Universal Prophecy

Audrey Arryn

Nissa Nissa is a near-anagram for Sansa Sansa.

And who was really "born again amidst smoke and salt"? Perhaps it was the Hound Sandor Clegane, who "died" outside of Saltpans, which was then burned by "the Hound", after which Sandor Clegane was "born again" with the aid of the Elder Brother of the Quiet Isle.

And is not Sandor Clegane's song "of ice and fire"? He's a stone cold killer whose worldview has been largely forged by fire (a burned face).

Some dramatic San-San action coming up!!!

Audrey,

Nice thread - just a suggestion but you might want to devide them by prophecy, AAR, PTWP, STMTW and LH that way it'll be easier to find them.

Also, for the stallion that mounts the world in Dany V in AGOT there is also this quote you might like to add. Note that in the quote you have above the stallion is referred to as a prince, and the quote below says this prince was promised. As in a prince that was promised.

"The stallion is the khal of khals promised in ancient prophecy, child. He will unite the Dothraki into a single khalasar and ride to the ends of the earth, or so it was promised. All the people of the world will be his herd."

Thanks.

I added it and grouped them :)

Doreah's story seems to be the Legend of Lightbringer told from another culture.

Wife (moon) = Nissa

Husband (sun) = AA

One moon/Nissa got too close to the sun and created a thousand thousand dragons (lightbringer)

One day the other moon will do the same (the next Nissa creating the next Lightbringer).

And as you point out the stories are linked with the cracked moon reference.

Both tales have allusions to Mel

Lightbringer - agony, ecstacy is what Mel feels twice

Doreah's story - drinking fire/light is what her ruby is said to do

So lightbringer= dragons?

I also think AA was a group of people rather than one person. Lightbringer was referred to as the red sword of heroes not hero. There are similar events in historyof our world, like rumours that Shakespeare may have been a group of people and William was just their leader.

So lightbringer= dragons?

Well dragons are never literal in prophesies. And if this tale of moons and suns is really referring to husbands and wives (likely as wife=moon sun=husband is mentioned immediately afterwards), then the whole story is non literal.

So what would a thousand thousand dragons be? A great fiery force? Given the 'cracked moon' link to the Lightbringer tale, seems like a fit to me.

Well dragons are never literal in prophesies. And if this tale of moons and suns is really referring to husbands and wives (likely as wife=moon sun=husband is mentioned immediately afterwards), then the whole story is non literal.

So what would a thousand thousand dragons be? A great fiery force? Given the 'cracked moon' link to the Lightbringer tale, seems like a fit to me.

I wouldn’t say never, there are two metaphorical dragons who have dreamt of real dragons returning.

ETA: I added the entire quote.

The Tales of Dunk and Egg: The Mystery Knight

"Stay well away from that one," Dunk warned Egg. There was something about Plumm that troubled him. "He could be a robber knight, for all we know."

The warning only seemed to make Ser Maynard more interesting to Egg. “I never knew a robber knight. Do you think he means to rob the dragon’s egg?”

"Lord Butterwell will have the egg well guarded, I’m sure." Dunk scratched the midge bites on his neck. "Do you think he might display it at the feast? I’d like to get a look at one."

"I’d show you mine, ser, but it’s at Summerhall."

"Yours? Your dragon’s egg?” Dunk frowned down at the boy, wondering if this was some jape. “Where did it come from?”

"From a dragon, ser. They put it in my cradle."

"Do you want a clout in the ear? There are no dragons."

"No, but there are eggs. The last dragon left a clutch of five, and they have more on Dragonstone, old ones from before the Dance. My brothers all have them too. Aerion’s looks as though it’s made of gold and silver, with veins of fire running through it. Mine is white and green, all swirly."

"Your dragon’s egg." They put it in his cradle. Dunk was so used to Egg that sometimes he forgot Aegon was a prince. Of course they’d put a dragon egg inside his cradle. “Well, see that you don’t go mentioning this egg where anyone is like to hear.”

"I’m not stupid, ser.” Egg lowered his voice. “Someday the dragons will return. My brother Daeron’s dreamed of it, and King Aerys read it in a prophecy. Maybe it will be my egg that hatches. That would be splendid.”

"Would it?" Dunk had his doubts.

Not Egg. “Aemon and I used to pretend that our eggs would be the ones to hatch. If they did, we could fly through the sky on dragonback, like the first Aegon and his sisters.”

"Aye, and if all the other knights in the realm should die, I’d be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard."

And of course Dany, seeing Drogon before she got the dragon eggs:

Yet that night she dreamt of one. Viserys was hitting her, hurting her. She was naked, clumsy with fear. She ran from him, but her body seemed thick and ungainly. He struck her again. She stumbled and fell. “You woke the dragon,” he screamed as he kicked her. “You woke the dragon, you woke the dragon.” Her thighs were slick with blood. She closed her eyes and whimpered. As if in answer, there was a hideous ripping sound and the crackling of some great fire. When she looked again, Viserys was gone, great columns of flame rose all around, and in the midst of them was the dragon. It turned its great head slowly. When its molten eyes found hers, she woke, shaking and covered with a fine sheen of sweat. She had never been so afraid.…

Why oh why doesn't my quote function work???

