hinge is very suggestive, but I wonder if we'll ever even find out, for sure? I was just really struck by Theon's seeming vehemence about the eye patch and Euron's eye. With all Theon has already been through, I almost think he should think Euron would be small potatoes. That is the reason it does give me pause. Honestly, I hope you're right, I've read enough of Theon's tortures.

Archived