Eddard Stark as a king?

Ned only had the vanguard of the army re-read the books.

And Robert's army was 30000 strong at the trident do you think that a van of an army 30000 strong has more than 12000 man?

And 60000 are the complete Westerlands army not the number that was in KL

Ned only had the vanguard of the army re-read the books.

And Robert's army was 30000 strong at the trident do you think that a van of an army 30000 strong has more than 12000 man?

And 60000 are the complete Westerlands army not the number that was in KL

Where does it say he only took the van? do you think he wouldnt even take his own troops which were the majority of the army? plus Ned obviously controls the city if he is able to walk in and find jaime on the IT. Tywin even stated that he feared there armies would come to combat. Why would he fear that if he outnumbered the Stark host?

Because Tywin forces let him in...

And being affraid that a battle ecloud doesn't mean he''s outnumbered just mean he don't want his troops to bleed without motive

If he had all the army with him he wouldn't get there as fast as he did

Tywin marched from casterly rock. It took him time to get there as well so Ned being close behind tywin means ned could have also moved a lot of troops with him, it does not mean he only took the Van which is stated nowhere.

But when Ned leaves the Trident Tywin was already on his way to KL, and Ned wanted to arrive before him

that doesnt mean Ned is stupid. He was under the impression tywin was going to assist Aerys which means he couldn't have only taken the van he would need numbers. Not to mention he was on the kings road which would allow his army to move faster than normal. Marching the army would have been simple, he had one objective get to kings landing the men would move fast too knowing they could sack it not to mention lannisters men still had time to rape, murder and steal all after killing the soldiers in KL before Ned arrived so it wasn't immediately after. and where does it say Ned hoped to get there before Tywin? I thought it was the other way around so that when Tywin arrived there woiuldnt be a siege in place by Ned.

And even if Ned had the numbers and managed to arrest Tywin the Westerlands have 48000 more soldiers and Kevan or Tygett would com to KL to rescue them...And there is Gregor Clegane with Tywin wanna see someone trying to arrest that guy

And even if Ned had the numbers and managed to arrest Tywin the Westerlands have 48000 more soldiers and Kevan or Tygett would com to KL to rescue them...And there is Gregor Clegane with Tywin wanna see someone trying to arrest that guy

those other troops werent assembled yet. Do you honestly think Kevan could take down, Ned, Robert and Jon Arryn by himself? and Robert could probably defeat gregor.

The Stormlands had no army left, the riverlands and Vale lost a lot of men too and the North is far away so yes i believe it..And yes i doubt Robert could beat Gregor has i don't think as he's as good as people here paint him..But that's another story and i won't discuss it here

The Stormlands had no army left, the riverlands and Vale lost a lot of men too and the North is far away so yes i believe it..And yes i doubt Robert could beat Gregor has i don't think as he's as good as people here paint him..But that's another story and i won't discuss it here

Robert was one of the best fighter alive at the time, end of story. They still had troops and would have had Tywin and Jaime as hostages. add in Dorne's likely alliance and the reach likely joining through a marriage between Rob and Marg the Westerlands would still be outnumbered. and then there were the forces left over from the loyalist side who would likely join for a pardon. Kevan Lannister could not defeat the rest of Westeros.

Robert was the best fighter alive at the time, end of story. They still had troops and would have had Tywin and Jaime as hostages. add in Dorne's likely alliance and the reach likely joining through a marriage between Rob and Marg the Westerlands would still be outnumbered. and then there were the forces left over from the loyalist side who would likely join for a pardon. Kevan Lannister could not defeat the rest of Westeros.

Dayne was better than him and Selmy too and probably even Jaime end of story. They less than 35000..Tywin had 12000 with him and is highly improbable that they get to him..Margaery would never marry Robb if there is Viserys on the line and Doran wouldn't enter that war..The Lannisters have money to pay sellswords and the loyalist wold never join the rebels..And i even doubt that Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully would start a new war against Tywin Lannister just because Ned say so

Nedis no God wake up

Robert was one of the best fighter alive at the time, end of story. They still had troops and would have had Tywin and Jaime as hostages. add in Dorne's likely alliance and the reach likely joining through a marriage between Rob and Marg the Westerlands would still be outnumbered. and then there were the forces left over from the loyalist side who would likely join for a pardon. Kevan Lannister could not defeat the rest of Westeros.

I am not buying a Margery and Robb arranged marriage, more likely there would be a Daenerys and Robb arranged marriage to legitimize the Stark's rule and to bring in the Targaryen loyalist.

But I agree that Tywin could never hope to stand against almost the entire of the 7 Kingdoms, plus he is not that dumb.

The Starks would need the Westerlands and would not push the issue with Tywin. They would placate him, Ned would dismiss Jaime from the King's Guard and give Tywin the choices of marriage for his kids. I think Cersie ends up married to Edmure and Margery would marry Jaime.

They need Tywin's gold and would not want to force a war with he Westerlands

I am not buying a Margery and Robb arranged marriage, more likely there

would be a Daenerys and Robb arranged marriage to legitimize the Stark's

rule and to bring in the Targaryen loyalist.

But I agree that Tywin could never hope to stand against almost the

entire of the 7 Kingdoms, plus he is not that dumb.

