The ASOIAF Darwin Awards

redriver

In the TV show, I always thought that blonde kid demanding to be carried by Polliver was dumb, even by kid standards. Even by blonde standards.

His name is Lommy. I disliked him in the books as well as the show. When he gets stabbed and murdered I actually found myself glad that it happened to him.

Arys Oakheart died trying to redeem his honor, unlike other great knights :rolleyes: he couldn't bare to keep living with that stain on his name/honor. And what better way to do it than to die protecting Myrcella keeping his vows until the last. Others kingsguards also stupidly gave away their life to protect a member of the royal family, and are glorified by it :uhoh:

Craster deserve an honorable mention, he wasn't remove from the gene pool yet thanks to Gilly's baby (I think the rest of his wifes are dead by now), but threaten the most dangerous members of the Night's Watch wasn't really smart

What? No Joffrey"I'm the king and can do as I like" Baratheon? Pissed off/ doesn't care for/ randomly killed and or mutilated his mother, "father", "uncles", siblings, grandfather, miscellaneous extended family, castle cats, paralyzed eight year olds, lordly subjects, first and second betrothed, whores, betrothed siblings, betrothed extended family, members of court, dead bodies, personal bodyguards, priceless heirloom books, random mobs, and direwolves.

It's no wonder this guy was painfully murdered.

What? No Joffrey"I'm the king and can do as I like" Baratheon? Pissed off/ doesn't care for/ randomly killed and or mutilated his mother, "father", "uncles", siblings, grandfather, miscellaneous extended family, castle cats, paralyzed eight year olds, lordly subjects, first and second betrothed, whores, betrothed siblings, betrothed extended family, members of court, dead bodies, personal bodyguards, priceless heirloom books, random mobs, and direwolves.

It's no wonder this guy was painfully murdered.

Well, he has two siblings, so his gens are excelly not out of Westeros.

Ah.We will certainly be ignoring your own rules.The final decision will be down the committee which sits inside my head sometimes.Their decision will be final.But the best write up may win the day..

Do I get points for coining the term Darwinian-est? Contra to My Own Personal Rules Which Are To Be Ignored By The Committee, I humbly submit the following:

ROBB: I am your king!

KARSTARK: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ROBB: You don't vote for kings.

KARSTARK: Well, 'ow did you become king then?

ROBB: The Greatjon said so. All dressed in shaggy fur cloaks and leather and stuff, he bent his knee and shouted really loud, signifying that by him and his mates’ say so I was to be King in the North. That is why I am your king!

KARSTARK: Listen – strange middle-aged men kneeling all willy nilly is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical outdoor ceremony.

ROBB: Be quiet!

KARSTARK: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some beardy blokes bent their knee to you!

ROBB: Shut up!

KARSTARK: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an emperor just because some wooly weirdos had crooked their elbow at me they'd put me away!

ROBB: Shut up! Will you shut up!

KARSTARK: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

KARSTARK: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

</Monty Python>

ROBB: I am your king!

KARSTARK: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ROBB: You don't vote for kings.

KARSTARK: Well, 'ow did you become king then?

ROBB: The Greatjon said so. All dressed in shaggy fur cloaks and leather and stuff, he bent his knee and shouted really loud, signifying that by him and his mates’ say so I was to be King in the North. That is why I am your king!

KARSTARK: Listen – strange middle-aged men kneeling all willy nilly is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical outdoor ceremony.

ROBB: Be quiet!

KARSTARK: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some beardy blokes bent their knee to you!

KARSTARK: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an emperor just because some wooly weirdos had crooked their elbow at me they'd put me away!

ROBB: Shut up! Will you shut up!

KARSTARK: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

KARSTARK: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

</Monty Python>

LOL. Karstark did seem to have a bit of a deathwish.

Archived