Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

yeah lets hope they cut that out

Agreed.

I wonder why Cersei is going to have the High Septon killed in the show. I don't remember him being chosen by Tyrion in the show. Maybe she believes that he's the Tyrells' creature after he makes Tywin's corpse reek, says "Tommen of House Baratheon" during the wedding and agrees that the wedding cloak is going to bear the Crowned Stag of Storm's End or something like that.

Just an idea but does anyone else think Olenna could be talking to Littlefinger in that clip? We know he'll be back in KL for certain parts of this season, would be interesting to see how an interaction between those two would go considering all of their unseen correspondences of the past.

It could presumably be anyone. The best guess to narrow it down is for someone to figure out where that tapestry in the background was in S4.

I wonder if that note Stannis is passing Jon is the "his name is STARK" one (or the equivalent).

Wow, hadn't thought of that. It would be so great so have mentions of Northern Lords still backing the Starks (and Stannis gringing his teeth about it!!). But I think according to the facebook spoiler, that's likely to be a document legitimizing Jon and making him Lord of Winterfell. Except, contrary to what the spoiler says, it seems according to body language that Jon refuses right away: the way he puts the letter back on the desk in the next picture screams out "thanks but no thanks" to me.

The scene with the boltons is interesting. they are waiting on the arrival of someone. even more interesting is the fact that ramsay not roose is standing in the center, usually that is where the head of the family stands. So the person arriving May be for ramsay? Farya anyone.

That's exactly what I thought. The fact that Ramsay is in the center means the person(s) arriving are more significant for Ramsay than Roose. I can't think of anything other than a bride. This picture has me really excited!

BTW can i just say how much i love fat walda?

Also i think the scene where Sansa is crying may be when she finds out her sister (who she thought was dead) is getting married to ramsay snow. Or it could be she finds out Jeyne poole is posing as fArya. It makes no matter because both of them she cared about.

I didn't think about that. It would be great if fake Arya is in and Sansa hears about it. I mean, I don't even remember her hearing about it in the books, unless I missed something? But I did like the fact that she heard about Jon. I mean the Stark kids have been separated for so long now, that I think the little moments when they think about each other matter a lot and can add a lot to the show as well.

PS: I like fat Walda too. Seems like she's the only good Frey in the show so far (I mean apart from Roslin, but she's been gone a while). You go girl! And watch out for that crazy stepson of yours!

If [Kevan] goes down the same route as he does in the books, I can't see how his death would be of much impact. I think it would be better if they switch his and Pycelle's deaths around, with Pycelle finding Kevan's body before being shot. I believe having Pycelle be the one dying while learning of Varys master plan would be a better way to go for the unsullied.

I mean, even if he do actually accomplice something this season, like getting the kingdoms back on their feet, I still can't see how we would really care about him as a character that appears just to die a couple of episodes later. It's not exactly like he's Oberyn or Ned.

Oh you're right, it would be nice to have Varys have that conversation in Pycelle instead of Kevan, seeing how they were colleagues for a few seasons. I like that! Gee, you guys should write the scripts!

Also, I want to say that the fact that Kevan isn't charismatic like Ned or Oberyn is exactly the point. This guy was the only person in his family who was laying low and just trying to do things right and efficiently with minimum attention drawn to him (kinda like a more righteous version of Roose in a way.... hmm....) and I mean, to me it means a lot that the guy was killed precisely for being reasonable and low profile, wow! After that, if a guy like that can't do it, you know there's just no hope left for House Lannister.

If there is no Aegon, then no 'reveal' and the audience is going to know already this season that Varys is supporting Dany, then there is no reason for that whole scene in the show, unless I'm missing something.

No, the point of the whole scene is not the Aegon reveal: in the books, we already knew that, and so far there's no convincing proof that Varys is only saying of all that just so that a (living) person can hear him, though I do find that scene a bit strange. Even if that theory proves out to be correct later in the books, it seems to me like it would be way too convoluted for the show anyway.

The way I see it, the point of that scene is to show Varys' colors. I mean it's one thing to supposedly back Dany, but it's another to prepare her(?) arrival by actively sowing chaos in the realm. That scene has Varys turning Littlefinger on us, which I think is a nice twist.

Barristan the Badass is too underused. If it's Tyrion who gets the lines "Over here. Try me" in the pit, I will rage.

I know, on first read, the Meereen chapters only started getting interesting once Barry became narrator. It was great being in the old knight's head. I do hope he gets actual heroic moments in the show this season, it's been a while.

She is badass

She is badass in her actions, but that sort of quotes just make it sound like she's trying too hard. Not just the character either, it also seems like Emilia is trying to hard. I wish the writers quit giving her such lines, I too think it doesn't work well at all.

Aha. Quit messing with Jack, guys :-p

It's Arya, and she's only flirting. But I think that part will be out anyways because

a ) Trant is no pervert like Raff the Sweetling

b ) Arya hasn't had the time to change that much, it would be to out of character, too soon.

I didn't think about that. It would be great if fake Arya is in and Sansa hears about it. I mean, I don't even remember her hearing about it in the books, unless I missed something? But I did like the fact that she heard about Jon. I mean the Stark kids have been separated for so long now, that I think the little moments when they think about each other matter a lot and can add a lot to the show as well.

No, Sansa never hears anything about "Arya's" marriage in the books, at least not so far.

In the books, she assumes Arya is dead. In the show, it seems that she still thinks that Arya is alive, at least in season 3, when Littlefinger told her he had seen Arya (in Harrenhal).

Maybe they have some sort of a Saltpans equivalent in the show and Arya is presumed to be killed? And Sansa may learn that Arya was at the Gate with Sandor but they missed each other.

Archived