What is the Damphair up to?

Northernmonkey

Unless the Damphair is off on an amusing, drunken binge, I don't want to hear from him, LOL

Man, it would so awesome if he undergoes another 180 and comes back as his old self, ramming the Silence with the dick-shaped prow of the Golden Storm

Seriously, though, I think he'll raise the Drowned Men/smallfolk to kick Erik Anvilbreaker's fat ass off Pyke. That will leave Asha free to marry for an alliance and Euron will lose a big chunk of street cred for losing the Isles

My crackpot therories about Damphair:

- He shaved hair & beard and is hiding aboard one of the boat of Victarion Fleet for some reason (difficult, because even without bear and hait he's got a very distinctive face, and among the Ironborns probably everybody know him)

- He took the Great Kraken, Balon's ship, and is now in the Stepstones ploting something (Arianne's bonus chapter has some clues that xan back this: lot of drowned men, "Kraken" sighting...). Peraphs he is recruting other pirates to overthrow Euron ?

Aeron is quite obviously preparing the Iron Islands for Theon's eventual return and overthrow of the Kingsmoot decision, as foreshadowed by the story of Torgon the Latecomer.

^this.

Erik Anvil Breaker & his warhammer the size of a loaf of bread but can't stand-up ass is an old done man. Many ironeborn are off away. A revolt from within the islands is very possible.

Except he doesn't know if Theon's alive.

I think Damphair is doing what he said he would do, and try to raise the smallfolk of the Iron Isles against the deicision of the kingsmoot.

Irrelevant. I didn't say he was doing it knowingly.

It's expressly said Torgon took the power with the help of the Drowned men and the people, against the decision of the captains at the Kingsmoot. Which is precisely what Aeron is setting up.

The Damphair will go around, making the people angry about the Kingsmoot, but unable to see an alternative, they'll moan, they'll complain, but they won't do anything. Then Theon comes, with valid reason to say the Kingsmoot wasn't done properly (the current king's son wasn't there), and everything will go off like a powderkeg, just like it did for Torgon.

Or, GRRM is playing us the biggest Red Herring in a long while.

My crackpot therories about Damphair:

- He shaved hair & beard and is hiding aboard one of the boat of Victarion Fleet for some reason (difficult, because even without bear and hait he's got a very distinctive face, and among the Ironborns probably everybody know him)

Now waiting for theory that damphair is a dusky woman :D

It's expressly said Torgon took the power with the help of the Drowned men and the people, against the decision of the captains at the Kingsmoot. Which is precisely what Aeron is setting up.

The Damphair will go around, making the people angry about the Kingsmoot, but unable to see an alternative, they'll moan, they'll complain, but they won't do anything. Then Theon comes, with valid reason to say the Kingsmoot wasn't done properly (the current king's son wasn't there), and everything will go off like a powderkeg, just like it did for Torgon.

I like this. I'm down with the Damphair unwittingly setting the table for both Theon and/or Asha to take his precious Seafoam Chair. He's also gonna help Asha make a valuable alliance (please with Willas, please, please) by killing her current lord husband

Or;

Aeron will not be able to raise the common folk against Euron but after Euron dies at Oldtown, he will summon a new kingsmoot which will select himself as the king to continue Balon's quest. At this point, Theon will come to claim that both of the kingsmoots were invalid.

I like this. I'm down with the Damphair unwittingly setting the table for both Theon and/or Asha to take his precious Seafoam Chair. He's also gonna help Asha make a valuable alliance (please with Willas, please, please) by killing her current lord husband

Lol. Aeron HATES everything from the green lands and he despises cripples. He HATED Asha's "craven's peace" as well. The only thing he cares is the Balon's quest.

Man, it would so awesome if he undergoes another 180 and comes back as his old self, ramming the Silence with the dick-shaped prow of the Golden Storm

Seriously, though, I think he'll raise the Drowned Men/smallfolk to kick Erik Anvilbreaker's fat ass off Pyke. That will leave Asha free to marry for an alliance and Euron will lose a big chunk of street cred for losing the Isles

I do think you are right, he's off raising the regular folk of The Iron Islands, but yeah, an appearance of The Golden Storm would be great. I was thinking that Tris had a point and maybe Aeron was already dead, but we know GRRM was trying to sell an Aeron chapter for a reading, so I'm doubting that. I doubt we'd even be lucky enough to hear about a small moment of doubt from Damphair........leading to a few drunken nights. Still, it would be entertaining.

Aeron will not be able to raise the common folk against Euron but after Euron dies at Oldtown, he will summon a new kingsmoot which will select himself as the king to continue Balon's quest. At this point, Theon will come to claim that both of the kingsmoots were invalid.

Nope. The Goodbrothers outright asked him if he would be king, remember? His response was negative. Aeron won't sit the Seastone chair.

Lol. Aeron HATES everything from the green lands and he despises cripples. He HATED Asha's "craven's peace" as well. The only thing he cares is the Balon's quest.

Thank you Paper Weaver.

Why do people keep insisting Aeron will want Theon or Asha?

He was horrible to Theon, seeing him as a week greenlander. Why would he support him returning in the state he is in?

Asha was the rightfull heir seeing they thought Theon dead but he refused to support her. He could have had her as queen but choose Victarion who has a worse claim than the other three.

Euron does everything damphair asks of the Ironborn - rape, reave, plunder... it just happens that he raped him. What an utter tool Aeron is.

I expect him to raise a Kraken but then it to consume himself while Euron laughs aboard Silence.

Like I said, it doesn't much matter what Aeron thinks personally. He is there to agitate the people. Once they see their dead king's son come back from the dead, they won't give a shit if he doesn't think as highly of him. But I find it likely Aeron will as well, he thought Theon a weak greenlander, yes. Seeing him come back from the dead would tend to change that, one would think.

Like I said, it doesn't much matter what Aeron thinks personally. He is there to agitate the people. Once they see their dead king's son come back from the dead, they won't give a shit if he doesn't think as highly of him. But I find it likely Aeron will as well, he thought Theon a weak greenlander, yes. Seeing him come back from the dead would tend to change that, one would think.

I think if Aeron would see Theon in his reek state he would seriously start to reconsider that "what is dead can never die... " bulshit

Hence why I said ''unwittingly.'' He could cry all he wants, but Asha and/or Theon would be the rulers and they'd be free to make an alliance with whoever they like.

And considering Asha's newfound peace angle (furthermore exacerbated by her interactions with the She-Bear) I think a good move on her part would be join the Tyrells against their common enemy, Euron

• 4 weeks later...

I think if Aeron would see Theon in his reek state he would seriously start to reconsider that "what is dead can never die... " bulshit

I disagree. It will not be Reek but Theon Greyjoy who returns to the iron islands. I think it depends on the manner of his return.

Say for example his body somehow washes up on Pyke. I imagine Aeron would find it difficult not to take that as a sign from his Drowned God. (I'm not saying this will happen)

I agree that he is on the iron islands rallying the Drowned men and the smallfolk, crying "No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair" to anyone who will listen.

Like others, I hope he raises a kraken from the deep. (And, imagine if Victarion returns from Meereen with a dragon, Euron would be toast).

Archived