ASOIAF 20 Questions v. 101 -- Elephants Will Come Out Of The Sea

a free shadow

Well, highborn or knighted or given a lordship later in in life. I would e.g. count Bronn as a noble, because he's knighted and married to a highborn woman, but not as highborn. I guess it's an interesting question, whether a highborn maester is still a noble, as they should leave all family affiliations behind. Anyway, I'm happy with the information Highborn as answer to my question.

Male?

I'll laught at Russian translation once again. There is somewhat literally meaning "... who/what is jumping". You need to guess "..."

1.Character.

2. Westerosi.

3. Not northener or wildling.

4. First seen before AFfC. :)

So not Hop-bin.

5. Seen in KL.

Minor hint: seen in several PoVs and several places.

6. Highborn, if you meant it. :)

7. Male.

vannot be Tyrion or Jaime because they were done before. Not Tywin, because nobody would ever make him jump. Could it be Kevan, or maybe Podrick? don't could, still thinking...

A squire?

The Mountain That Rides

Exactly.

The trick is that "to ride" and "to jump" is same verb in Russian. depending on context (well, horses atually do jump at some allures, don't they?). But without context it's definitely most commonly "jump", so when reading about "jumping mountain", I was confused a lot. Only very later I realized it was originally "that rides".

Your win!

Exactly.

The trick is that "to ride" and "to jump" is same verb in Russian. depending on context (well, horses atually do jump at some allures, don't they?). But without context it's definitely most commonly "jump", so when reading about "jumping mountain", I was confused a lot. Only very later I realized it was originally "who rides".

Your win!

They really translated it as the Mountain that Jumps? :lmao:

Archived