Astronomy of Planetos: Fingerprints of the Dawn

LmL

Oh I haven't forgotten about the Mistress idea, not at all. I've been finding a ton of moon goddess drowns and causes a dark tide / flood metaphors all over the place. That's one of the symbolic aspects of the use of mermaid lore - the moon drowning in the sea is seen as a mermaid. Google "Atargatis" and you will see what I am talking about.

All those ideas we had about matriarchy turning to patriarchy have been developing in my mind quote a bit. I'm going to delve into that, for sure. Brashcandy from the Sansa: Pawn to Player thread and blog site asked me to do a Sansa / moon goddess essay when I finish my main moon goddess essay, so I am looking forward to that as well as exploring the idea in general.

EQ, my analysis of the Davos chapter where he chases the shadows and his shadow falls like a sword across the painted table is back on page 16, and includes my interpretation of symbols which seem to be talking about Eldric Shadowchaser as the son of AA. This started because someone suggested that the Bloodstone E was a usurper, and so we should consider paralleled with Robert. Noticing one of his children was EDRIC, close to Elric, I took a look at this chapter and found a lot. This is a draft, I am going to rework this chapter analysis in the near future as its own post. Once I have all the evidence laid out for the initial astronomy scenario, I'm going to start going through chapters, bit by bit, and showing the whole metaphor, because some of them stretch across whole chapters.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/127025-astronomy-of-planetos-fingerprints-of-the-dawn/page-16

Yeah, I read that, great as always. I really read everything on these threads, I stopped commenting a little in the middle of this one because I had bunch of things to do and didn't have much new to say

I like your plan, this is great grand unifying theory, I have been trying to use it to crack other stuff but I think it's polite to wait for you to lay out your whole basic theory and then I can easily hit you with contra-opinions, tie-in if you didn't cover something or just say "that is what I thought" because you are more likely to do more thoroughly anyway :D

When you start chapter analysis give me heads up if you need extra pair of eyes, I think I managed to hold up with Pate POV and this Grassland part ;)

You are the blood of Old Valyria, doubt, no doubt. ;) Yeah if you're interested I always need someone to look at my drafts and make suggestions. I'll hit you up. You've got a sharp eye, no question. Your contributions have been some of the best in the threads.

If you ever look at my astronomy evidence and come to a different conclusion, feel free to do your own write up. I'm kind of doing two things here: uncovering connections and patterns, and then interpreting them. I'm absolutely certain the patterns I'm seeing are valid - but of course drawing conclusions is a whole nother matter. If you or anyone else takes a look at the evidence I / we have gathered and wants to put their own interpretation out, I think that's great and I am all for it. We can only learn more this way.

What did you think of the Davos chapter, particularly the idea of Eldric Shadowchaser being the SON of AA? Do you think that's what it is saying? Or is it that George wanted to show the comet splitting, so he needed two AA stand-ins, Davos and Edric, so they can split. Of course, the comet is kind of the sun's penis, or the sun's sperm, even, so it's already the "offspring" of the sun as it is. How do you interpret that passage?

Archived