Cersei and upjump lords

Wmarshal

Why do you think Cersei up jumps people so often? She has a terrible opinion to the lower class, yet whenever she make a deal, she always talks about raising them high. Why? She is as rich daddy warbucks, why is it she needs to give people titles all the time?

Why do think she up jumps people so often? She has a terrible opinion to the lower class, yet whenever she make a deal, she always talks about raising them high. Why? She is as rich daddy warbucks, why is it she needs to give people titles all the time?

Stupid.

Short sighted.

Understands the basic outline of rewarding people as a way to gain their service and loyalty but doesn't grasp the subtle aspects, or, how to choose her allies to begin with. Hence. Kettleblacks.

Stupid.

Short sighted.

Understands the basic outline of rewarding people as a way to gain their service and loyalty but doesn't grasp the subtle aspects, or, how to choose her allies to begin with. Hence. Kettleblacks.

and Taena....whom Cersei forgets is the lady of a house sworn to the Tyrells.

and Taena....whom Cersei forgets is the lady of a house sworn to the Tyrells.

"Longtable may be sworn to Highgarden," the woman replied, with a toss of her black hair, "but I am of Myr, and my loyalty is to my husband and my son. I want all that is best for them."

"I see." In the closeness of the passage, the queen could smell the other woman's perfume, a musky scent that spoke of moss and earth and wildflowers. Under it, she smelled ambition. She gave testimony at Tyrion's trial, Cersei recalled suddenly. She saw the Imp put the poison in Joff's cup and was not afraid to say so. "I shall look into this," she promised. "If what you say is true, you will be rewarded." And if you've lied to me, I'll have your tongue, and your lord husband's lands and gold as well.

To answer the OP: Cersei knows she's upjumping people. She just expects them to be loyal to her because she promoted them. She's a hypocrite like that.

Littlefinger does the same thing, filling the financial system of Westeros with men who owed their positions and loyalty to him. Janos Slynt did the same thing with the goldcloaks. It's not a bad idea in and of itself.

The only problem is that Cersei herself is arrogant and short-sighted. She is so used to flexing her muscle and pushing people around that she doesn't know how to relate to people who aren't responsive to that sort of thing. You can do that to Shaes and Sansas of the world but anyone who has more power or experience will need more finesse.

Archived