Beric v. Lady Stoneheart?

I don't know why you don't like Lady Stoneheart then because she's clearly not a zombie.

Close enough. She was dead and now she's kinda not.

I might be a little hasty in my judgement of LS. I don't have much to go off of as of yet. I just don't like the idea of undead characters running around.

Given that Calelyn's rise from the dead was foreshadowed as early as in the first book (a wolf with a fish in its mouth) and that the infamous outline implies that Cat's rise was intended before the books weren't even started...

As far as the outline goes, I've never looked at it and probably never will.

I actually don't recall a wolf with a fish in its mouth from AGoT or any book. I would be interested to know more if you could elaborate.

I see LordStoneheart's avatar is this but I don't recall a link to the text.

^

Arya I, AGOT, talking with Jon about the woman's importance:

“The Lannisters are proud,” Jon observed. “You’d think the royal sigil would be sufficient, but no. He makes his mother’s House equal in honor to the king’s.”

“The woman is important too!” Arya protested.

Jon chuckled. “Perhaps you should do the same thing, little sister. Wed Tully to Stark in your arms.”

“A wolf with a fish in its mouth?” It made her laugh. “That would look silly. Besides, if a girl can’t fight, why should she have a coat of arms?”

Later, she practically (though not exactly intentionally) engineered her mother's rise, from taking her body out of the river { thus fulfilling the 'wolf with a fish in its mouth' foreshadowing }, to being the cause that Beric gave his "life" to Stoneheart (to fulfill a promise given to Arya on his honour as a knight).

ETA - she had also asked Thoros if he could resurrect her father but got a negative.

^

Arya I, AGOT, talking with Jon about the woman's importance:

“The Lannisters are proud,” Jon observed. “You’d think the royal sigil would be sufficient, but no. He makes his mother’s House equal in honor to the king’s.”

“The woman is important too!” Arya protested.

Jon chuckled. “Perhaps you should do the same thing, little sister. Wed Tully to Stark in your arms.”

“A wolf with a fish in its mouth?” It made her laugh. “That would look silly. Besides, if a girl can’t fight, why should she have a coat of arms?”

Later, she practically (though not exactly intentionally) engineered her mother's rise, from taking her body out of the river { thus fulfilling the 'wolf with a fish in its mouth' foreshadowing }, to being the cause that Beric gave his "life" to Stoneheart (to fulfill a promise given to Arya on his honour as a knight).

ETA - she had also asked Thoros if he could resurrect her father but got a negative.

I'll confess, this completely washed over my head. I never picked up on those things.

Thanks. That's pretty badass.

Archived