War and Peace, the pointless wars of Daeron and the dornish.

Wmarshal

1. Yes, the minute he attacked.

3. The Freys were the TUlly's Bannermen and Robb was the King of the Trident so they were his banners.

4. The Dornish were first enemies, the Freys were not enemies of Robb.

1. Daeron sent no men to force them to end the war.

3. The Freys were bannermen of the king of the realm, Robb kingship was easily contested.

4. The dornish were rebellious bannermen who looked to end him, as were the Freys. They swore a oath of fealty and broke it, as many do, then killed Daeron under a peace banner.

Do we really need a second thread to discuss why someone protects his house and family? Or the fact that there is not one brain for all people but different people have different opinions, expectations and thoughts?

I just didn't want to derail the other thread through. If you are down okay then, because I am quiet flustered and I really shouldn't be with this book at my side. I am happy to end it as what you believe is what you believe stand. But for future reference, can i don't know, not put people who disagree with the idea of war over talk on the side of slavery?

I just didn't want to derail the other thread through. If you are down okay then, because I am quiet flustered and I really shouldn't be with this book at my side. I am happy to end it as what you believe is what you believe stand. But for future reference, can i don't know, not put people who disagree with the idea of war over talk on the side of slavery?

The point is that we have analyzed it to death and it seems that we have way too different standards. Heck there wasn't an answer even to if Daeron attacked Dorne when there was still a peace treaty.

The point is that we have analyzed it to death and it seems that we have way too different standards. Heck there wasn't an answer even to if Daeron attacked Dorne when there was still a peace treaty.

Daeron was wrong to invade dorne, as I been stated, Dorne had right to be angry and want to rebel. A Peace Banner still is sacred and not something one should easily throw away to achieve freedom, but as you stated, we just have different standards.

Daeron was wrong to invade dorne, as I been stated, Dorne had right to be angry and want to rebel. A Peace Banner still is sacred and not something one should easily throw away to achieve freedom, but as you stated, we just have different standards.

But how do we know they threw the peace banner away lightly? To me, the more likely version is that they thought about it and decided it was their best course of action, given the state of things and Baelor's peaceful disposition which I believe they were aware of. Not the spur of a moment decision.

But how do we know they threw the peace banner away lightly? To me, the more likely version is that they thought about it and decided it was their best course of action, given the state of things and Baelor's peaceful disposition which I believe they were aware of. Not the spur of a moment decision.

I still don't see how, it was a huge surprise Baelor did what he did, there wasn't (as far as this book shows) any sight of him pre king time was such a astonishing man.

You cannot expect from people who are under attack and everything that they are and hold dear are in danger from a tyrant who break all the treaties and laws to respect anything. It's that simple. When you attack some, his family and his house he will fight you, he will not think about anything else than keep his people safe. And that is what they did. Daeron thought that it was ok to break the treaties and the laws because fire and bollocks forgeting all about rights and laws and treaties but when the others fight back they break a treaty? He played he lost. It's that simple. Everything else went out of the window when he attacked Dorne. :bang:

You cannot expect from people who are under attack and everything that they are and hold dear are in danger from a tyrant who break all the treaties and laws to respect anything. It's that simple. When you attack some, his family and his house he will fight you, he will not think about anything else than keep his people safe. And that is what they did. Daeron thought that it was ok to break the treaties and the laws because fire and bollocks forgeting all about rights and laws and treaties but when the others fight back they break a treaty? He played he lost. It's that simple. Everything else went out of the window when he attacked Dorne. :bang:

I don't expect anything, I just see the error in this act. Simple as that, this was a error and could have been bad for Dorne and her people. I never complained of Dorne killing Daeron before I learned how they did it. He was a invader and died. But this act invited no treaty signing and a lot more death. That is the point, Dorne needed leaders who thought of ending the violence and gaining freedom not just fight for the sack of fighting. But as I can see we still don't agree.

Archived