[Spoilers ] Why hasnt Sam mentioned Bran to Jon yet?

TheBadboy

You people clearly dont remember the events in the tower?

Hodor (hovering over well): HOOOOODOOOOOOOOR!!!!!

then

Sam gets assaulted.

then

Sam: your Jon's brother!

Bran: n-no... I dont know what youre talking about.. This Jon fellow sounds like he'd be amazing, but no, ive never heard of him, or his amazing winged wolf brother..

Sam: oh... ok.

ETA: yeah your right, by my recollection, Sam bought it, never had to promise

I recall Bran and Jojen swearing Sam to secrecy- dang guess I'll have to watch again!

Yeah, when someone (The Monkey?) brought it up a few days ago on the show thread I immediately had a mental image of Isaac Hempstead-Wright looking at John Bradley and saying "Please, you can't tell anyone. You have to promise." Then I went back and re-watched it on YouTube - never happened.

Thanks to JennyT we know that Sam will tell Jon eventually, we just don't know why he hasn't yet (or why the show hasn't addressed it yet if he already has).

Yeah, when someone (The Monkey?) brought it up a few days ago on the show thread I immediately had a mental image of Isaac Hempstead-Wright looking at John Bradley and saying "Please, you can't tell anyone. You have to promise." Then I went back and re-watched it on YouTube - never happened.

Thanks to JennyT we know that Sam will tell Jon eventually, we just don't know why he hasn't yet (or why the show hasn't addressed it yet if he already has).

Sure we do there's 54 minutes in an episode, they surely can't fit everything in there.

and people that only watch the show have no reason to assume that Jon doesn't know about his brother or that Sam is not going to tell him.

Jon would rather talk about his dead one first? Seems understandable.

Sure we do there's 54 minutes in an episode, they surely can't fit everything in there.

and people that only watch the show have no reason to assume that Jon doesn't know about his brother or that Sam is not going to tell him.

Jon would rather talk about his dead one first? Seems understandable.

OK, allow me to rephrase my comment: We don't yet have a reason which doesn't boil down to "the writers are bad and the viewers are stupid."

Better?

By the way, at this point there are about a dozen people in all of Westeros who know that Bran and Rickon weren't murdered by Theon, so it's really not understandable that Sam would fail to tell him or that Robb would have no reaction to the news. Kind of funny that my unsullied brother figured that out and you didn't. How embarrassing...

Look, it's stated in the books, Bran makes Sam promise. Sam in turn, doesn't tell Jon.

In the series, whether or not Bran asked Sam doesnt matter, Sam still isnt telling Jon. Regardless, Jon knows nothing.

The ending is still the same, and i could fucking care less whether the exchange happened, as it ended up exactly the same way.

Put this thread to fucking bed already and read/watch the fucking show.

"No, no, this isn't right at all. This show ruins the books because Bran clearly didn't ask Sam to promise. There are notable plot holes in this story because the editors don't know what they're doing, meh, and Bran not asking Sam is one of them. I dont care if it ends up the same way, Bran never asked so THERE."

..really? Seriously?

I don't know if you have some type of reading or learning disorder, or perhaps English isn't your first language, but if you're unable to follow 3 posts made in succession and in direct response to each other (including a quote of the post to which it is a reply) then there's really nothing anyone here can do to help you.

If you're a troll: You gave it a good try, but sorry, I'm not mad.

If you're dyslexic or otherwise mentally challenged: I'm sorry about that too.

If you're just really, really stupid: Hopefully you're at least good looking.

Yep, I thought you might just post a bunch of BS taking the focus off the fact that you can't keep your story straight. Thanks for confirming that.

I don't know if you have some type of reading or learning disorder, or perhaps English isn't your first language, but if you're unable to follow 3 posts made in succession and in direct response to each other (including a quote of the post to which it is a reply) then there's really nothing anyone here can do to help you.

If you're a troll: You gave it a good try, but sorry, I'm not mad.

If you're dyslexic or otherwise mentally challenged: I'm sorry about that too.

If you're just really, really stupid: Hopefully you're at least good looking.

i wasn't going to bother responding once your argument boiled down to me being stupid because your unsullied brother reached the same conclusion as you therefore that makes everyone else's conclusions wrong.

Pointing out your stupid errors doesn't make me smart either, but it does make you look stupid, especially when you call the writers stupid. At least they haven't made any errors that big in the show yet...

This entire thread should've been dead the moment someone linked a youtube video of Kit Harrington interview.

Why did the discussion need to continue after that? I can't prove that Jon already knows anymore than someone can prove that he doesn't know. His actions down the road this season send up huge mega road flare signs that he is going to look for Bran under another pretext. A side quest as it's called in the video game world.

Archived