The Starks would need the Westerlands and would not push the issue with

Tywin. They would placate him, Ned would dismiss Jaime from the King's

Guard and give Tywin the choices of marriage for his kids. I think

Cersie ends up married to Edmure and Margery would marry Jaime.

They need Tywin's gold and would not want to force a war with he

Westerlands

That is a valid argument not what Lyanna has been saying Ned would crazy to declare a war to Tywin at that time

Ned would've had the North and Riverlands solidly behind him, and the Vale against anyone but Robert. Dorne would at the very least stay neutral, and possibly be an ally against the Westerlands, and anyone loyal to the Targaryens couldn't ally with the Westerlands. The Reach would ally with whichever side they think is going to win or offers more power.

In the end I think it might hinge on whether Robert is still friendly if Ned takes the throne.

I think if Ned were to become the king he wouldn't have claimed the Iron throne. He would move the capital to some where in the North, either Winterfell or Whiteharbor. Someplace more secure for himself. I think if he were smart he would destroy the Iron throne and all of Maegor's keep as well as the Tower of the hand.

He would end the kings guard but offer to take all of the current members into his service, remember the whole concept of knights are a southron tradition based on the faith of the seven. The question is what he would do with Jaime, send him to the wall or release him from his vow's to appease Tywin. I think maybe Ned could be convinced by Jon Arryn to just exile Jaime to the free cities, where he could make his living with a sell sword company and to be honest I think Jaime would jump at the opportunity to run away with Cersei and spend the rest of his days fighting and f***ing. This would work best for Ned because then Tywin is left with only Tyrion as his heir unless he can win Jaime a pardon.

Gregor and Lorch are executed because Tywin uses them as scape goats when Ned starts asking why children have been murdered. Kings landing and what remains of the the Red Keep are given to Stannis and he is made lord of the what were once the crownlands with Dragon Stone likely going to the Vale for Jon's support. Ned/Jon make matches for Robert, Edmure, Stannis, and Renly with the Tyrells, Martels, Lannisters, and Hightowers to secure their lands and influence.

Danny and Viserys are captured and Ned keeps them. When Viserys is of an age he is sent to the wall and Danny is wed to Robb.

Other random stuff: The seat of the seven returns to Oldtown. Varys is exiled. Littlefinger isn't appointed to master of coin, that goes to Manderly. I doubt Littlefinger is ever even seen in the new capital. Jon is named hand and remains at Kings landing with Stannis and Robert to oversee the construction of a new keep and establish a military presence for the first few years of his rule. The Old Gods rise in influence throughout the Riverlands and Vale. Maybe in the Stormlands as well.

Best case, I think Ned keeps the Seven kingdoms together for his lifetime and they fracture apart during Robb's reign.

I think if Ned were to become the king he wouldn't have claimed the Iron throne. He would move the capital to some where in the North, either Winterfell or Whiteharbor. Someplace more secure for himself. I think if he were smart he would destroy the Iron throne and all of Maegor's keep as well as the Tower of the hand.

He would end the kings guard but offer to take all of the current members into his service, remember the whole concept of knights are a southron tradition based on the faith of the seven. The question is what he would do with Jaime, send him to the wall or release him from his vow's to appease Tywin. I think maybe Ned could be convinced by Jon Arryn to just exile Jaime to the free cities, where he could make his living with a sell sword company and to be honest I think Jaime would jump at the opportunity to run away with Cersei and spend the rest of his days fighting and f***ing. This would work best for Ned because then Tywin is left with only Tyrion as his heir unless he can win Jaime a pardon.

Gregor and Lorch are executed because Tywin uses them as scape goats when Ned starts asking why children have been murdered. Kings landing and what remains of the the Red Keep are given to Stannis and he is made lord of the what were once the crownlands with Dragon Stone likely going to the Vale for Jon's support. Ned/Jon make matches for Robert, Edmure, Stannis, and Renly with the Tyrells, Martels, Lannisters, and Hightowers to secure their lands and influence.

Danny and Viserys are captured and Ned keeps them. When Viserys is of an age he is sent to the wall and Danny is wed to Robb.

Other random stuff: The seat of the seven returns to Oldtown. Varys is exiled. Littlefinger isn't appointed to master of coin, that goes to Manderly. I doubt Littlefinger is ever even seen in the new capital. Jon is named hand and remains at Kings landing with Stannis and Robert to oversee the construction of a new keep and establish a military presence for the first few years of his rule. The Old Gods rise in influence throughout the Riverlands and Vale. Maybe in the Stormlands as well.

Best case, I think Ned keeps the Seven kingdoms together for his lifetime and they fracture apart during Robb's reign.

Ned could never move the capital to the North he would lose the control of the kingdom, and how could the Old gods rise in influence in the Andal kingdoms?

How would Dany and Viserys be captured? Ned isn't superman

I like the idea of contemplating Ned as King. But this was never happening, Robert was the clear cut leader of the rebellion and was the only one with any semblance of a claim to the throne (his grandmother was a Targ). Ned would have had zero support if he tried claiming the throne when he got to KL and Robert and Jon Arryn would have been like wtf???

Archived