Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

Jon Arryn died ranting about the potency of another man's semen. I mean I noticed, I just never really thought about it like that until now.

How many lives could have been saved if the asshole had simply said "Robert: your children are actually the Kingslayer's...check your bastards for proof. Ask Stannis...".

How many lives could have been saved if the asshole had simply said "Robert: your children are actually the Kingslayer's...check your bastards for proof. Ask Stannis...".

While were at it... Quaithe coulda just named the damned perfumed seneschel.

As prince, Daeron the Good proved to be the chief obstacle to the misrule of Aegon IV. I suspect Rhaegar saw his own potential in the same light. Daeron, of course, also wed a Dornish lady. Any other similarities between Daeron and Rhaegar?

[Aegon IV] was grossly fat, barely able to walk, and some wondered how his last mistress--Serenei of Lys, the mother of Shiera Seastar--could ever have withstood his embraces. The king himself died a horrible death, his body so swollen and obese that he could no longer lift himself from his couch, his limbs rotting and crawling with fleshworms. The maesters claimed they had never seen its like, whilst septons declares it a judgment of the gods.

Aegon IV, TWOIAF

Perhaps Serenei couldn't withstand his embraces. And perhaps she used a voodoo similar to MMD's...

"Twisted. I drew him forth myself. He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years."

How come Bloodraven's sisters, Mya and Gwenys, both of whom were also born of Aegon IV and Melissa Blackwood, were not considered to be "Great Bastards?"

The mistress of Aegon IV with whom Terrence Toyne had an affair was Bethany of House Bracken. Myles Toyne would later command the sellsword company founded by Bittersteel, Aegor Rivers born of Aegon IV and Barba Bracken, Bethany's sister.

IKR?

"Daenerys. Aegon Targaryen is a Blackfyre. Be careful of his entourage, the idiot kraken, the dwarf, the guy who got the hots for your brother, the virgin prince from Dorne and X".

I had to look up IKR...

Perhaps Serenei couldn't withstand his embraces. And perhaps she used a voodoo similar to MMD's...

I like the idea. Aegon VI was suspected of poisoning his father, so him being poisoned by his misstress would also be fitting. (btw, i hope that Serenei and Shiera were not simply hot sorceresses, but more of sciency hot ladies with interests in occult or alchemy)

How come Bloodraven's sisters, Mya and Gwenys, both of whom were also born of Aegon IV and Melissa Blackwood, were not considered to be "Great Bastards?"

The mistress of Aegon IV with whom Terrence Toyne had an affair was Bethany of House Bracken. Myles Toyne would later command the sellsword company founded by Bittersteel, Aegor Rivers born of Aegon IV and Barba Bracken, Bethany's sister.

My understanding is that they were Great Bastards who were just previously unknown to us. I think any bastard of Aegon VI and a noblewoman was a Great Bastard.

he legitimized all of his natural children, from the most baseborn to the Great Bastards—the sons and daughters born to him by women of noble birth.

As prince, Daeron the Good proved to be the chief obstacle to the misrule of Aegon IV. I suspect Rhaegar saw his own potential in the same light. Daeron, of course, also wed a Dornish lady. Any other similarities between Daeron and Rhaegar?

Aegon IV, TWOIAF

I think those Great Bastards we previously were told about were just the ones GRRM had ready for us then. Bloodraven's sisters should also count (IIRC, GRRM once described GB as children Aegon had by noble women).

Since the finger for the suspected poisoning of Viserys II was poimted at Aegon IV, would it be reasonable to assume that Aegon did, or was at least behind, both deeds with the cooperation of House Stokeworth?

Possible. Or Aegon acted on his own where Viserys was concerned, before House Stokeworth could.

The Podcast of History of Westeros, Blackfyre part 1 - Aegon the Unworthy, discusses this in some detail.

IKR?

"Daenerys. Aegon Targaryen is a Blackfyre. Be careful of his entourage, the idiot kraken, the dwarf, the guy who got the hots for your brother, the virgin prince from Dorne and X".

Oh yea that would make for an excellent read. Also, maybe she's just telling her all she was given from whatever form of prophecy (glass candles?) she used. Prophecy seems to be vague.

I like the idea. Aegon VI was suspected of poisoning his father, so him being poisoned by his misstress would also be fitting. (btw, i hope that Serenei and Shiera were not simply hot sorceresses, but more of sciency hot ladies with interests in occult or alchemy)

Either way I'm good!

My understanding is that they were Great Bastards who were just previously unknown to us. I think any bastard of Aegon VI and a noblewoman was a Great Bastard.

i guess you're right...

He had legitimized the lot upon his deathbed; not only the Great Bastards like Bloodraven, Bittersteel, and Daemon Blackfyre, whose mothers had been ladies, but even the lesser ones hed fathered on whores and tavern wenches, merchants daughters, mummers maidens, and every pretty peasant girl who chanced to catch his eye.

The Sworn Sword

I really, really want to know what became of Maegor, Aerion's son...

I seem to remember years ago there was a thread for gathering questions to ask Martin at conventions and signings. The idea being to come up with a list of good questions that haven't been answered instead of just having people ask "who is your favorite character" again. Does anyone else remember that or am I just crazy? Anyway maybe we could do something like that again? I think we have a lot of good new questions since the novellas and worldbook came out. I think he might actually answer what became of Maegor, as long as it wasn't a Dunk & Egg spoiler.

I seem to remember years ago there was a thread for gathering questions to ask Martin at conventions and signings. The idea being to come up with a list of good questions that haven't been answered instead of just having people ask "who is your favorite character" again. Does anyone else remember that or am I just crazy? Anyway maybe we could do something like that again? I think we have a lot of good new questions since the novellas and worldbook came out. I think he might actually answer what became of Maegor, as long as it wasn't a Dunk & Egg spoiler.

I can't remember having read anything like that, but I'd be willing to help with this. I find this a good idea...

But it would be usefull if people who get a chance to ask GRRM questions, would then actually ask questions from that thread :)

There are some interesting questions in between that list :) And quite some that have been answered by now.. Too bad it is locked. With the reason being that there was no specific interview to prepare questions for..

We could do such a thread for a convention when GRRM announces he willl attend?

Archived