House Velaryon: Targ supporters?

CrowsBeforeHoes

So there was a time before Aurane Waters' whereabouts were confirmed in an Arianne sample chapter where I thought he and or his house were working with Varys. And he still might be. Note that when I say Targ supporter I may be including Aegon (Sorry Faegoners). Anyways when I was studying I came across some evidence that I thought I'd share. Obvious points to note is their close history to the Targs and Driftmark's proximity to Dragonstone.

Lord Manfred Velaryon: Davos was very curious as to what he was thinking during the burning of the Seven, as his face showed little emotion. He threatened to take his levies home if they don't go to war soon. Not damning in itself, but forces Stannis to make a move. If he did leave or fail to raise his levies before, then Stannis would likely direct his wrath towards him first (proximity to Dragonstone). Brought three ships with him and died at Blackwater. But this doesn't necessarily rule him out as a Targ supporter, because as above he had to go with Stannis. And if the goal is to destabilize for the Targs, then big battles are inevitable and his dynasty is already pretty secure.

Aurane Waters: Captured at Blackwater and bent the knee. Becomes a favorite of Cersei and hints at his desire to have Dragonstone for himself. Him having Dragonstone would give the Velaryons complete control over the mouth of Blackwater Bay, and note that he says nothing about a claim on Driftmark. Reports about the siege on Dragonstone which everybody seems to see as shady, but well look past that for now, although I am probably missing something revealing there. Eventually pulls his thing with the navy, gaining a lot of nice ships and men loyal only to him (as long as there's profit in it for them) and depriving KL of it. We hear in the sample cha

They might have once been very strong and definite Targ supporters - but now I don't think it's the case anymore. Monfred Velaryon seemed to pretty strongly support Stannis.

If Aurane claims the Lordship of House Velaryon - which I'm pretty sure he will - he could really go either way - whether it be Stannis, Aegon or Dany.

Archived