Westeros Battle Tournament 5

Uh who is leading the Reach btw? There's no Mace or Loras mentioned in the deployment

Yes, Mace. I'm thought it was mentioned in the deployment, but probably not the battle plan. It's not like Mace is exactly one for leading grand charges. We have Mark Mullendore (and his monkey) for that.

Small question, should Mace be replaced by someone else? I mean it's pretty impracticable for him to be in the field, but what if he was replaced with Garlan?

I think with Garlan there would be better "Battle-story/summaries" because there are more possibilities.

Small question, should Mace be replaced by someone else? I mean it's pretty impracticable for him to be in the field, but what if he was replaced with Garlan?

I think with Garlan there would be better "Battle-story/summaries" because there are more possibilities.

Blasphemy! Lord Mace personally defeated Robert Baratheon at Ashford! He is a great general!

Blasphemy! Lord Mace personally defeated Robert Baratheon at Ashford! He is a great general!

I agree Mace should remain as general, and is a great general. My point was that he strikes me as a great tactician as opposed to a great warrior. (His role in battle is as commander, not warrior). I don't believe his defeat of Robert was in single combat iirc, but rather by using his mind.

Eta: poking around the wiki, Mace didn't show up at Ashford until after the battle. Randall Tarly won that one. Glad he's in the battle plan ;)

I agree Mace should remain as general, and is a great general. My point was that he strikes me as a great tactician as opposed to a great warrior. (His role in battle is as commander, not warrior). I don't believe his defeat of Robert was in single combat iirc, but rather by using his mind.

Eta: poking around the wiki, Mace didn't show up at Ashford until after the battle. Randall Tarly won that one. Glad he's in the battle plan ;)

Yeah he was joking. ;)

We've reached a verdict on the final match. It was a close bout, with both sides making some good showings

But

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Sword will come by tomorrow or possibly the next day depending on his schedule and delight us with a summary; just keeping everyone updated ;D

Archived