Casting the Green grace and Shaveplate

LordImp

I love these two & think if any new characters are added to the season 5 Mereen storyline (besides Quentyn) it should be them (+Belwas for the pits). The Green Grace for the local religious culture of the Harpy/resistance, and the Shave Pate w/ his Brazen Beasts (awesome masks) for the militant loyal faction.

GG would be Olena Tyrell replacement type, but harpyish & w/ veiled malice. The shavepate actor should be kindof comical in his manner & how hairy oily ugly he is though very loyal & endearing.

Judi Dench would fit well in as Green grace

Thanks! Glad you like the suggestion.

I'm not sure myself whether the Green Grace should be a mixed race or middle-eastern actress? Most of the Meereenese have darker skins than Judi Dench. I personally think the diversity of the GoT casting is a great thing but it's tough to think of an older asian actress with as much experience as Dench or Rigg. I guess ethnic actresses weren't given so many opportunities back in the day.

Mia Soteriou was great as Mirri Maz Duur though, so I'm sure the casting team will find someone amazing. Maybe Nichelle Nichols might be available. She is fantastic.

Nichelle Nichols would indeed make a great Green Grace.

I reiterate, the Shavepate must be oily.

I understand Belwas has been absent from the show thus far (really wanted to see him defeat & poop by the pissing Mereenese champ), but if it can be expected they will introduce the fighting pits (prob a given since the flying away on Drogon scene will be a S5 climax for Dany), Belwas is as good an extra as any to represent the pit fighters faction.

I was literally just coming back to express my sadness and edit my post. Thought "oh, better check and see if there's any listing...". Sad times :(

Makes me wonder just how much they are going to be altering as fary as the story is concerned :|

Yeah. That made me sad too. I love Strong Belwas. Yeah they can give his stuff to other people but it just won't be the same.

Archived