Halfhanded Foreshadowing?

Sword of the Morgan

Qorin still had half a hand, thumb and index finger. Plus of course palm and wrist. This is a disadvantage but still far better than absent an entire hand.

Yes obviously it's more of a disadvantage but the point is it was enough to force him to switch hands and he's become a very talented swordsman with his left.

Its not that far fetched to think Jamie can become a good swordsman with enough work. The question now is, if there is foreshadowing in this scenario, will Jamie be presented with the need to sacrifice himself for some noble purpose?

I think he is going to play some kind of role in something major, but whether that involved sacrificing himself I don't know. I could see that coming to pass, but I hope it doesn't.

We don't know a ton about Qhorin Halfhand, but we do know that after a wildling axe chopped the fingers off his right hand he learned to become just as good a swordsman with his left. Could this be foreshadowing that Jaime will regain his proficiency with the sword?

Yes. But it could also happen that Jaime never becomes a decent fighter again. So it's used as a comparison between some fierce fighter who has to fight for duty and a talented spoiled brat who is a good tournament fighter for the lack of a proper occupation.

Archived