Will Sansa be Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken ?

Yep, because a female character's role is not her own storyline, but how she can be used to help the male character's storyline progress.

Are you kidding me with that bullshit?

And what would her bestie LF have done if she said no? Said "All right Sansa I brought you all this way under false pretenses but since you're not on board with it, let's go back to the Vale and I'll give you a feast of lemon cakes to make up for this. My bad, I thought you would've gone for this plan." ?

Doubt it.

You're an idiot, she had ALL the power in the Vale, and he can NOT chance just forcing her to go somewhere. He HAS to be on her side for his plan to work.

Are you saying marital rape doesn't exist?

No, I'm saying that Sansa expected sex would be involved in this event, and she never refused Ramsey. That's pretty clear and not rape. If your definition of rape is unwanted sexual intercourse, then yes, it was rape. Yet, that is pretty ambiguous when the victim is playing along.

Dude, it was a rape scene. Please understand what rape entails.

So you're not one of the people complaining, then? (Note: I hate to include the Dorne portion of your quote because I hated it in the books and it's a snoozefest so far in the show.)

Pretty sure I'm among the minority that gets it.

The only people on this thread who have mentioned her virginity are you two, just so you know. And, honestly like Roose Bolton said, her virginity doesn't matter in what is happening/the marriage. Ramsey would have married her if she was a whore, like he literally did with Jeyne. The issue is the rape. Full stop. And the fact that the set up is poorly written. No one who watches GoT expects it to be rape free. The issue is that usually the rapes were meant to further the plot, explore character dynamics/relationships, or to express something about the world of Westeros. This rape scene makes no sense. Sansa is supposed to have all the Vale lords behind her, and instead she ends up in Winterfell getting raped. It's a massive plot hole.

Actually, not true about the mention of virginity thing. I won't point out specific posts, but I suggest you reread the thread in it's entirety. As for Sansa's incident not making sense. Why? Just because the show has departed from the books doesn't mean the writers are engaged in poor writing. Littlefinger has all the lords of the vale behind him, maybe, but not Sansa. For all we know, Sansa might have an undesired sex scene with Henry the Heir, or Littlefinger, in the upcoming books, and show Ramsey is just fulfilling that part of the overall story. Would it be OK if this came from GRRM himself, and therefor, be deemed to successfully move the plot forward? Would there be public outcry that Ramsey is getting the Henry treatment as an alleged rapist? Doubtful.

Are you kidding me with that bullshit?

You're an idiot, she had ALL the power in the Vale, and he can NOT chance just forcing her to go somewhere. He HAS to be on her side for his plan to work.

Yes I'm an idiot. I forgot Sansa can conveniently command the Vale forces and that LF is at her mercy even though it seems the complete opposite.

Oh and just so we know what the scene was really about, Cogman on the episode :

"Cogman added that the scene is also “an important turning point” for Sansa. “She’s seen Theon and hated him and thinks he killed her brothers and betrayed them but she’s very conflicted by what she’s seeing there,” he said. "

So yeah, it's all about poor misunderstood Theon.

WHY DOES IT FUCKING MATTER WHAT SANSA THINKS OF THEON, SHE'S NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE FUCKING NORTH!

God, talk about misunderstanding both characters' story lines.

One of the worst things about this is that Sansa is once again occupying the role she's been in for the last four season. Victim. Since her arrival in Winterfell, she hasn't utilized anything that she's learned. All she's learned has been wiped away so that the show can have her play victim again.

She is utilizing what she has RIGHT NOW with Ramsay! That was the entire plan Littlefinger set in motion, and SHE was DOWN for it. In the episode "Blackwater" Cersei even told her she needs to learn how to use sex appeal.

Yes I'm an idiot. I forgot Sansa can conveniently command the Vale forces and that LF is at her mercy even though it seems the complete opposite.

You are an idiot, for letting anger blind other moments in the series. Mainly the one where she fucking saved Littlefingers life.

So let me understand: if I agree to watch an episode, knowing full well that it may contain rape, and it does include rape, I have no right to dislike it and hate on it because I "asked for it?"

Sansa knew she'd be marrying Ramsay. She never knew he'd rape her and make Theon watch. She didn't know he was crazy.

Like I said. That bastards dad destroyed the rest of her family... how could his son not have been any worse? And how could she have expected him to be this dashing knight all cordial and polite? There was only one Bolton like that, and I'm not even sure he exists in the show world

You are an idiot, for letting anger blind other moments in the series. Mainly the one where she fucking saved Littlefingers life.

And LF is going to suddenly be so indebted to her that he won't use her as a pawn in a dangerous scheme?

[MOD]

Firstly, discussion of what does or does not constitute rape is not for this part of the forum. In other parts of the forum, I note that this forum has been round and round on that issue for years and further discussion is not necessary at either this time or in this particular thread.

Secondly, this is a general reminder that comments directed at posters - as opposed to a poster's argument - are against the rules of this forum.

Finally, the thread has gone on long enough. Please do not start another.

[/MOD]

Archived