Timey Wimey: Bran's True Power from a Hole in the Ground

BastardlyRock

Prodigy children doesn;t seem like GRRM's style. I think it would suck if a child that only recently discovered his powers and cand barely control the will be able to do the same things (or more) that someone/something that was at this for a few decades.

I think the way Bran handles his poweres ( writing wise) will be heavily decided by Bloodraven's motives.Does he do all of what he does becouse he is bored,does he have a higher purpose(and how did he come to it), does he have a god complex or is he serving some sort of god?

I belive a dynamic duo is more likely where Bran gains powers but only as much as Bloodraven allows him.You don;t let the work af a few decades in the hands of a child who never proved to be able to grasp the complexity of a whole world unless you have a way to control him.

Related to his powers i think changing past events means opening a can of worms.Being able to see and warg all over Westeros already seems very close to being godlike.He may also have acces to the magical abilities of the COTF but this very much seems to lead to a deus ex machina situation.Again, it doesn't seem like GRRM's style.Either there will be a double edged sword type of deal to all his poweres or thy will be very limited so that the manipulation of events will be done in precise yet subversive ways

Just my oppinion.

Pretty sure I agree with this. If there ever was any past influence I always believed it was a fixed thing, ie things that have already been known to have happened like the building of the Wall or the Battle for the Dawn, that we only find out later were cause by Bran's influence through the trees.

Even if he could observe everything and learn all the secrets - what good will it do without a means to get that message to whoever needs it?

BR has been a Greenseer for decades, yet could only drop cryptic messages to Bran is his dreams. As far as I can tell there are no crows where he is to carry messages, and with the hill surrounded by dead things pony express is off the agenda.

I think for that reason, he won't be immobilised the same way BR is until after the current events come to a close...he will need to travel south again after he learns what he can.

I agree and I hope we are correct.

What I find frustrating in ASOIAF is on the one hand we and characters are told to distrust signs & symbols, prophecies and portents, but on the other we have characters forced to interpret them. i.e. Dany Quaithe; Theon & Weir tree & Bran; Melisandre's visions.

So far the only trustworthy seer has been Quaithe & the only correct interpreter has been Dany.

So I don't see yet how Bran & BloodRaven are yet equipped to to influence or directly affect anything. Which is why people get frustrated with the Bran chapters. What is he going to do there?

And hurry up, GRRM and have Bran act!

Else he & BR are just like two shut-ins watching CNN, the History Channel & Sci-Fi channels without ability to FB, tweet or write an e-mail.

A lot of good points already. Lol, not sure about the patchface one, but with some elaboration, could be an awesome tie-in.

A couple of other users (Modesty Lannister and PrettyPig) have started a theory that mentions a few interesting things that could relate to Bran: the sleeping cotf/singers in Bloodraven's cave, they could be greenseers and if awoken, could help Bran do some serious help or damage through warging giants or helping the NW in some way. Also Bran has a strong connection to the Crypts of Winterfell, which seem to been foreshadowed with Mance trying to get to them and with Lady Dustin and Theons conversation. And I think Bran and Jon both have had dreams about the Winterfell Crypts.. seems to be something important down there.

Archived