Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

Are you sure you wouldn't rather compare and contrast boobs? On the characters, I mean? I think the trial for The Hound made it pretty clear, and the fact that it took a direct statement from Arya about Micah to even get a trial by combat, that Beric was different than LS. What actual crime is Hyle Hunt being hanged for? The actual murder of what character? There are no specific charges, just the charge of being a soldier. That in itself, along with Thoros' words about the differences in leadership speaks volumes to me. I'm all for as many dead, guilty Freys as I can find, but not this way. Personally, as a Cat fan, I'd rather see her find her eternal rest, the state she is in is not bringing her any happiness. The only thing that might is learning she has surviving children.

You mean the joke of the trial in where under Beric the BWB attempts to hang Sandor for a number of crimes they know he didn't commit only for him to directly call them out on that factor to stop that farce? Followed by them then allowing him to go after confessing to murder because of stupid system of justice where skill with a sword is all that matter?

Hyle Hunt is guilty of facilitating the crimes of Randyll Tarly, who is engaging in the execution of all of the individuals of the BWB that he can capture. A crime no different then likely numerous of the captives that the BWB hanged under Beric.

edit: It doesn't have to do with hating Jaime (he is in my top twenty favorites), but the fact that she is still a better person then him. As seen how she holds trials for her captives, while in AFFC Jaime comes across a group of individuals he considers outlaws and has them all hanged with no mention of any trials and then applauds himself as Golden Hand the Just.

You mean the joke of the trial in where under Beric the BWB attempts to hang Sandor for a number of crimes they know he didn't commit only for him to directly call them out on that factor to stop that farce? Followed by them then allowing him to go after confessing to murder because of stupid system of justice where skill with a sword is all that matter?

Hyle Hunt is guilty of facilitating the crimes of Randyll Tarly, who is engaging in the execution of all of the individuals of the BWB that he can capture. A crime no different then likely numerous of the captives that the BWB hanged under Beric.

ROFL........those were REALLY the charges read against Hyle, really, you're going to go with that, are you?

If you want to act like Sandor wasn't only actually tried for one murder, and found NOT GUILTY, feel free, don't ask me to participate. I guess he must have escaped, huh, after being found not guilty of Micah, but they were still wanting to kill him, is that what your REALLY TRYING TO SAY?

ETA: You can claim that Beric and company were going to hang Sandor sans trial, but if I had a dime for everytime someone was going to do something and didn't.......I'd be too rich to hang out here, or....I'd be logging in from a tropical island private residence, alas I'm not.

ROFL........those were REALLY the charges read against Hyle, really, you're going to go with that, are you?

If you want to act like Sandor wasn't only actually tried for one murder, and found NOT GUILTY, feel free, don't ask me to participate. I guess he must have escaped, huh, after being found not guilty of Micah, but they were still wanting to kill him, is that what your REALLY TRYING TO SAY?

Did Ser Hyle follow Tarly while he was continuing his injustice upon the Riverlands? Simply, with the changing dynamic of the war that is enough to have someone executed for punishment. Or do you think Tarly would spare any of them if he captured them just because they hadn't personally committed any atrocity?

He was only not hanged for those offenses as he directly called them out on their bullshit and they knew there was no way he participated in the Lannister war effort in the Riverlands as he was in King's Landing the entire time. Otherwise they would have likely charged him with those crimes and strung him up. Moreover, the fact they let him go after he confessed to killing Mycah shows that they had no consistency.

Edit: Right before Sandor shows up, IIRC the story mentions them capturing a bunch of Brave Companions and Lannister troops whom they hanged or put in giblets without any mention of them receiving a trial by combat.

Did Ser Hyle follow Tarly while he was continuing his injustice upon the Riverlands? Simply, with the changing dynamic of the war that is enough to have someone executed for punishment. Or do you think Tarly would spare any of them if he captured them just because they hadn't personally committed any atrocity?

He was only not hanged for those offenses as he directly called them out on their bullshit and they knew there was no way he participated in the Lannister war effort in the Riverlands as he was in King's Landing the entire time. Otherwise they would have likely charged him with those crimes and strung him up. Moreover, the fact they let him go after he confessed to killing Mycah shows that they had no consistency.

Edit: Right before Sandor shows up, IIRC the story mentions them capturing a bunch of Brave Companions and Lannister troops whom they hanged or put in giblets without any mention of them receiving a trial by combat.

