the red viper vs Barristan Selmy

Knight of the fallen

Well I think Howland took him by surprise, meaning he didn't have a chance to seriously injure Ned. Also I was mostly confused because you said "after being killed". Do you mean "fatally wounded" instead of "killed"?

I was unclear,what I meant was when you are wounded and are going to die you still have a brief moment where you can act before you actually die.

Hmm. That's a good match-up. I think I'd go with an overall Oberyn win, with a 50-50 chance that it's a belated one from poison and he dies in the fight. I think a better fight, though, would be a fully armed and armored Brienne of Tarth vs. Oberyn. He might not take her seriously and die real hard, but remember: he armed all of his daughters. Brienne is big, fast, scary, and has Valyrian steel. That would be a sweet fight.

Dayne wasn't even able to deliever an afterblow after being killed.

most wouldnt

Oberyn takes the battle i think but Selmy is such a badass he could win. although the prince is much younger and ultimately that plus his speed, agility, endurance and of course his skills-at-arms wold give him the win.

he wouldnt necessarily use a spear/lance(or w/e) i dont think. Im fairly sure hes proficient a various weapons for he had a hand in teaching his daughters there respective weapons of choice of course any sane man would go with the sword or lance but hes definitely not sane not all the way at least

Barristan in his prime would win, no doubt. Barristan now would be about 50/50.

What I got from the trial by combat is that the red viper was to fast and Gregor was to slow and even worse to stupid. I think Even Oberyn was a little foolish. Barristan is neither foolish or slow. He does get slow in his older age which is why it could be 50/50 but Barristan in his prime would destroy the red viper.

Archived