(f)Aegon is one of the three heads of the dragon

Bringer of Rain

Pasting what I've written previously about the tavern sign. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, but it's a flawed analogy, and one I see being relevant to the QI more and more.

The tavern sign could also apply to the Golden Company. In fact it almost fits better in that case, because you could argue that the Golden Company was “hacked to pieces” moreso than Aegon (there’s been what, five rebellions?). Additionally, many of the popular BF theories place Aegon as being born in Essos, so he was never exactly “cast” into the river/sea. The GC was, however, multiple times (always retreating across the Narrow Sea).

It’s obviously not a perfect parallel one way or the other, but I think it’s hard to call it solid evidence for Aegon being a BF, when it could just as easily be nice foreshadowing for the GC’s shifted allegiance. If it was about Aegon, does that imply that there are two other BF heads out there, and only he is posing as a Targ?

This could have merely been a story by Septon Meribald to imply that there are healing powers on the QI. The strife of the red vs. black dragon was somehow healed in this parable, after the one head wishes up on the QI's shores. It also sounds like it could be a parable to educate about the shifting nature of allegiances and the dangers of dogmatic loyalty to any cause.

Sure, if the whole dragon washed up. Given that it is just the head, I am more inclined to believe that it is symbolism for an indivudual. How can you say that the golden company is a"head of the dragon" which is what is explicitly referred to.

This dragon head is worth a lot of analysis... let me give my guess:

The Three Heads are the three parts of Azor Ahai's prophecy, the saivors of the world. The Prince that was Promised, Azor Ahai and the Last Hero could be three people united in the same objective, or could be three parts of the same legend. Anyway:

Jon is the Last Hero

Aegon if the PtwP

Dany is AA

Jon was the one to travel to the far north and be saved, in part, by his warging capacity, and by wildlings, the remnants of the First Men and the mixed CotF in between(see Varamyr's grandgrandgrand¹²parents). Not saying Varamyr saved him, saying he was saved by people who are the CotF's heirs, in part.

Aegon is, quite literally, the Prince that was Promised. I mean, look at Varys' speech to Kevan and you ca see, the boy was trained to be the most awesome king since sliced bread. Quite literal, IMO.

Dany is AA, and her lightbringer is Drogon. Drogon had three "tests" with Dany: Once in the HotU, once in Astapor, and once in Meereen. First, he and Dany were bonded by the instinct of survival - a ~weak~ bond, not a love bond, and thus it shattered when they survived the HotU. On Astapor, Drogon and Dany are fighting for the rage they feel, Drogon sensing Dany's rage at the slavers, I am supposing. So, they "bond" again, this time forging that bond with the fury of a lion, and again the bond ends when they march and things get peaceful. But in Meereen Dany and Drogon bond almost like mother and son, he bears her in his back, and lets her ride him. They are fully connected from that point on? No. But that is the last part of the forging of Lightbringer, and the next stage is wielding it.

But my point is: Dany is the wandering head. She went to Essos when her house was destroyed by Robert's Warhammer, and by the time she comes back, the house she once belonged to will be "red with rust" as in "really old", which I took to mean that a Targaryen went, and a Dragonlord(lady) will return, a real Targaryen of old.

This is all my opinion, of course...

So Aegon is washed up already. He just doesn't know it yet. Anyway, I am getting tired of seeing this quote and now think that it has no foreshadowing value whatsoever. But then almost all claims of foreshadowing are BS in my opinion.

No one is forcing you to read anything.

Pasting what I've written previously about the tavern sign. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, but it's a flawed analogy, and one I see being relevant to the QI more and more.

The tavern sign could also apply to the Golden Company. In fact it almost fits better in that case, because you could argue that the Golden Company was “hacked to pieces” moreso than Aegon (there’s been what, five rebellions?). Additionally, many of the popular BF theories place Aegon as being born in Essos, so he was never exactly “cast” into the river/sea. The GC was, however, multiple times (always retreating across the Narrow Sea).

It’s obviously not a perfect parallel one way or the other, but I think it’s hard to call it solid evidence for Aegon being a BF, when it could just as easily be nice foreshadowing for the GC’s shifted allegiance. If it was about Aegon, does that imply that there are two other BF heads out there, and only he is posing as a Targ?

This could have merely been a story by Septon Meribald to imply that there are healing powers on the QI. The strife of the red vs. black dragon was somehow healed in this parable, after the one head wishes up on the QI's shores. It also sounds like it could be a parable to educate about the shifting nature of allegiances and the dangers of dogmatic loyalty to any cause.

It's not Aegon, but House Blackfyre that was hacked to pieces.

Sure, if the whole dragon washed up. Given that it is just the head, I am more inclined to believe that it is symbolism for an indivudual. How can you say that the golden company is a"head of the dragon" which is what is explicitly referred to.

Exactly.

The Three Heads are the three parts of Azor Ahai's prophecy, the saivors of the world.

Do you have a quote to back this up? I think without identifying the source of this phrase and deciding what it is, it is not a good idea to tag people as the heads of the dragon.

What is "The dragon has three heads"? A prophecy? A quote from a book? A motto of Targaryens? A saying? A line from a song? Ravings of a madman? Where does it come from?

Do you have a quote to back this up? I think without identifying the source of this phrase and deciding what it is, it is not a good idea to tag people as the heads of the dragon.

Sorry, I don't have the exact quote, but that is Rhaegar's belief, and Aemon's. When Aemon is dying he tells Sam about it. Also my opinion is into it, although I do consider another possibilities.

first i like your name and picture! the first season of Spartacus was awesome. to your topic. he very well could be. a lot of people say Tyrion Jon an Dany but who knows. i thought the other day he could very well be a Blackfyre but he MIGHT be bringing the Blackfyres and all of their follows back in support of the Targs (Jon an Dany) and play a roll in helping defend the realm from the Walkers

Sorry, I don't have the exact quote, but that is Rhaegar's belief, and Aemon's. When Aemon is dying he tells Sam about it. Also my opinion is into it, although I do consider another possibilities.

Both of whom are known to make errors in interpreting prophecies before, if this is a prophecy at all. We do not even know that it is a prophecy for sure.

Both of whom are known to make errors in interpreting prophecies before, if this is a prophecy at all. We do not even know that it is a prophecy for sure.

Yes, we don't know if it is prediction or no, but that can't stop us from theorizing, can it?

I think that, even though Rhaegar was wrong about the content of the prophecy, 'the dragon has three heads' actually might have some prophetic weight. Or it could just be Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya. Who but GRRM knows for sure?

Yes, we don't know if it is prediction or no, but that can't stop us from theorizing, can it?

I think that, even though Rhaegar was wrong about the content of the prophecy, 'the dragon has three heads' actually might have some prophetic weight. Or it could just be Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya. Who but GRRM knows for sure?

Or perhaps they are the three hills of King's Landing too. There is a seven-headed beast in the bible and a popular reformist interpretation of that beast is Rome, a city famous with the seven hills it was built on.

Or perhaps they are the three hills of King's Landing too. There is a seven-headed beast in the bible and a popular reformist interpretation of that beast is Rome, a city famous with the seven hills it was built on.

The hills are actually named after the Targaryen kings. But this pattern of three is related to House Targaryen deeper than that? I don't know, but I'd like to. Is there any thread around the number three and Targaryens? I mean, Dany does have 3 dragons...

Archived