Bran's Justice

House Volton

I think that Jaime when captured by Lady Stoneheart will be subject to trial by her

But Old Gods(Bran) will intervene and Lady Stoneheart will recgonize her favorite son and break to tears

Bran will convince her that he as an old god will pass judgement for him

Bran decides to skinchange Jaime as justice for himself and his family

By this The Lannisters will pay all their debts to Starks and also remind them that North and Old gods remember

I think this is because Jaime was marked by the old gods and BWB's den is place affiliated to Old Gods. Meaning Bran may have power over there.

This may be the most game changing magical move after shadow assassination of Renly

If you find this too Crackpot please go easy on me as I am a newbie

Well there is the Jaime the Kingmaker Theory in R+L=J thread

In those theories people reflected about Jaime's dreams and his encounter of Other Aerys kingsguard in them

while there is a story in Russian folklore about the winged wolf trying to make a prince who has lost his kingdom help get back

Considering this two things I have speculated that both Jaime and Bran will be instrumental in making Jon the King

Jaime is even closer to Howland Reed than any other character POV

And the last chapter of Jaime in ADWD laments the fact about influence of Old Gods in the region

And there is this quote in it

'“Is that why you killed all the Starks?”

“Not all,” said Jaime. “Lord Eddard’s daughters live. One has just been wed. The other …” Brienne, where are you? Have you found her? “… if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that

some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.” “The gods are good,” his hostage said, uncertainly. You go on believing that. Jaime let Honor feel his spurs.'

Jaime doesn't know that Bran and Rickon are still alive.

In fact Bran is close to become an old god (the one which Hoster believes in and is refering to)

Bran may meet him in him in mind

I know this is bit filmsy but we also didn't know in AGOT that renly was going to be assassinated that way

Well there is the Jaime the Kingmaker Theory in R+L=J thread

In those theories people reflected about Jaime's dreams and his encounter of Other Aerys kingsguard in them

while there is a story in Russian folklore about the winged wolf trying to make a prince who has lost his kingdom help get back

Considering this two things I have speculated that both Jaime and Bran will be instrumental in making Jon the King

Jaime is even closer to Howland Reed than any other character POV

And the last chapter of Jaime in ADWD laments the fact about influence of Old Gods in the region

And there is this quote in it

'“Is that why you killed all the Starks?”

“Not all,” said Jaime. “Lord Eddard’s daughters live. One has just been wed. The other …” Brienne, where are you? Have you found her? “… if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that

some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.” “The gods are good,” his hostage said, uncertainly. You go on believing that. Jaime let Honor feel his spurs.'

Jaime doesn't know that Bran and Rickon are still alive.

In fact Bran is close to become an old god (the one which Hoster believes in and is refering to)

Bran may meet him in him in mind

I know this is bit filmsy but we also didn't know in AGOT that renly was going to be assassinated that way

1) The Russian folklore is a connection that you seem to have made because you see some similarities. Thing is that no work is ever truly original and it is not because every author is copying each other (though many draw influences) but that there are many ideas that people come up with independently where others come up with something similar. I am hesitant to make connections like this, so can you expand further on this point.

2) How is Jaime the closest to Howlend Reed? They don't know each other so I have to assume you mean geographically. Which means.... What? That Reed will necessarily play a role in putting UnCat to rest? That he must and will play a role in bringing the influence of the Old God religion to the Riverlands as you propose?

3) Perhaps Hoster will not be visited by Bran in dreams. Which goes into the point of speculation being unreliable. We have evidence that Bran visits the people that he knew, not the ones that are/were unknown to him.

4) That we didn't know Renly was going to be assassinated, at all, in the first book doesn't reinforce what you propose. We did however learn in the ACOK prologue that Stannis was considering fraticide, and it was hinted in Tyrion's last chapter that the two would come to blows because Renly claimed the throne.

I think its more likely that if any of the Stark children will intercede it will be Arya. We know Nymeria is skulking around somewhere, and she is the one who dragged Lady Stoneheart from the River. We also know that Arya's powers as a warg are growing because she was able to see threw the cats eyes while being conscious to hit the kindly old man.

That being said there is a decent argument to be made that Nymerias pack has moved North as we saw in the Mercy sample chapter they were running threw a pine forest.

Jaime is destined to be judged by Bran, and mercifully at that, but the Stoneheart situation is too soon for both arcs, Bran has to first reject Bloodraven's ruthlessness in favour of his father's mercy and justice, and that's going to require some seeing and learning. And Bran is the worst of Jaime's acts and the last he should be judged for.

Also UnCat hasn't been built up to defer judgement, she or it is a one way spiral downwards.

Archived