Question about Jacelyn Bywater seizing Tommen

dupontmorand

How is that not a bigger deal?

It's basically the city watch attacking the kingsguard, and it's all over in a few paragraphs.

I figure Cersei would be at Tyrion's throat after that but she only gets mad at Boros Blount for not fighting to keep Tommen.

What do you reckon?

I recon that is much to do with Tyrion being a fan favorite and Cersei being an object of hate that let things like this go almost unnoticed. Other people would find their heads on stakes for overstepping themselves in this way. And with both antagonists being Lannisters Tywin may not have wanted to cause a ruckus about it when things didn't become an outright disaster.

How is that not a bigger deal?

It's basically the city watch attacking the kingsguard, and it's all over in a few paragraphs.

I figure Cersei would be at Tyrion's throat after that but she only gets mad at Boros Blount for not fighting to keep Tommen.

What do you reckon?

Isn't this event what prompts Cersei to capture Tyrion's whore (Alayaya, not Shae) and threaten to hurt her if Tommen is hurt? And for Tyrion in turn to threaten Cersei and Tommen??

If I'm remembering this right, this event was a massive deal since it causes the Cersei/Tyrion feud to reach its fever pitch and probably cemented Cersei's desire to destroy Tyrion (as well as crystallized for her the fear that he was going to kill her children, what with the whole "ash in your mouth" and Tyrion threatening to rape Tommen. Sure, TYWIN mostly brushed it off but CERSEI didn't forget.

Archived