did jaime and theon get what they deserved?

Lord Warwyck

Jaime: Should have got what Theon did

Theon: should have got what Jaime did

That's the only thing I would do. THeon's only crime is murdering those two boys. Yet he does that, as well as everything else, with swag. (except when he is Reek, but even then, he has some swag when not with Ramsey or talking about him.)

Jaime is just an evil sucker.

Theon never swore an oath to Robb as far as we know, and he's technically an invader more than a usurper.

OT: Jaime suffered enough, and Theon suffered way too much.

Theon hasn't suffered enough, trust me. When Ramsay finds him I hope he flays him alive and feeds him to his bitches once and for all!

As for Theon, he was never unloved or abused in his youth. His older brothers bullied him, but I doubt that it was

something extremely severe or harsh. And he was loved, by his mother, his sister and Robb.

I missed it all on my first reading but found lots of hints on my second. Ten year old Theon was happy when his brothers were killed- happy! He remembers" drunken cuffs from one brother and cruel japes from the other" so they weren't normal brothers to Theon.

Also, in ACOK when Theon is heading to Pyke, Old man Mallister gets concerned because his son is very friendly with Theon. (Jason Mallister was the one that had killed Theon's brother). Theon said to the son @ ," If you father thinks I have hard feelings towards him, then he obviously didn't know my brother very well" and he laughed!

Look at what a jerk Balon is and I imagine the two older apples didn't fall far from the tree:)

Theon's a messed up young man and I don't think he deserves the torture he got. He deserves the Wall though for his war crimes, unquestionably.

Jaime's punishment was karma GRRM style. I don't know if it was deserved because Jaime's job WAS to guard the KIng's family. If Bran told people what he saw, Cersei would have been killed certainly and who knows what would have happened to the children? How could Tywin get those kids safely to CR with out someone killing the "abominations"?

But it's changed Jaime's life for the better so I'm glad it happened. He sees Cersei now as she truly is and despises her. He sees the good in Brienne and cherishes her. He's growing a heart like the Grinch did when he saw the "whos" in Whoville singing.

Neither of them have been tried and found guilty of any crimes, so no, neither of them have gotten what they "deserved".

Both have had the bad luck of falling into the wrong hands in the cruel world tha Martin has created. Shit happens, and all that.

But no, they have by no means gotten justice. Only a seriously disturbed society would sentence anyone to Theon's torture.

Jaime's punishment was karma GRRM style. I don't know if it was deserved because Jaime's job WAS to guard the KIng's family. If Bran told people what he saw, Cersei would have been killed certainly and who knows what would have happened to the children? How could Tywin get those kids safely to CR with out someone killing the "abominations"?

Jaime's actions did nothing to protect the king's family, especially seeing how it was treason that he was covering up.

I hope somebody kills Stoneheart

As long as it happens after she kills Jaime I'm cool with it. I feel like her existence is a punishment worse than death, some unending horror, that she does not deserve. I would like her to see at least 1 of her kids before she goes though.

Theon - Yes; I really, really hate child killers and molesters more than anyone can imagine

Jamie - is much harder to say, he does try to do right after losing that arm, but I don't think it's enough quite yet

Archived