Look, you like arguing, fine. I'm not changing my opinion. You have fun now.

The Hound was guilty, Beric lets him live. Who is really dishing out justice :D

What is so totally awesome is that the closest thing we have to justice, something that is sort of like a trial, where specific charges are laid, evidence given, the accused has a right to speak, and then a decision made...is coming from zombies. The dead people are doing a better job with "justice" than almost anyone else in either Westeros or Essos. The other trials that are held are show trials, the evidence against Tyrion is manufactured and only by an insane stroke of luck did he get out of the Eryie, both trials had the outcome as a foregone conclusion. The zombies are much more flexible.

What is so totally awesome is that the closest thing we have to justice, something that is sort of like a trial, where specific charges are laid, evidence given, the accused has a right to speak, and then a decision made...is coming from zombies. The dead people are doing a better job with "justice" than almost anyone else in either Westeros or Essos. The other trials that are held are show trials, the evidence against Tyrion is manufactured and only by an insane stroke of luck did he get out of the Eryie, both trials had the outcome as a foregone conclusion. The zombies are much more flexible.

I don't know, going after a burned man with fire seems about as fair and even as not giving Tyrion his true choice of champion. I'll give Beric the one up on it, maybe, LOL

I don't know, going after a burned man with fire seems about as fair and even as not giving Tyrion his true choice of champion. I'll give Beric the one up on it, maybe, LOL

Fire is the purest death.

Couldn't help myself. I assumed he lord did this with all of his combats and it was just the Hounds bad luck he is fire averse.

Also, I have to say Jaime-Brienne-Sandor is my ultimate dream-team, please make it real !

It's going to happen, it's practically like a Marauder's Map, we can see them all converging.

NO way Brienne dies a virgin, Jamie is gonna hit that. till then she stays alive. Plus, she's awesome FTW

It's going to happen, that's two foreshadowing boners.

Jaime has still to kill his sister, but I don't want Briene to go

I don't want her to go, either. But I don't want him to kill Cersei. It's just too matchy matchy.

It's going to happen, it's practically like a Marauder's Map, we can see them all converging.

Oh yes, I want to read Jaime/Brienne/Sandor dialogue so much. It's on the same level as Cotter Pyke's letter writing guide and King Robert's Small Council on the day that Stannis suggested they ban brothels.

The Hound was guilty, Beric lets him live. Who is really dishing out justice :D

Tyrion? :p

I dunno, even Stannis conflates iron law for pudding law. But by my estimation as of the end of ADWD, Jon is probably the one doing best on the justice front despite it taking a definitive negative toll on his career at the end.

How the hell is Stoneheart a monster? If so, then pretty much 90% of the characters are monsters for wanting to hang people and seeking vengeance. She's extremely traumatized and detached, which tends to, you know, happen when you believe all your children are dead. And it has been shown within the text that the whereabouts of her daughters are important to her.

I also think Brienne killing Stoneheart is just as obvious as her walking Jaime into a trap. Brienne is being put in a lose or lose situation. She does have to be careful and cautious, and killing Stoneheart? Who doesn't trust her that much? Has a band of followers?

Killing her isn't going to be easy.

And the idea of anyone in Westeros possessing even a shred of any concept of justice is laughable... the alive are just as guilty as the dead.

I agree, she's not Cat, and she's not just. Catelyn would never have turned on Brienne.

Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

I'm not trying to justify her actions in regards to Brienne here, but it does scream betrayal to her. That- and Brienne's insistence of Jaime's innocence and change.

How the hell is Stoneheart a monster? If so, then pretty much 90% of the characters are monsters for wanting to hang people and seeking vengeance. She's extremely traumatized and detached, which tends to, you know, happen when you believe all your children are dead. And it has been shown within the text that the whereabouts of her daughters are important to her.

I also think Brienne killing Stoneheart is just as obvious as her walking Jaime into a trap. Brienne is being put in a lose or lose situation. She does have to be careful and cautious, and killing Stoneheart? Who doesn't trust her that much? Has a band of followers?

Killing her isn't going to be easy.

And the idea of anyone in Westeros possessing even a shred of any concept of justice is laughable... the alive are just as guilty as the dead.

Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

I'm not trying to justify her actions in regards to Brienne here, but it does scream betrayal to her. That- and Brienne's insistence of Jaime's innocence and change.

