The Greatjon

robbyhouston

Agree. But I do wish they ended up showing being detained. because many people will probably not remember him or take some time to realize and remember him.

At the red wedding even if he ended up being killed, I still wish they would have put the scene from the books in. Where he is really really wasted but still ends up being able to whoop some traitor ass when he had multiple guys attacking solely him at the same time.

If he does appear, I guess they could put in little 7 second preview clip on "next episode on game of thrones" And then people for the most part could remember him, and have time to look him up and remember him.

I also think there would be a cool scene if Black fish and some others go to free him and Edmure. Possibly could accomplish it if a good chunk of Frey soldiers leave to go and parley up with Roose

They should have just thrown in some soundbites of him yelling from Season 1 into the wedding massacre...but then they;d have to explain why he wasn't at Robb's table. The red wedding in general lacked the awesome feel the book had when Robb's entire inner circle was fighting to the death rather than submit.

^I don't know if I "had to" per se (I don't know what the rules are regarding what our avatars can show and can't) but it would distracting if I didn't crop it.. :blushing:.Anyhow, I picked this specific picture because I was looking for one of Mel making a relatively benign facial expression. There was a thread, "ranking female POV characters" or something of the sort and after Mel was ranked so low by so many people and got so much flak there, I thought I ought to show some support for the Red Woman with a "sympathetic Mel" photo.

That's all off topic of course...how about that Greatjon potentially taking Manderly's place...?

^well that thread shouldn't have included Mel in the first place ....mainly because that is about the pov characters and she got what one chapter ....so I think its just unfair to put her above those who had chapters from the start

that said I would like to see the rest of your avatar without anything cut

Nope. Great Jon is alive. Small Jon is dead.

But I doubt we'll see him again in the show.

I knew the Greatjon wasn't at the RW. Nowhere in my post did I say he was dead. The person I was responding to indicated that had he been at the RW he would have been among the captured. Since all the northern nobles were killed, it is likely he would have been murdered with the rest of them had he been there.

I think it's the easiest way of condensing characters and still getting some of the same story.

I imagine Davos being sent by Stannis to treat with Umber at Last Hearth, which is close to the wall, instead of going to White Harbor and then Skaagos.

I can't think of why any southerners would be there (even if they were up north for fArya's wedding, they wouldn't be that north), but I'd love to get a version of Frey Pies and Merman's Court. At the very least, a "The North Remembers" scene would be a dope way to re-introduce us to the Greatjon, Rickon and Shaggy.

It has to be torture for non book readers, they seem to just go by way too quick,and then its another long ass time before it resumes again

I've been reading this series since 1996. Don't talk to me about torture. Martin sure puts the "grr" in GRRM.

I knew the Greatjon wasn't at the RW. Nowhere in my post did I say he was dead. The person I was responding to indicated that had he been at the RW he would have been among the captured. Since all the northern nobles were killed, it is likely he would have been murdered with the rest of them had he been there.

He was at the red wedding.

Archived