ASOIAF Phrase Guessing Game #4

Kyoshi

The story isn't done, the story is just beginning and there are no happy endings.

Great quote!

Where are you guys finding all these gems? I've reread the books 4 times (or is it 5) and I barely remember them even after you've revealed them.

In my current reread of AGOT I'm writing down all the lines that seem memorable and quotable - and there are 5 or more in every chapter. Martin is just amazing like that with his ability to put feelings into words in quotable ways.

Which leads me to the title of this game. It would be great if it had a more catchy name. Yomi's "Catelyn Stoneheart's favorite Game" - ASOIAF hangman, is catchy and clever. It wouldn't necessarily have to be that clever, but something more literate and flowing than "ASOIAF phrase guessing game". I'd love to call it "So Spake Martin" - but that's taken and to reuse it would be confusing to say the least (the SSM is a compendium on this site of real world quotes from the author at various speaking engagements & interviews. It is not lines from the book necessarily.).

Maybe something like "Quoth the Raven: ASOIAF lines guessing game"?

I like the idea of branching out from the well known phrases like "it is known", "Now his watch is ended" and "winter is coming" to things like, "I have to go shoe a horse." - a line from Arya 1, AGOT said to Septa Mordane as she's fleeing from her needlework. That expansion would make this a more challenging game, but maybe more fun in the long run.

Curious what you guys think?

Or perhaps something simple like ' the words of ice and fire?' A simple play on the World of Ice and Fire.

There you go!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is fantastic!!

How does everybody else feel about Starky's name change suggestion?

Archived