Best Crackpot theories

Evidence where?

Similarities between Cersei and Aerys.

Joanna appearing in Jaime's dream basically telling him he and Cersei aren't Tywins kids.

Genna lannister- Tyrion is Tywin's son.

The coin metaphor, madness and greatness, Cersei and Jaime (although this isn't really evidence).

Rhaella and Aerys were siblings. One mad, one sane. They had three children, one half mad, two sane.

Cersei and Jaime were siblings. One mad, one sane. They had three children, one half mad, two sane.

The incest. (If that's inherited, which it probably isn't)

The fact there is like a 8 year gap between Jaime/Cersei and Tyrion. Might hint that Tywins sperm isn't the best, and he could only sire a twisted dwarf.

It would also be fitting all well. Tywin wanted everything for his kids, and the two he focused on weren't actually his. And Tyrion was but he refused to acknowledge this and therefore deprived his only child what he wanted for his children.

And maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Tywin was the best looking man in westeros. Cersei and Jaime are said to be stunning, Joanna and Aerys were said to be stunning as well. Before he went mad.

Similarities between Cersei and Aerys.

Joanna appearing in Jaime's dream basically telling him he and Cersei aren't Tywins kids.

Genna lannister- Tyrion is Tywin's son.

The coin metaphor, madness and greatness, Cersei and Jaime (although this isn't really evidence).

Rhaella and Aerys were siblings. One mad, one sane. They had three children, one half mad, two sane.

Cersei and Jaime were siblings. One mad, one sane. They had three children, one half mad, two sane.

The incest. (If that's inherited, which it probably isn't)

The fact there is like a 8 year gap between Jaime/Cersei and Tyrion. Might hint that Tywins sperm isn't the best, and he could only sire a twisted dwarf.

It would also be fitting all well. Tywin wanted everything for his kids, and the two he focused on weren't actually his. And Tyrion was but he refused to acknowledge this and therefore deprived his only child what he wanted for his children.

And maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Tywin was the best looking man on this earth. Cersei and Jaime are said to be stunning, Joanna and Aerys were said to be stunning as well. Before he went mad.

Regarding Rhaella and Aerys children, who were sane, and who were mad?

Regarding Rhaella and Aerys children, who were sane, and who were mad?

Viserys was half mad, Rhaegar and Daenerys were sane. And I'm not getting into this "rhaegar and Daenerys are mad" bullshit.

All accounts show Rhaegar as a decent guy, the only thing that could disprove that is an incident we know nothing about. And before you say dany is mad I suggest you look up what madness is, difference between being cruel and being mad.

In all seriousness though I quite like the MR=RT theory, A red priest could have used a glamour to swap Rhaegar around with someone else at The Trident, hence Mel's saving Mance with the glamour. Plus it ties in quite well with Mance's harp skills and great interest in Jon (R+L=J)

Viserys was half mad, Rhaegar and Daenerys were sane. And I'm not getting into this "rhaegar and Daenerys are mad" bullshit.

All accounts show Rhaegar as a decent guy, the only thing that could disprove that is an incident we know nothing about. And before you say dany is mad I suggest you look up what madness is, difference between being cruel and being mad.

Ohh, I do think that Thaegar were sane, in fact I believe he deeply loved Elia. And I do think Daenerys is sane and not even cruel. And Viserys were "half mad" because fo his "Targaryen curse". I asked that because in this foruns you never know.

Ohh, I do think that Thaegar were sane, in fact I believe he deeply loved Elia. And I do think Daenerys is sane and not even cruel. And Viserys were "half mad" because fo his "Targaryen curse". I asked that because in this foruns you never know.

Oh, okay. I feel bad now. I thought you were suggesting they were mad.

Oh, then I agree with you. That does sound ridiculous.

The basics of such idea is that Jaime and Cercei are externally the Lanninster archetype. Both have bright green eyes and golden hair and everything on the surface to remember Tywin of Joanna Lanninster. Tywin never scratched that surface to see what lies behind. Deep inside, both are closer to Aerys than to Tywin or Joanna. Tyrion, on the other hand, has nothing of the Lannisters on the surface but inside appears to be entirely Lannister. Our children are also those who we choose to love. Tywin loved Cercei and Jaime because they represented, in their positive aspects, everything he loved in Joanna Lanninster. But what he sees in these children is just the surface. Inside, they are Targaryen, they are true Aerys' children. Tyrion, on the other hand, has nothing on the surface that reminds Joanna Lannister, but he's got it all in the determination and intelligence. I believe GRRM plays with our expectations when we see the intelligence and political skill of Tyrion as traces of Tywin, because we rarely consider the possibility that he had inherited these characteristics from his mother. Note that Tyrion is not a Joeffrey, he is not evil, he does not practice cruel acts by taste or pleasure, but because he knows the effect such gestures can have. Tywin was forced to accept Tyrion as a child, because revealing him as a bastard would be demeaning in the eyes of the others Westeros' Lords and could also end up revealing the dubious background of Jaime and Cercei - refusing one could imply having to refusing them all. Tywin spend all his time trying to shape Jaime and Cercei to what he believed was the true nature of a Lannister, suppressing every Aerys trait, while he spends almost all his interactions with Tyrion trying to suppress or ignore all the Lannisters traces of his young child, because all he can see in Tyrion is Aerys and Joanna's treason.

The basics of such idea is that Jaime and Cercei are externally the Lanninster archetype.

I don't recommend you to start it there. It will be a big holywar. I've tried this with HR=HS. No matter how much argumentation you will have, they will just ask more and more. At some point you will just recieve arguments against A+J=J+C, that would disprove that Stark children are Stark children just as easy as they disprove A+J=J+C.

I don't recommend you to start it there. It will be a big holywar. I've tried this with HR=HS. No matter how much argumentation you will have, they will just ask more and more. At some point you will just recieve arguments against A+J=J+C, that would disprove that Stark children are Stark children just as easy as they disprove A+J=J+C.

I know, but the biggest argument against the theory that A + J = C + J + T, is that it would be impossible to Tywin to accept the children. But you can make the case that he could accept Cercei and Jaime because they superficially reminded him of his Lannister ideal and that's what everyone usually see, while Tyrion Lannister would always be a reminder of Aerys and Joanna affair.

Archived