Perhaps calling Stonehart a monster isn't the exact wording I should go for, but I do think her existance is monstrous in itself. Alot of things tend to happen to living people, it's the thought of the dead running around without the humanity to really change that I find monstrous. And, I do find it pitieous, too. I do have sympathy for what Cat has become. That sympathy leads me to think that the best thing for HER HERSELF is that she learns of her surviving children and is put to a final rest. Irregardless of her belief that her children are dead, I can't help but wonder if Cat, or LS, would be able to look a living Ned in the eye and say that what she is doing, hanging children like Pod (or threatening to hang them) is a good thing. I doubt it.

I'm not totally sold on Brienne or Jaime killing Stonehart, I'm not sure and being as I'm not GRRM, I don't claim to be. I'm not sure how it will all go, will it take LS actually SEEING a child, or will it be enough if she learns that some of her children live from someone she trusts. I'm not sure on the Jaime and Brienne mess we were left with in ADWD, I'm just sure none if it will be simple.

The justice practiced by all in this world.......leaves lots to be desired.

What was Cat's vow to Brienne? I will never ask you do anything that would bring dishonor to you, paraphrasing.

I understand why Cat's LS is the way she is, I loved Cat, but I don't find joy in this existance for her. I doubt she would either, if she could access her true self in any kind of manner.

Perhaps calling Stonehart a monster isn't the exact wording I should go for, but I do think her existance is monstrous in itself. Alot of things tend to happen to living people, it's the thought of the dead running around without the humanity to really change that I find monstrous. And, I do find it pitieous, too. I do have sympathy for what Cat has become. That sympathy leads me to think that the best thing for HER HERSELF is that she learns of her surviving children and is put to a final rest. Irregardless of her belief that her children are dead, I can't help but wonder if Cat, or LS, would be able to look a living Ned in the eye and say that what she is doing, hanging children like Pod (or threatening to hang them) is a good thing. I doubt it.

I'm not totally sold on Brienne or Jaime killing Stonehart, I'm not sure and being as I'm not GRRM, I don't claim to be. I'm not sure how it will all go, will it take LS actually SEEING a child, or will it be enough if she learns that some of her children live from someone she trusts. I'm not sure on the Jaime and Brienne mess we were left with in ADWD, I'm just sure none if it will be simple.

The justice practiced by all in this world.......leaves lots to be desired.

What was Cat's vow to Brienne? I will never ask you do anything that would bring dishonor to you, paraphrasing.

I understand why Cat's LS is the way she is, I loved Cat, but I don't find joy in this existance for her. I doubt she would either, if she could access her true self in any kind of manner.

I agree, and I have to say I don't get how some people can find it satisfying (some even cheer for her) : it's a revenge yes, but a rather hollow and tasteless one.

I agree, and I have to say I don't get how some people can find it satisfying (some even cheer for her) : it's a revenge yes, but a rather hollow and tasteless one.

It breaks my heart for Cat herself. I'm pro many, many characters, and I do think that around here alot is thought about from a more narrow bias (not saying specifically anyone in this thread), and therefore, people think that perhaps my LS opinion is about an anti-Cat or Anti-Stark or Pro-Lannister stance. It's not, and as a matter of fact, it's the furthest thing from that. For Cat's own sake, I want her to learn her children live and go to her final rest. I do wonder if it will be Arya who has to do so, and finally.......she'll realize that the 'gift' she is learning to give can be difficult to do, but necessary, especially for someone she loves.

I always remember The Kindly Man's words to Arya, paraphrasing about death coming for everyone in existance, eventually when he says: Else, somewhere in this world, there'd be a people who live forever, and well, there isn't, there isn't supposed to be. As much as I love Cat, her existance is not LIFE.

I guess both of them will die, I just wonder which one is first to go.. I'd place my stags Brienne...

To get this back on OT, LOL, I just wanted to say I do think that both Brienne and Jaime will make it to the last book. As for the rest of the series, I do suspect that Jaime may be the one to die, and it's Brienne who will live in the very end. Or, I could be totes wrong, who knows, that's my guess, though.

im one of those your referring to. I agree that its "rather hollow and tasteless" but ive (wont speak for others) loved her since day one and when she died, i flipped the fuck out. At the end of 'storm' when she comes back, mind did 180, and i just couldnt care anymore and just started to root for her revenge, though it pained me.

Archived