Heresy 151

Black Crow

Funny how nobody has made this connection before. Lyanna disappeared about 10 leagues from Harrenhal, and what's right next to Harrenhal? The God's Eye and the Isle of Faces. Why was Lyanna in the Riverlands? If I had to guess, I'd say she had heard exciting tales from the little crannogman and wanted to see the Isle for herself. But then nothing worked out the way she planned...

Now I realize you suggested Rhaegar was there for such a purpose, not Lyanna. Maybe they both were? If they visited the Isle of Faces at least that would explain why nobody saw them for many months, and they would have been cut off from the normal world and possibly unaware that it was falling apart around them. Or they were aware, but not allowed to leave?

True, and I actually do believe she most likely died in childbirth.

The metaphorical meaning, however, does not work, as Ned remembers smelling blood and roses in the room. He mentions this more than once. If the birth was a few days earlier, the room shouldn't still smell of blood. Women don't lose that much blood in childbirth.

Yes, to all of this!

Something was in the tower. Something that probably was not a baby or Lyanna, yet very, very valuable. Valuable enough to have your KG protect it while leaving the king and his family vulnerable. And presumably something that can't easily be moved, as otherwise there are many other, better places to hide it.

What if, instead of a person, it was something else? A baby dragon, the Bloodstone, an obsidian candle, faces hanging on the walls... :dunno:

Or, it wasn't precious at all, but something dangerous, or a secret that couldn't be shared. Something happened in that tower, something so terrible that no one must ever know. Maybe Rhaegar and his friends kidnapped CotF and sacrificed them in the tower. Or it's where he takes all his mistresses' malformed dragon children. You know I'm joking, but it could be something along those lines. Nobody must know what's in the tower. Nobody must know that the stones are bloody.

I'd say secrets are what the Kingsguard are guarding when Ned and the boys ride up on them. Whether secrets were in the tower or further south, or even both; I think the KG wanted to stop Ned from finding out what they were up to, or they knew Ned would be looking for Lyanna and would find out said secrets while doing so. It does make more sense as a chance meeting and the KG at the tower would have time to see Ned and prepare for battle.

I'd say secrets are what the Kingsguard are guarding when Ned and the boys ride up on them. Whether secrets were in the tower or further south, or even both; I think the KG wanted to stop Ned from finding out what they were up to, or they knew Ned would be looking for Lyanna and would find out said secrets while doing so. It does make more sense as a chance meeting and the KG at the tower would have time to see Ned and prepare for battle.

:agree: !

Archived