Characters the Others have killed

Thanks, yeah wights and WW. I saw someone postulate that they may only go after folks not associated with the Old Gods.

Couldn't find anything that really identified whether the prologue characters were 7 vs Old Gods, but haven't looked really yet. Will the poacher was caught in Mallister lands and Waymar was from house Royce. But then again wights went after Jeor which kind of cuts the legs out there, unless something else was afoot.

Actually, it seems like more characters have been killed by infected wounds than by the White Walkers themselves. Off the top of my head I can think of Vargo Hoat, Khal Drogo and Ralf Kenning, though all of those were killed off by other things before the infections could finish them. But surely there are others around the books who've died of wounds gone bad?

Also, random accidents might be a more severe cause of death than the Others, at least among named characters. Luthor Tyrell rode off a cliff, for a start, and I believe there are tales of other characters dying from carelessness or just poor luck.

Kind of makes me wonder if the Others really are the big, looming threat they're claimed to be. It seems the conflict around the Iron Throne daily jacks up a substantially higher body count than the Others have caused since the start of their emergence.

Archived