[TWOIAF Spoilers] Velaryons, and a few comments on royal women

MaesterMan

Been reading the early Targaryen chapters more thoroughly in TWOIAF. Trying to piece together the Velaryons' genealogy and here's an attempt at the basics of same, based what I could clean from TWOIAF and other online reports here on the Forum:

X Velaryon born circa 70-65 BC, married X Targaryen, parents of:

I.) Velaena Velaryon born circa 46 BC, married circa 30 BC Aerion Targaryen Lord of Dragonstone (born circa 50 BC),

parents of Visenya, Aegon I, and Rhaenys Targaryen;

II.) Daemon Velaryon, Admiral of the Fleet to Aegon I during the Conquest, born circa 40 BC, killed during the Conquest circa 2BC or 1 BC, married unknown, parents of:

A) Aethon Velaryon, born circa 15BC, Master of the Ships and Lord Admiral during the reign of Aegon I, married perhaps another X Targaryen, and had issue, see immediately below;

B) Ser Corlys Verlaryon, First Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, born circa 12 BC, probably childless

children of Aethon Velaryon and his wife, perhaps a Targaryen:

i.) Alyssa Velaryon, born 7AC, died after 51AC, married 1st 22AC Aenys I Targaryen (7-42AC), six children; married 2nd c. 48AC, Robar Baratheon of Storms End (probably her 1st husband's half-first-cousin, and a son of Orys Baratheon and of Argella Durrandon), two late-born Baratheon children, Boremund and Jocelyn (whose birthdates would have to be 48/9 and 50/1, unless twins--Alyssa was aged 40+ at the time).

ii.) Daemon Velaryon, born circa 10AC, Admiral of the Fleet under Maegor I (which, if Daemon was loyal to the king, may have put him at odds temporarily with his sister and his nephews Aegon and Jaeherys?!), married unknown, parents of:

a) Unknown son Velaryon, born circa 29/30 AC, died unknown, married unknown, parents of:

I) Corlys Velaryon born circa 53AC, died 132AC, aged 79 years, married c. 92AC, Rhaenys Targaryen, his 2nd cousin once removed, born 74AC, died 129AC, parents of Laena Velaryon 93-120AC and Laenor Velaryon 94-120. Much later in life took a mistress Marilda of Hull, and father of Addam Velaryon (ne "of Hull") 114-130AC and of Alyn Velaryon "Oakenfist" (ne "of Hull") born 116AC-disappeared at sea 175AC, who later married his paternal half-niece Baela Targaryen (born 116AC, died uncertain--I've seen a reference(in So Spake Martin?--can't remember where for certain....) that Alyn's wife was still alive, but the TWOIAF seemed to imply Alyn might marry Elaena Targaryen circa early 170s, implying that Baela was gone, unless Elaena hoped Aegon IV would grant Alyn a divorce (though Baela does not seem like a woman you'd cheat on--yet neither does Rhaenys the Queen Who Never Was, and that seemingly did happen later in her marriage to Corlys Velaryon--a possibility that is still more believable than Laenor Velayron's siring five sons by two different women--Laena and Marilda).

II) unnamed brother of Corlys Velaryon, born circa 60AC, death and marriage not known, father of:

Daeron Velaryon, born circa 95AC, killed in the Stepstones fighting for Alyn Oakenfist in 132AC, married unknown, father of:

A) Daenaera Velaryon born circa 127AC, died no sooner than 150AC (birth of Elaena Targaryen, her youngest child), married sometime between 133AC (when selected in a sort of "bride show" at age 6) and 143AC (year her eldest son Daeron I born), Aegon III Targaryen "Dragonbane, The Unlucky") 120-157 AC.

B) Unnamed son Velaryon born circa 129 AC, ancestor of later Velaryons of Driftmark that survive through the time of A Song of Ice and Fire).

Also a few random genealogical comments on royal women:

I agree that Aemma Arryn pretty much has to be the only child of Rodrik Arryn and Princess Daella Targaryen, unless Daella had a child in 80/1AC, after her marriage in 80AC and before her death giving birth to Aemma in 82AC. However, it sounds like Rodrik Arryn had either been married before he wed Daella, and/or married again after Daella's death, and had a son who was the father of Lady Jeyne Arryn of The Vale (died 134AC, Regent of Aegon III, and called Princess/Queen Rhaenyra's "cousin" in TWOIAF, which Jeyne would be if she shared descent with Rhaenyra from Rodrik Arryn).

In the discussion on the council of 92AC, Rhaenys Targaryen was called the "eldest" daughter of the late Aemon Targaryen, implying at least one and probably more sisters still living in that year (and born between 75 and 92AC). So, more mystery Targaryen princesses who mayhave lived to marry, along with Prince Aegon and Princess/Queen Rhaena's twin girls, Aerea and Rhalla (was this meant to be "Rhaella"?).

Also on page 106 of TWOIAF, on the regin of Maekar I, Maekar is said to "have a number of sons and daughters". Though only his two daughters Daella and Rhae are listed in the Targaryen family tree, I did wonder if any others were implied by this comment, unless the 4 sons and 2 daughters are the "a number".

Archived