Any ideas on Aegon´s Kingsguard?

Any ideas on Aegon´s Kingsguard?

A solid man, and true, Connington thought as he watched Duck dismount, but not worthy of the Kingsguard. He had tried his best to dissuade the prince from giving Duckfield that cloak, pointing out that the honor might best be held in reserve for warriors of greater renown whose fealty would add luster to their cause, and the younger sons of great lords whose support they would need in the coming struggle, but the boy would not be moved. “Duck will die for me if need be,” he had said, “and that’s all I require in my Kingsguard. The Kingslayer was a warrior of great renown, and the son of a great lord as well.”

At least I convinced him to leave the other six slots open, else Duck might have six ducklings trailing after him, each more blindingly adequate than the last.

i´m thinking Ser Garth Hightower, after Aegon saves Oldtown from Euron.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79195-eurons-attack-on-oldtown/

Ser Gerold Dayne

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/100304-theory-darkstar-works-for-varys-and-heres-why/

Ser Daemon Sand????

The Bastard of Godsgrace was one of Dorne's finest swords as well, as might be expected from one who had been Prince Oberyn's squire and had received his knighthood from the Red Viper himself

who else?

Gath seems like a solid choice, but I do not know that anyone would trust Dark Star enough to give him a white cloak and I am not sure Aemon would give a white cloak to a bastard. Is there evidence of other bastards serving as King's Guard? If so, I would reverse that opinion.

As for the rest, I have no real idea, Loras would be an obvious choice, assuming the report of his injuries are false. If not, maybe Garlan.

What other Knights of note are left?

Gath seems like a solid choice, but I do not know that anyone would trust Dark Star enough to give him a white cloak and I am not sure Aemon would give a white cloak to a bastard. Is there evidence of other bastards serving as King's Guard? If so, I would reverse that opinion.

As for the rest, I have no real idea, Loras would be an obvious choice, assuming the report of his injuries are false. If not, maybe Garlan.

What other Knights of note are left?

Darkstar: well yes, its debatable, especially since he would have to give up high hermitage. But the theory i linked is quite convincing IMO. He does seem to envy his famous cousin.

Daemon; yes, there has been quite a few bastards in the KG.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert_Flowers

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Marston_Waters

Loras would be the obvious choice if the Tyrells turned cloak.. but i don´t think they will..IMO marg will be hostage and they will be forced to fight for the lannisters.

Garlan on the other hand was made a Lord.

Top man Duck.

Garth of Old Town

Loras of Highgarden

Daemon Sand(for his queen)

Gerold Dayne(depends on how he shows his worth)

The elder Swann brother, mostly because i see him and his brother dying by each other's swords.

And the one the only, Lancel Lannister, the sword of the faith.

Loras would be the obvious choice if the Tyrells turned cloak.. but i don´t think they will..IMO marg will be hostage and they will be forced to fight for the lannisters.

Garlan on the other hand was made a Lord.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there a lot more Tyrell forces in King's Landing then there are Lannister?

one of the golden company's that proves himself in combat will probably be one

I think that is pretty likely for 1 or maybe 2 spots. For the most part a sell sword is in it for the money, but it is perfectly possible that a man or two may become more loyal to Aegon then to the Golden Company and agree to the white cloak.

This is all assuming, of course, that Aemon lives long enough to establish himself. I do think he will be the one to break the Lannister/Tyrell alliance (though Cersei is dong a wonderful job so far).

Top man Duck.

Garth of Old Town

Loras of Highgarden

Daemon Sand(for his queen)

Gerold Dayne(depends on how he shows his worth)

The elder Swann brother, mostly because i see him and his brother dying by each other's swords.

And the one the only, Lancel Lannister, the sword of the faith.

Balon swann is currently facing Darkstar.. not sure he will survive this one

and his brother is heir to stonehelm, not sure he would give up lands and titles for the KG.

and lancel is warrior´s son.. i think that will be his role from now on.

And what better way for the Faith show their support then to put a man such as Lancel in his guard?

do we know that this is even possible? that's like a man being in the kingsguard and night's watch at the same time.

a wild guess

Aegon will have the Golden Company, the Stormlands, The Reach and Dorne to face Dany in the Dance of dragons 2.0 IMO.

So, he has 6 spots left + Duck

1 from the GC (one of the Coles)

1 from the Stormlands (since many are still loyal to Stannis).. not sure whom.

2 from Dorne (Daemon Sand and Darkstar)

2 from the Reach (Garth Hightower and?)

Archived