Front Cover Sticker on EU release

Its_nuno

Hello,

I just got The World of Ice and Fire book but there's this huge sticker on the front cover, as shown in this picture.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519BTfk-mDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm scared of peeling it off and was wondering if anyone else who got this book managed to get it off without damaging the cover or leaving residue.

I say go for it. I got faith in you Its_nuno.

Hello,

I just got The World of Ice and Fire book but there's this huge sticker on the front cover, as shown in this picture.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519BTfk-mDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm scared of peeling it off and was wondering if anyone else who got this book managed to get it off without damaging the cover or leaving residue.

I used to remove similar stickers on used video game cases/boxes (I collect some old video games). Usually, new stickers on new things aren't that hard to take off compared to things 10+ years old.

What you can do is get a hair dryer. Dab some GooGone on the sticker. Blow it on the sticker (this heats up the sticker adhesive and makes it easier to remove without pulling off the cover with it). Then just peel the sticker off slowly. And use GooGone to remove the remaining adhesive residue. You can try without using GooGone, but it might be a little more risky.

Go on YouTube, it will be more specific.

And I'm not sure why they even put those stickers on it. I noticed it at my bookstore too in the United States.

God I hate these things, when they put them on Bluray slipcovers it just irritates me. I've been known to spend a long time at Best Buy finding ones that peel cleanly.

First world problems sure, but that's where I live so...

Archived