Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

2 Things:

Until today I'd been mispronouncing Selyse's name as "Sell-See." Maybe I'd drawn an imaginary parallel between her and Cersei ::Shrug::

And Bran's comment to Luwin in G0T about him and Hodor making a knight together. I don't know if it was foreshadowing for the later times when he warged Hodor, or even more foreshadowing that he could eventually warg Hodor from a long distance and use him in the battle of Ice.

It's pronounced Sell-ees

I've been noticing people pronounce a lot of the name wrong lately, not bashing on anyone at all and I understand English isn't the first-language for a lot of readers, but I don't find many of them that hard, especially not of the 'normal' Westoros. Like people think Damphair is 'dam-phair' and that makes me scratch my head.

It's pronounced Sell-ees

I've been noticing people pronounce a lot of the name wrong lately, not bashing on anyone at all and I understand English isn't the first-language for a lot of readers, but I don't find many of them that hard, especially not of the 'normal' Westoros. Like people think Damphair is 'dam-phair' and that makes me scratch my head.

I know, right? I always read it as Damp-hair. And I always read "Kettleblack" correctly. Which is why I'm double disappointed in myself for my error with Selyse.

Both Clegane brothers are associate with innocent people wrapped in bloody cloaks during an attack on King's Landing. In Gregor's case, he was attacking the city and the bloody cloaks are the result of the violent deaths of innocent people (Elia, Aegon, Rhaenys). In Sandor's case, he was protecting the city and the bloody cloak is a show of protection/affection toward the innocent person (Sansa).

i think sandor wanted to practice puppy making, with the lady whose lady died, died, miss american pie.

is sandor the wild dog it was first implied he was? were those who thought they saw a moral champion beneath the snarl mistaken?

is the 'open secret' (widely known account) of why gregor 'the mountain that rocks' burned his little brother, true?

some affinity between the hound and prince joff, whose idea was it to open up the cat to see the kittens?

joff was a lion, a cat, but canine clegane has an instinctive axe to grind - what if gregor burned sandor as punishment for, or in the process of preventing, some extreme cruel sadistic act being done?

like sandor opening up a pregnant peasant, or putting a litter of kittens in a sack and jumping up and down on it?

who really did what was done to elia and whatever infants were with her? where was the hound, exactly?

was the presentation of the bodies by Ser Gregor Clegane, (mtwbstha), a 'look what he did, again' gesture, too traumatised to vocalize the awful excesses of his valonquar, big bro takes the flak again, even sticking to his story once the viper ran him through............

poor, misunderstood guy, is greg.

i think sandor wanted to practice puppy making, with the lady whose lady died, died, miss american pie.

is sandor the wild dog it was first implied he was? were those who thought they saw a moral champion beneath the snarl mistaken?

is the 'open secret' (widely known account) of why gregor 'the mountain that rocks' burned his little brother, true?

some affinity between the hound and prince joff, whose idea was it to open up the cat to see the kittens?

joff was a lion, a cat, but canine clegane has an instinctive axe to grind - what if gregor burned sandor as punishment for, or in the process of preventing, some extreme cruel sadistic act being done?

like sandor opening up a pregnant peasant, or putting a litter of kittens in a sack and jumping up and down on it?

who really did what was done to elia and whatever infants were with her? where was the hound, exactly?

was the presentation of the bodies by Ser Gregor Clegane, (mtwbstha), a 'look what he did, again' gesture, too traumatised to vocalize the awful excesses of his valonquar, big bro takes the flak again, even sticking to his story once the viper ran him through............

poor, misunderstood guy, is greg.

what is this

I don't even

Archived