What do you think Ol'Georgy has in store for Jon parents

TheOldWolf

I have a feeling GRRM has read of all the theories about R+L=J so that makes me think that he's not going to make that Jon parents since he usually likes to do things we don't expect

What are some other theories about Jon parents

I have a feeling GRRM has read of all the theories about R+L=J so that makes me think that he's not going to make that Jon parents since he usually likes to do things we don't expect

What are some other theories about Jon parents

I think he's said before that he'd never change what happens because fans have guessed it correctly though so I'm not convinced he would change it. Books have been out for ages remember, I'm sure people have guessed half the plot by now. That aside Ashara Dayne and Ned is still quite a well known one

I just checked out the HBO page about House Stark. Any ideas about why Wylla is listed as deceased? As far as I remember this was never mentioned in the books, right?

If you haven't heard, GRRM spoke to HBO about the ending of the books in case the show caught up with the books, so this may be a hint. Like on the last summary of the last episode it said the Nights King was in the episode but then changed it back to white walker

That the backstory of Jon and even further beyond that is going to be a hoot.

That something I still think is fishy and is going to be interesting about who exactly Ned's mom is. Because here is a series that has appendices dictionary-long regarding who is married to who and in what House, and if not important, because being Starks is the focus, than a brief shout out and mention of who Rickhard Stark married is no big deal. But, however, it is withheld, not provided, and for a reason I think. Otherwise, why not just include it?

That we pull and root for the Starks and their Starkiness, and we are going to find out, that just like all the other Houses, they have faults too. We know Rickard wouldn't like for Lyanna to carry a sword ( might be a hint that he wanted a little ladydom present at times) and that the whole "Southron Ambitons" thing might have pushed her away, along with not wanting to be married to Robert and all that would entail forever. We didn't get her "I'm-just-not-that-into-him" speech to Ned, regarding Robert for nothing. Falling in love with Rhaegar combined with the rest, pushed her decision along. I think neither she nor Rhaegar foresaw how bad things would get and what the dire consequences would be, and the love thing and not wanting to be apart, and his prophecy thing moved it along too. Not saying they are super, innocent, and I expect a bit more from him than her, but let us say, I see them as gray pushing more toward white. For now.

It will make sense how Arya in looks and actions in a way almost gave Ned his sister back in snippets. He did allow her to receive sword training, and be who she was, dress as she liked, etc., and I think it is connected to not wanting to be like Rickard was like with Lyanna.

So basically, I am all for TOJ as Jon's birthplace, Wylla put in place by either Arthur or Ashara or both, and R+L=J. But I do think we don't know everything, that there will be startling surprises, and that all characters involved, Rickard, Aerys, Brandon, Rhaegar, and others did not do all actions with full information and in hindsight, if given another chance, and knowing more or not having some misinformation at the time, some things would have been different. I also think Benjen knew beforehand. Not sure if he is dead or not. Part of me thinks he might be, in the hero goes it alone sense. Jon had the rug pulled right under him, and had to become more self-reliant and without any advice or company of a related loved one, when he enters the NW thinking his uncle will be with him, and then Benjen goes missing. I think it might have aided in Jon's character development. Just another crappy thing thrown toward the boy hero. Another reason he had to go from boy to man on the fast track.

What is the theory about Ned and Ashara

How is that in any way somehow less obvious than R+L=J, when it's actually spelled out in the book as a viable solution?

And he's not changing anything based on people figuring it out, because he's not a hack. It's meant to be figured out, or it wouldn't have been hinted at.

I just checked out the HBO page about House Stark. Any ideas about why Wylla is listed as deceased? As far as I remember this was never mentioned in the books, right?

That sounds like a mistake on their part. They're not perfect and I know they've gotten some stuff wrong. Ned Dayne talks to Arya about Wylla in SoS and never speaks of her as if she's dead.

From an interview with GRRM.

Do you use to check the Internet forums in order to see the predictions made by your fans?

I am aware of the principal Internet forums about A Song of Ice and Fire and I really used to look at the American and English groups. Nowadays, the most important site is Westeros, but I started to feel uncomfortable and I thought it would be a better idea not to get to these sides. The fans use to come up with theories; lots of them are just speculative but some of them are in the right way. Before the Internet, one reader could guess the ending you wanna do for your novel, but the other 10.000 wouldn’t know anything and they would be surprised. However, now, those 10.000 people use the Internet and read the right theories. They say: “Oh God, the butler did it!”, to use an example of a mystery novel. Then, you think: “I have to change the ending! The maiden would be the criminal!” To my mind that way is a disaster because if you are doing well you work, the books are full of clues that point to the butler doing it and help you to figure up the butler did it, but if you change the ending to point the maiden, the clues make no sense anymore; they are wrong or are lies, and I am not a liar.

Have you ever change any of your ideas just because your fans got you?
I ultimately thought I don’t wanna change anything. What I have to remember is that if one person figures out the ending and 10.000 people read it, they will doubt and still, a 100.000 people won’t see the post on the Internet and they will be surprised. I have to say that for each correct theory on the Internet are at least 1.000 incorrect theories. People use to see shadows on the wall when there is nothing, but I am aware about that stuff. In fact, my wife Parris use to enter to those forums and apprises me if there is anything particularly important, but that’s it.

Archived