Just had a thought. What if Stannis...

Super Daario

I'm just saying, Stannis is good at bold, unexpected strokes. The Summer Islands are rich in trade. That would attract Salladhor Saan back to Stannis's cause. Saan could smuggle Xho out of King's Landing along with Margaery. The Tyrells, seeing that the 'great western alliance' has fallen to shambles, and that Mace is a sitting duck in King's Landing now that Kevan is gone, will unite themselves to Stannis's cause. Willas will marry Shirreen, Margaery to Xho to become queen of the Summer Isles. She would love it there.

Not as simple as saying smuggle x out.

Invading the Summer Islands would be stupid, risky and in all likelyhood deadly. Westeros troops are not use to fighting in thick jungle, heavy Cavarly would be made useless.

The end point sounds like fanfiction, Willias isn't going to marry Shireen and Margaery isn't going to marry a foreign prince

I'm just saying, Stannis is good at bold, unexpected strokes. The Summer Islands are rich in trade. That would attract Salladhor Saan back to Stannis's cause. Saan could smuggle Xho out of King's Landing along with Margaery. The Tyrells, seeing that the 'great western alliance' has fallen to shambles, and that Mace is a sitting duck in King's Landing now that Kevan is gone, will unite themselves to Stannis's cause. Willas will marry Shirreen, Margaery to Xho to become queen of the Summer Isles. She would love it there.

I dont think he would risk what troops he has to take the summer isles especially since he doesnt have a navy right now. And the Tyrells now virtually have all the power. Both their hosts are at KL they control the small council and Tommen, Cersei has just been humiliated. It might not stay that way but the Tyrells control KL at the moment especially with Kevan dead and Jaime MIA.

I dont think he would risk what troops he has to take the summer isles especially since he doesnt have a navy right now. And the Tyrells now virtually have all the power. Both their hosts are at KL they control the small council and Tommen, Cersei has just been humiliated. It might not stay that way but the Tyrells control KL at the moment especially with Kevan dead and Jaime MIA.

The Summer Islanders have Swan ships. Stannis needs a navy. If Davos wins him White Harbor, then Tall Trees Town would secure him the entire sea lane on the southern and eastern side. Only The Ironborn would oppose them. With pirates, swan ships, and Paxter's fleet, Stannis would smash the Ironborn and save the realm.

The Summer Islanders have Swan ships. Stannis needs a navy. If Davos wins him White Harbor, then Tall Trees Town would secure him the entire sea lane on the southern and eastern side. Only The Ironborn would oppose them. With pirates, swan ships, and Paxter's fleet, Stannis would smash the Ironborn and save the realm.

Its possible but if he gets white harbor and its navy I think he would use it for taking KL. He lucked out that the Redwyne fleet had to return to the reach and Aurane Waters stole the royal fleet. If he gets White harbor he has the biggest fleet on that side of Westeros so he could go straight to KL.

Why would the Summer Islanders be interested in a Westerosi war? The Tyrells and Stannis? After the siege of Storm's End? I don't see it, especially when the Tyrells are sitting pretty atm. And I can't see Manderly giving the northern fleet to Stannis - why would he spend so much money on building a fleet for the north just to hand it over to a southron? I know Stannis fans want him to have allies but its difficult to see where they're going to come from atm. The man's just not loveable. And he makes no effort to make allies.

Why would the Summer Islanders be interested in a Westerosi war? The Tyrells and Stannis? After the siege of Storm's End? I don't see it, especially when the Tyrells are sitting pretty atm. And I can't see Manderly giving the northern fleet to Stannis - why would he spend so much money on building a fleet for the north just to hand it over to a southron? I know Stannis fans want him to have allies but its difficult to see where they're going to come from atm. The man's just not loveable. And he makes no effort to make allies.

Stannis doesn't need diplomacy. He leverages allies with his manliness.

And Xho has been begging Robert to help him retake the Summer Isles for years. If Stannis were to hand them to him, he would become Stannis's man.

And Xho has been begging Robert to help him retake the Summer Isles for years. If Stannis were to hand them to him, he would become Stannis's man.

And what would that give Stannis, some more ships? A couple of archers?

we know nothing about Summer isles politics

His manliness hasn't earned him many allies so far. Are the Summer Isles rightfully his? If they are then Stannis might help him but otherwise he won't. Besides, I think leaving Westeros would be a bad idea, plus risking the few forces he has. It might be a good idea if he was in exile but he's not.

Archived