Archibald Yronwood and Gerris Drinkwater.

Northernmonkey

Dany is guilty by default. Doran and Arienne will blame Quentyns death on her and her dragons no matter what Gerris and Archibald says.

I'm really waiting for a "Dorne have fought the dragons before" speech(Even though they might not ever fight the actual dragons it would still be cool :P).

--

I hope Gerris and Archibald will play a large role in the future since I like them but I'm not sure they will.

And Arianne may be already wed to fAegon by that time. So no need for a mad bitch to mess things up, even if Arianne believes the truth.

I think part of the reason for Arianne not believing Dany is because it would mean that she made a huge political blunder by marrying a false pretender. It will be her pride that keeps her from seeing the truth even if her people suffer for it in the second Dance of Dragons. She will take the easy way out and think Dany is her father's daughter rather than consider Aegon being fake, and that Dany fed Quentyn to her dragons and possibly that his friends Archibald and Gerris screwed him over for promise of gain. She would already have natural antipathy towards them for being Quentyn's friends, especially Archibald who is a Yronwood.

Of course, I think she will piss of the Yronwoods if she kills Archibald, and she ends up paying it for it along with some of her other actions (ie fostering Trystane) towards the Yronwods that will drive them into Tyrion's arms.

I wonder if Doran ever told Arianne the story his mother told him when he left the pools, and her predecessor told her all the way to the first Daenerys?

• 5 months later...

Does anyone think Archibald or Gerris poisoned the locusts? I know there are a lot of theories about who did the poisoning, but the only thing that convinced Barristan that Quentyn looked genuinely shocked. Quentyn is not a master mummer, but what about Gerris without letting Quentyn know? We know Quent's friends don't consider him as particularly bright. And all the advantages for Dorne that Barristan pointed out still stand true. All we know is Quentyn had no clue about the conspiracy. A handsome man like Drink could influence a serving girl or a cook to get the locusts poisoned. The glitch is, they risked Dany getting killed. But what if they knew Dany's food preferences somehow? Or if the poison was never meant to kill, only a small dose, to create mistrust between Dany and Hizdahr?

Archived