ISIS in Islam

Salafi Stannis

Ok, some of those are questionable to say the least. But in any case, the governments are irrelevant, it's the scholars I was discussing. None of the people properly learned in Islam who is firmly upon the Sunnah supports terrorism.

I recommend you read this

http://abdurrahman.org/jihad/religionofterror.html

Ok, some of those are questionable to say the least. But in any case, the governments are irrelevant, it's the scholars I was discussing. None of the people properly learned in Islam who is firmly upon the Sunnah supports terrorism.

I recommend you read this

http://abdurrahman.org/jihad/religionofterror.html

You realize you are changing you question when you don't like my answer

You realize you are changing you question when you don't like my answer

Not really. My original point was about the scholars refuting terrorists, then you, for some reason, said that I proved that Muslim governments support terrorists they fund, which I didn't, as I was talking about scholars, so I was curious and asked you which ones do, and you answered, and I continued on my original point about the scholars, because that was the main original point I was discussing, your tangent on government funded terrorism came out of nowhere.

I did not bring up the goverments

In post 38, I spoke about how a Muslim scholar said that terrorists aren't Muslims, then you said the following

Again you have proven the goverments are against the one terror organization they dont fund. What about the rest of them?

Which was completely random and out of nowhere, because I did not prove what you said I did, I wasn't even talking about it. What makes the post even stranger is that Abdul Aziz bin Baz, the scholar I was talking about, was the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, a country which does not find terrorists.

Not really. My original point was about the scholars refuting terrorists, then you, for some reason, said that I proved that Muslim governments support terrorists they fund, which I didn't, as I was talking about scholars, so I was curious and asked you which ones do, and you answered, and I continued on my original point about the scholars, because that was the main original point I was discussing, your tangent on government funded terrorism came out of nowhere.

You back tracking on goverments aside how about Dr. Zakir Naik?

I have denounced them, the scholars have denounced them, my mosque has denounced them, another mosque I go to produces leaflets denouncing them, most of the Muslims I know have denounced them, most Muslim governments around the world have denounced them.

Do you not see my point?

In post 38, I spoke about how a Muslim scholar said that terrorists aren't Muslims, then you said the following

Which was completely random and out of nowhere, because I did not prove what you said I did, I wasn't even talking about it. What makes the post even stranger is that Abdul Aziz bin Baz, the scholar I was talking about, was the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, a country which does not find terrorists.

You back tracking on goverments hoe about Dr. Zakir Naik?

Firstly, Zakir Naik is the most pathetic excuse for a scholar I've ever seen, actually, probably on par with the likes of Yusuf Estes and Yasir Qadhi. Secondly, I don't know what you're talking about.

Do you not see my point?

Yes, I did say that the governments denounce them, as many of them do, like Saudi Arabia, but you were responding to a post which was talking about scholars, not governments, and you claimed that in that post, I was proving that Muslim governments only oppose terrorist groups they don't fund, which I didn't, especially since I was referencing a scholar from a country which does not fund terrorists.

It's a serious question, if it's so obvious then surely it wouldn't be all that difficult to explain what constitutes an 'extremist'.

It just seems like you expect my definition of an extremist to be different to that of "normal people" because I'm a *whispers* Muslim.

Yes, I did say that the governments denounce them, as many of them do, like Saudi Arabia, but you were responding to a post which was talking about scholars, not governments, and you claimed that in that post, I was proving that Muslim governments only oppose terrorist groups they don't fund, which I didn't, especially since I was referencing a scholar from a country which does not fund terrorists.

Because when you lost the goverment argument you brought up scholars. Whrn I bring you scholars you dismiss them. If you didnt want to discuss and just spew your rhetoric go ahead I wont stop you

It just seems like you expect my definition of an extremist to be different to that of "normal people" because I'm a *whispers* Muslim.

No, I brought this up in the religion thread too and nobody could give me a satisfactory answer. What is the "normal people" definition of an extremist?

edit: maybe it wasn't the religion thread, some thread that had to do with Islamism.

You back tracking on goverments aside how about Dr. Zakir Naik?

Firstly, Zakir Naik is the most pathetic excuse for a scholar I've ever seen, actually, probably on par with the likes of Yusuf Estes and Yasir Qadhi. Secondly, I don't know what you're talking about.

Please don't call Zakir Naik a scholar :rolleyes: ,he is an ignoramus -

http://salaficentre.com/2014/02/mr-zakir-naiks-blatant-lies-and-ignorance/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYvr4r17rQ

Because when you lost the goverment argument you brought up scholars. Whrn I bring you scholars you dismiss them. If you didnt want to discuss and just spew your rhetoric go ahead I wont stop you

What argument? I asked you to list some countries and you did, then I went back to my ORIGINAL point.

Please don't call Zakir Naik a scholar :rolleyes: ,he is an ignoramus -

Me or OFK? Because I agree with you.

Oh god, c'mon, here's what happened.

1. I said Muslim governments oppose ISIS

2. I said a Muslim scholar, Shaykh bin Baz said terrorists aren't Muslims

3. You replied to my SCHOLARS (not my GOVERNMENTS) post saying in that in my scholars post I had proven that Muslim governments only oppose terrorist groups they don't fund.

4. Despite your post being unrelated to mine, I get curious anyway and ask which Muslim governments fund terrorists.

5. You list some

6. I say ok and go back to my original point about scholars

7. You accuse me of changing the subject after losing the argument

8. I point out I'm just going back to the original subject, and that there was no argument, I asked you to list some countries and you did.

9. You claim Zakir Naik is a scholar

10. I point out that he is, as Ancalagon said, an ignoramus.

Archived