Dunk and Egg spoilers?

tman2nd

I haven't read the Dunk and Egg novellas yet, but I intend to when the collection comes out. I do have the World of Ice and Fire and have started reading it, but I don't want to read any spoilers. My question is, are there any Dunk and Egg spoilers in TWoIaF, and if so, what parts should I skip?

You totally should read the novellas first. Dreamsongs on paperback used is on Amazon for 2.99. Legends II and Warriors are more like 10 beans each.

Or you can do what I did and Sign up for Audible. Which became my favorite thing ever.

Completely agree, tPatQ was a bit of a sluggish read IMHO but I'm still glad I read it before tWoIaF.

I think it would have been better if it was released along with TRP. It'd have been a lot better if it was a novella akin to Dunk & Egg or even a novel like the ASOIAF books. There's the broad strokes of a good story there.

I really hope for a mini-series at some point. I think there's a lot of potential there.

Skip the final two or three paragraps of Daeron II, which concerns info from THK.. The reign of Aerys I discusses stuff from TMK. (there are no TSS spoilers in the world book).

The reigns of Maekar I and Aegon V might contain spoilers for future D&E novella's, as well as the reign of Aerys I, as they discuss the remaining Blackfyre Rebellions.

I wanted to come back and add - that since there have only been three Dunk and Egg books - Daeron II and Aegon V pretty much spoiled - well however many George eventually writes. I mean we know how it ends. But there are a lot of details there. Actually some of the latter Stormlands stuff had me "Oh My!"

Archived