Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

meh brienne's pov chapters in affc were mostly filler imo. her chapters is one of the reasons why affc is the weaker book in the series. GRRM goes way too far when it comes to worldbuilding imo

i do think that jaime has more plot armor than brienne

I disagree, and as another poster already said GRRM does too.

George recently said Brienne still had a ways to go in her journey. Years back, he also said he was fond of Brienne and that he had A LOT in store for her.

So, so far, no one thinks they're going to both live and kill Stoneheart?

The fact that everyone assumes one or both will die, makes me think neither will. Why would GRRM play into peoples banal expectations by writing the most predictable outcome? I hope something original and unexpected happens instead.

I disagree, and as another poster already said GRRM does too.

George recently said Brienne still had a ways to go in her journey. Years back, he also said he was fond of Brienne and that he had A LOT in store for her.

meh I don't trust GRRM with anything anymore. bitch needs to stop watching fucking fantasy football and finish TWOW already

and do you honestly expect him to say "lol i dont have much planned for brienne's storyline" in an interview???

haha thats what i would actually prefer. i fucking hate stoneheart. but this series has made so cynical at this point that i expect either jaime or brienne to die

LOL. I LOVE Stoneheart, but I think that Brienne will kill Stoneheart to save Jamie and thus, she too, joins the ranks of the morally compromised oath breaking, no winners and no heroes world of GRRM where everything sucks until you die.

lol calm down i actually like brienne. and this is the first time i've ever made a post about her. frankly i wasn't a huge fan of the jaime chapters in AFFC either. AFFC and ADWD are generally the weakest book in the series imo. the only POVs i enjoyed in those books were dany,sansa,arya,arianne,cersei and theon.

I'm calm, I just find it weird for you to start threads about a character whose chapters you see a filler. For instance, I don't care for Arianne or Asha, and for that reason you'll never see me start a thread about them.

So, so far, no one thinks they're going to both live and kill Stoneheart?

I do. I don't think the story is going on the direction of either getting killed tbh. It's too good of an opportunity for character development if they didn't live through it and with the consequences. They'll die eventually, just not yet. Just narratively speaking I don't believe this is the way the story has been set up.

I'm calm, I just find it weird for you to start threads about a character whose chapters you see a filler. For instance, I don't care for Arianne or Asha, and for that reason you'll never see me start a thread about them.

I do. I don't think the story is going on the direction of either getting killed tbh. It's too good of an opportunity for character development if they didn't live through it and with the consequences. They'll die eventually, just not yet. Just narratively speaking I don't believe this is the way the story has been set up.

you can be invested in a character's storyline even if you may not enjoy their POV chapters much. i'm also super invested about what happens to victarion even though I don't really care about him as a character

meh I don't trust GRRM with anything anymore. bitch needs to stop watching fucking fantasy football and finish TWOW already

and do you honestly expect him to say "lol i dont have much planned for brienne's storyline" in an interview???

If an author gives a character that much page time and has been foreshadowing that character's significance for multiple books (ASOS- Jaime's weirwood dream, anyone?), and has made unsolicited remarks about that character's future significance and journey, then I’m inclined to believe him.

It’s more logical, than “Lol. Meh. He’s lying probably.”

I'm hoping for Jaime, but I'll take Brienne. Either one frees up chapters for more interesting characters.

dude, there are few characters more interesting than Jaime or there aren't at all. all Jaime's chapters are fucking awesome!

he has no boring chapters like other main POVs.

Jaime to me has always seemed like a more useful and interesting character by far than Brienne. She's just kind of meh.

There's lots of things that can happen if he lives and she dies, but the other way around... not so much.

This is 100% correct and Jamie still has a plot line to play out… like what happens with Cersei etc.

I'm hoping for Brienne to kill LS tbh. It would be incredibly intersting for her character, and for Jaime as well, as that would be basically mirroring his own story. Also, it's fitting, feels 'natural' somehow.

Brienne sacrifying herself for Jaime would be rather dissatifying, and a horrible fall into the 'fridging' trope, and I don't see Jaime die just yet.

I'm hoping for Brienne to kill LS tbh. It would be incredibly intersting for her character, and for Jaime as well, as that would be basically mirroring his own story. Also, it's fitting, feels 'natural' somehow.

Brienne sacrifying herself for Jaime would be rather dissatifying, and a horrible fall into the 'fridging' trope, and I don't see Jaime die just yet.

This. And Jaime has a queen to kill. The undead (Beric, Ser Robert Strong, WW) are all portrayed as slipping into a madness/unattached to the world. They are no longer human and thus increasingly dangerous. I see an irate LS making a bad decision that causes Brienne to use Oathkeeper in a very un-oathy way.

It would also make no sense, because we've followed her for pages only to see her just... die, when her story is getting truly compelling? Nah, don't see it. Not yet at least, and not with the way her whole story has been written so far.

As for Jaime still having stuff to do, I don't know. I don't want him to die, but I don't believe for a second he's Cersei's valonqar, so I don't see all this stuff to do other people are talking about. This talk of "can't die, stuff to do" is a bit off anyway. Ned, Cat and Robb Stark had plenty of stuff to do, too.

It would also make no sense, because we've followed her for pages only to see her just... die, when her story is getting truly compelling? Nah, don't see it. Not yet at least, and not with the way her whole story has been written so far.

As for Jaime still having stuff to do, I don't know. I don't want him to die, but I don't believe for a second he's Cersei's valonqar, so I don't see all this stuff to do other people are talking about. This talk of "can't die, stuff to do" is a bit off anyway. Ned, Cat and Robb Stark had plenty of stuff to do, too.

lol really?

its pretty obvious that jaime is cersei's valonqar i think

i admit that brienne killing lady stoneheart is definitely something that could happen and WOULD be an interesting development

lol really?

its pretty obvious that jaime is cersei's valonqar i think

i admit that brienne killing lady stoneheart is definitely something that could happen and WOULD be an interesting development

Well to you it is. I disagree.

ETA to explain a bit: because I think it will be Arya, for several reasons. Especially the last chapter that just came out convinced me of that even more.

Archived