Hmmm. Somehow I missed that, a red comet on Aegon's birth. Seems important. Either Aegon isn't a fake, or prophecy is mostly BS, LOL.

Or the prophecy is real and Aegon died, so westeros is doomed, and they will have to use their own knowledge to solve the LN rather than relying on one hero.

I wouldn’t say never, there are two metaphorical dragons who have dreamt of real dragons returning.

ETA: I added the entire quote.

The Tales of Dunk and Egg: The Mystery Knight

"Stay well away from that one," Dunk warned Egg. There was something about Plumm that troubled him. "He could be a robber knight, for all we know."

The warning only seemed to make Ser Maynard more interesting to Egg. “I never knew a robber knight. Do you think he means to rob the dragon’s egg?”

"Lord Butterwell will have the egg well guarded, I’m sure." Dunk scratched the midge bites on his neck. "Do you think he might display it at the feast? I’d like to get a look at one."

"I’d show you mine, ser, but it’s at Summerhall."

"Yours? Your dragon’s egg?” Dunk frowned down at the boy, wondering if this was some jape. “Where did it come from?”

"From a dragon, ser. They put it in my cradle."

"Do you want a clout in the ear? There are no dragons."

"No, but there are eggs. The last dragon left a clutch of five, and they have more on Dragonstone, old ones from before the Dance. My brothers all have them too. Aerion’s looks as though it’s made of gold and silver, with veins of fire running through it. Mine is white and green, all swirly."

"Your dragon’s egg." They put it in his cradle. Dunk was so used to Egg that sometimes he forgot Aegon was a prince. Of course they’d put a dragon egg inside his cradle. “Well, see that you don’t go mentioning this egg where anyone is like to hear.”

"I’m not stupid, ser.” Egg lowered his voice. “Someday the dragons will return. My brother Daeron’s dreamed of it, and King Aerys read it in a prophecy. Maybe it will be my egg that hatches. That would be splendid.”

"Would it?" Dunk had his doubts.

Not Egg. “Aemon and I used to pretend that our eggs would be the ones to hatch. If they did, we could fly through the sky on dragonback, like the first Aegon and his sisters.”

"Aye, and if all the other knights in the realm should die, I’d be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard."

And of course Dany, seeing Drogon before she got the dragon eggs:

Yet that night she dreamt of one. Viserys was hitting her, hurting her. She was naked, clumsy with fear. She ran from him, but her body seemed thick and ungainly. He struck her again. She stumbled and fell. “You woke the dragon,” he screamed as he kicked her. “You woke the dragon, you woke the dragon.” Her thighs were slick with blood. She closed her eyes and whimpered. As if in answer, there was a hideous ripping sound and the crackling of some great fire. When she looked again, Viserys was gone, great columns of flame rose all around, and in the midst of them was the dragon. It turned its great head slowly. When its molten eyes found hers, she woke, shaking and covered with a fine sheen of sweat. She had never been so afraid.…

I agree I don't think there is a rule that all dragons in prophecies are metaphoric. GRRM likes to make his magic as complex and random as possible, so there could be times when it is literal and times when it is figurative.

Or the prophecy is real and Aegon died, so westeros is doomed, and they will have to use their own knowledge to solve the LN rather than relying on one hero.

Dany saw the comet before she stepped into the pyre and Jon saw the comet is SoS.

Dany saw the comet before she stepped into the pyre and Jon saw the comet is SoS.

Yea I know :P

I was just creating a random scenario if Aegon was actually the PTWP

I dont think there will be one hero, as they said AA didn't fight alone and also Lightbringer is the sword of heroes not hero.

Yes, we've seen some prophecies and visions already come true.. ghost of high heart's dream...we've seen some get quashed...stallion that mounts the world died in the womb. We know others are open to wrong interpretation: Mel. Unfortunately, none of that helps us figure out who is the prince that was promised who is the song of ice and fire or even if this is a correct reading of prophecy or a prophecy that has already been destroyed by other events, or whether he is one in the same as AA.

Yea I know :P

I was just creating a random scenario if Aegon was actually the PTWP

Oops :blushing:

The scenario you proposed would work - people should help regardless of prophecies.

The returning dragon Daeron dreamed of D and E turned out to be Egg himself.

Dany's dream is not a prophesy.

I think Daemon's dream was more about the return of the dragons and the Citadel seems to agree: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/5446 Also, please note the Aerys reading of the prophecy part. We don't know what it said exacly but the return of the dragons was involved.

As for Dany, it was a dragon dream telling her about a dragon she knew nothing about. It could very well be considered a prophecy whether she understood it or not.

Dany's dream is a prophesy, someone interpreted in another thread, I forgot who.

The description of her being thick showed she would get pregnant and slick blood on her thighs represented a miscarriage and after that the dragon appeared.

So the dream could be interpreted as she would get pregnant, and the death of the child will cause dragons to hatch.

ETA: "Someday the dragons will return. My brother Daeron’s dreamed of it, and King Aerys read it in a prophecy"

Also note that is says dragons, as in mutiple dragons.

Dany's dream is a prophesy, someone interpreted in another thread, I forgot who.

The description of her being thick showed she would get pregnant and slick blood on her thighs represented a miscarriage and after that the dragon appeared.

So the dream could be interpreted as she would get pregnant, and the death of the child will cause dragons to hatch.

Exsacly!

Archived