Reading Ahead...?

Conway317

Book one and season one, are damn near mirror images of each other; minus some of Ned's inner thoughts(which are huge.)

However, it is my personal opinion; that from book two forward, you have to read them all. There are just to many characters, to jump right in to Dance(I'm assuming that is the book you are talking about.) You also have to keep in mind that Feast, occurs during the same time line as Dance. Because of this, I personally feel they are one book.

I just watched all of the Game of Thrones episodes to date and I bought the first book of ASoIaF, but I really want to read the newest book so I can continue the story line. The first book just seemed so much like the first season of GoT that I really want to read fresh material so I can be surprised at what's happening in the storyline.

So, what do you guys think if I just started reading where season 4 left off and which book exactly would that be? Thanks :)

I read the books after season 4 as well, just read them from the beginning it is so worth it.

Dany could feel the heat of him between her thighs. Her heart felt as if it were about to burst. Yes, she thought, yes, now, now, do it, do it, take me, take me, FLY!

Did you understand that?

No? Start from the beginning.

ETA: I swear by the old gods and the new that is a genuine quote.

I'm surprised you feel that way - I started reading after season one of the show, and I was pretty pumped at how much more material the first book had. The differences and extra content only get more pronounced and start piling up the further you go, though, so you should stay the course and keep reading them one by one.

:)

Enjoy!

Archived