Howland Reed must of used magic at the battle at the Tower of Joy.

Pecnut

• 2 weeks later...

When Meera netted Summer, Bran asked her if their Master at Arms taught her how to fight like that and she said "No, my father did."

I think that line was put in there for a reason.

More support for the net theory!

For real though, a weighted net could take down most people and animals, especially already weighed down by plate armor.

I think that the remaining Kingsguard knew the end was near when they saw Ned approaching. The sad smile Ser Arthur Dayne had was perhaps the realization that this would be it, a last stand so to speak. Perhaps the same smile that Obi Wan had when Vader killed him. Anyhow, I'm going a bit crackpot and off topic, but anyhow, I wondered this myself. Lyanna had to stand in and fight for Howland Reed, and all of a sudden, he part of Ned's 7? Could the Sword of the Morning really put in 100% knowing he would be killing the King's Uncle (assuming RLJ and J is legitimate).

I believe the Sword of the Morning had slight hesitation and Howland Reed took advantage of that moment. Either way, I can't believe anyone was happy or proud of that fight. In recollection, Ned's 7 are described as dark wreaths...darkness, evil, against purity, white knights. Ned gave them enough chances but they swore a vow, and with that, the last 3 great Kingsguard were slain. Its been shit ever since, sans Barristan and two handed Kingslayer.

• 5 months later...

Archived