*Book Spoilers* Predicting the Season 5 Episode Titles

Oriolesmagic

It is a difficult task given the uncertainty about the reach of this season and the storylines it will include, but "Whispers of Weirwoods" will be an excellent episode title for an heavy-Theon episode, Bran storyline and even the Deepwood Motte battle; "Nagga" or "Nagga's hill" for the kingsmoot; "Hear me Roar" for the Walk of Shame not for Tywin's funerals (even fitting for Drogon roaring at the Daznak Pit). The last episode well could be named "Mercy" (Mercy giving no mercy for Meryn Trant, Lady Stoneheart giving no mercy for Brienne and Pod).

"Valonqar" for 5x01, "The Sorrows" for the episode including the stonemen-Tyrion scene, and "Unbent, unbowed, unbroken" for a Doran-Jaime scene seems accurate.

"Sons of the Harpy" could work, though I don't like the phonetics.

So far, the first and third seasons have had Episode titles that directly relate to the last scene of the season (with two and four being scenes from the middle of the episode). Is this coincidence? Probably. But it could be an instance of HBO not wanting the title to reflect the last scene in back to back seasons, to keep people on their toes.

Which brings up this question, What will the final scene of Season 5 be?

So far, the first and third seasons have had Episode titles that directly relate to the last scene of the season (with two and four being scenes from the middle of the episode). Is this coincidence? Probably. But it could be an instance of HBO not wanting the title to reflect the last scene in back to back seasons, to keep people on their toes.

Surely something White Walker-related, and if they do do it, Jon's stabbing would be a good precursor to that scene, which will influence the final episode's title. If they don't do the WW ending, then perhaps Dany and Drogon ready to confront the hoard of Dothraki, but they will save a title pertaining to a Dany moment for her pit scene in episode 9.

Of course there's always a possiblity they can have a feel-good ending like in S1 with the dragon birth, S3 with Mhysa, and S4 with Arya leaving for Braavos. Though the closest thing to a feel-good ending for a character in DWD or AFFC is with Tyrion, but that would be very anticlimactic. Arya possibly killing Meryn in Braavos could be a good ending as well, which means they can have a title similiar to "The Children" which refers to multiple characters' arcs in the story.

I don't have an order for them, But I think Valonqar will come (but later on), The Sorrows, The Ghost in Winterfell, Queen's Men, A Walk of Shame, The Lion and The Snake/Sparrow, High Sparrow, Kill the Boy, No One, The Pit, Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken, and The Seastone Chair/Kingsmoot are all possibilities. Plus all the POV chapter titles for Victarion and Asha.

Perhaps "the letter" for the penultimate episode (if like last season a whole episode is dedicated to Jon and the Wall)

and Winter/Winter Has Come for the final episode (would have suggested The Children" but I guess that's out the window now)

Ok, just some ideas:

1. Across the Narrow Sea

2. And Now His Watch Begins

3. The Seastone Chair (*hope*)

4. The Harpy

5. A Thousand Eyes, And One

6. Cat of the Canals

7. A Ghost in Winterfell

8. The Walk of Shame

9. A Dance with Dragons

10. A Feast for Crows

Ok, just some ideas:

1. Across the Narrow Sea

4. The Harpy

6. Cat of the Canals

7. A Ghost in Winterfell

8. The Walk of Shame

9. A Dance with Dragons

10. A Feast for Crows

I really like using the book titles as Episode titles. I think it works perfectly if we get a version of Aegon and "For the watch" this season.

Ok, just some ideas:

1. Across the Narrow Sea

4. The Harpy

6. Cat of the Canals

7. A Ghost in Winterfell

8. The Walk of Shame

9. A Dance with Dragons

10. A Feast for Crows

"And now his/my watch begins" seems perfect for the Lord Commander Election... For some reason, I thought that this title had been already used during S1 but I was wrong... "A Ghost in Winterfell" ("The Ghost of Winterfell" I'd prefer) is nice, and "A Feast for Crows" too, if "For the Watch" happens this season... otherwise, I'd choose "Winds of Winter" for 5x10. "A Dance with Dragons" should be saved for Aegon vs Dany (if happens). 5x08 seems a bit early for the walk.

"A Dance with Dragons" should be saved for Aegon vs Dany (if happens). 5x08 seems a bit early for the walk.

Might be. On the other hand, some of the Cersei/Margeary relationship has already been established in s4 (and even s3 to some extend), so we could get it earlier. Howeverm right now it's only a list of possible titles, since we don't really know what exactly is going to happen this season.

With "a dance with dragons" I refer to Daznak's Pit plus maybe the Dragontamer thing, even though I don't actually expect those two events to be in the same episode.

Might be. On the other hand, some of the Cersei/Margeary relationship has already been established in s4 (and even s3 to some extend), so we could get it earlier. Howeverm right now it's only a list of possible titles, since we don't really know what exactly is going to happen this season.

With "a dance with dragons" I refer to Daznak's Pit plus maybe the Dragontamer thing, even though I don't actually expect those two events to be in the same episode.

I'd like "Hear me roar" for 5x09, with the Walk of Shame, and then the Daznak's Pit... but we will see... can't wait for S5. :drunk:

My wish is that the ending looks something like this:

• First, a scene where Jon talks with Melisandre before leaving for Winterfell with the Wildlings. Melisandre gives him some hints about his parentage and such, before Jon leaves to tell Queen Selyse of the Pink Letter. On his way across the courtyard, Jon is surrounded by Night's Watchers stabbing him while preaching "For the Watch". Jon lies bleeding on the ground, as his eyes turn white. Somewhere Ghost howls.

Then, we go straight to the cave of the Brotherhood, where Brienne wakes up after her fight (Freys instead of Rorge and Biter?). She meets Thoros, Anguy, possibly Gendry, and the rest of the Brotherhood, before she demands to speak with Beric. Thoros tells her that Beric is dead and that they have a new leader now. Yada yada yada, "She don't speek... But she remembers". Cue Thoros stepping out of the way, revealing Catelyn.

But I have doubts about Lady Stoneheart being included, so unfortunately, I'd have to go with the stabbing as the last scene.

I'll update my list.

1. Kinslayer. Tywin's death discovered, and possibly Balon's death.

2. The Lord of Winter. LC election and the Boltons in Winterfell.

3. The Faith. The Faith starts to cause troubles in King's Landing.

4. Our Blades Are Sharp. Ramsay's wedding.

5. Lioness. Cersei captured.

6. The Toothless Lion. Cersei in captivity and Tyrion captured by slavers.

7. Unbowed, Unbend, Unbroken. Doran's reveal.

8. Bastard. Jon's stabbing.

9. The Stag and the Dragon. The Battle of Winterfell and Daznak's Pit.

10. Lady Stark. Jaime brougth before LS and Sansa's possible wedding.

I keep seeing people talk about Arya's Mercy chapter from WoW, and how it will be modified to involve Meryn Trant instead of Raff the Sweetling (since Trant is seen in Bravos accompanying Mace Tyrell). Didn't we already get a show adaptation of the Mercy chapter when Arya killed Polliver at the Crossroads Inn in Season 4?

Archived