Night's King and Queen

Emmit

I am sure that at this point, every topic has been done to death. I did a search and found reference to a deleted thread only, so hopefully we can talk about this again.

Assuming Old Nan's tale of the Night's King is a historical event and not just a scary story to tell the kids, I am wondering how did the Night's King bring his Other Queen to the south side of the wall to live at Nightfort? I was under the impression the magic in the wall kept the white walkers Beyond-the-Wall.

(Rereading the passage, it says he found her "atop the Wall". Scary. The wall may not be the barrier we think it to be.)

It is said the Night's King gave her his seed. Is there any possible progeny from this union?

Other women must be a lot better looking than Other men. I don't think I'd be interested in the Others shown in the TV series.

It is said the Night's King gave her his seed. Is there any possible progeny from this union?

I have serious doubts.

To extrapolate the probable effect on the Night's King's member in such a scenario, we need only remember the effect on the dragonglass dagger after Sam stabbed the Othersicle.

To quote Grenn: "Mother, that's cold."

So I don't imagine progeny, but swift and horrendously painful organ death.

i completely disagree with the above poster. he doesn't have a firm grasp on the importance of the night king story given in the same chapter as bran passes through the black gate (which is pivotal scene in the book)...

he did not find her on the wall. he saw her from the wall and had no fear so he stole her and brought her back.

with his seed came his soul... that is how she was able to cross, she was pregnant.

and yes the night king as 13th LC is directly connected to the formation of the wall and house stark/kings of winter...

a brother he loved, a brother he hated, a women he desired....

if you have only watched the show i suggest you try the books. the wikipedia while easier and shorter to read, leaves gaps in the story

I am sure that at this point, every topic has been done to death. I did a search and found reference to a deleted thread only, so hopefully we can talk about this again.

Assuming Old Nan's tale of the Night's King is a historical event and not just a scary story to tell the kids, I am wondering how did the Night's King bring his Other Queen to the south side of the wall to live at Nightfort? I was under the impression the magic in the wall kept the white walkers Beyond-the-Wall.

(Rereading the passage, it says he found her "atop the Wall". Scary. The wall may not be the barrier we think it to be.)

Other women must be a lot better looking than Other men. I don't think I'd be interested in the Others shown in the TV series.

There is a theory about the possible progeny between the NK and his Other bride, the theory is that the NK was in fact a Bolton and the reason why his body wasnt found by the Northern and Wildling armies after he was defeated was that he fled south to his family at the Dreadfort and hid out there and ever since the Boltons have Other in them, thats why Roose leaches to supposedly get the warm blood out of him because hes part Other and they like the cold.

The book and the show are separate issues. The book Others are suppose to be beautiful, Ice elves basically. The show Others, I don't know what the hell they are.

The offspring have been hinted as Bolton and Stark. But who knows, I personally make a connection with Brandon Ice eyes who was a Stark.

We don't actually know if the wall stops the Others with Magic, it may or may not. Jon's dream indicated that the Wights could climb it but it was a dream.

She may have been only part Other if any at all. There are mentions that this is possible in the book but we don't have any facts. Brans vision in the cave of the Children may have shown the Night's King and Queen we don't know.

It's really all speculation in this area. Sorry if this wasn't much help but there is not a lot of conclusive information on the subject.

i completely disagree with the above poster. he doesn't have a firm grasp on the importance of the night king story given in the same chapter as bran passes through the black gate (which is pivotal scene in the book)...

he did not find her on the wall. he saw her from the wall and had no fear so he stole her and brought her back.

with his seed came his soul... that is how she was able to cross, she was pregnant.

and yes the night king as 13th LC is directly connected to the formation of the wall and house stark/kings of winter...

a brother he loved, a brother he hated, a women he desired....

if you have only watched the show i suggest you try the books. the wikipedia while easier and shorter to read, leaves gaps in the story

Some of this may be true but it is applied supposition and unexplained leaps based off personal opinion. None of it save seeing from the wall is a fact of the story along with a quote about Bloodraven, though I am not sure why it is being applied to the Night's King.

I don't have the books in front of me, however every source says "he saw a woman atop the Wall"

She was already up there when he saw it.

From my POV anyway.

Some of this may be true but it is applied supposition and unexplained leaps based off personal opinion. None of it save seeing from the wall is a fact of the story along with a quote about Bloodraven, though I am not sure why it is being applied to the Night's King.

actually i have developed theories based upon the text that support my statements. i use more than the just the one quote from bran 56 SOS people that is commonly attribute with night king to create his timeline/importance/history

it involves connecting all the old king and good queen mentions in book, yrgritte's quotes and info given about craster...

so yea i don't rely on my own personal opinion just textual evidence...

check out my thread defiance of duskendale

I don't have the books in front of me, however every source says "he saw a woman atop the Wall"

She was already up there when he saw it.

From my POV anyway.

haha like i said earlier you are obviously developing a theory based upon the WIKI... always pull quotes from your book

a women glimpsed from atop the wall, with skin white as the moon and eyes like blue stars. fearing nothing he chased her and caught her and loved her though her skin was cold as ice, and when he gave her his seed he gave her his soul as well.he brought her back to the nightfort and proclaimed her a queen and himself her king

Archived