So, what do you think will "break the internet"?

No Ygrittes

FTW followed by Sam discovering Jon's true parentage.

Well, that would get one theory off of our plate and out of the way.

But it's not internet breaking material in my eyes. And if it happened, why would Sam discovering Jon's parentage follow such a huge scene that would most likely be a cliffhanger?

What I'm more curious about is that Episode 9 is usually the one where something utterly horrible/spectacular happens. Red Wedding, Ygritte/The Wall, Blackwater and Neddy chop chop.. Would they deviate from that this episode? 9 usually wtf's people, 10 usually gives people some hope/closure, plus a hint towards next season.

The way it should be then is FTW will happen to some extent in episode 9, someone or something interferes and in episode 10 it's going to be a big wtf shock twist for unsullied and bookreaders alike.

But yeah, they probably won't honour the tradition and give us FTW..

Would be kinda awesome if Brienne and Pod get to meet mother merciless though :).

What I'm more curious about is that Episode 9 is usually the one where something utterly horrible/spectacular happens. Red Wedding, Ygritte/The Wall, Blackwater and Neddy chop chop.. Would they deviate from that this episode? 9 usually wtf's people, 10 usually gives people some hope/closure, plus a hint towards next season.

episode 9 will have something spectacular since it's the episode with daznak's pit, dany gets betrayed, dragons will be freed and roast people and dany will most likely episode. it just seems all the remaining episodes will have a huge event (hardhome, daznak's pit, walk of shame) so it gets a bit muddled though it's not really a huge deviation from the formula

episode 9 will have something spectacular since it's the episode with daznak's pit, dany gets betrayed, dragons will be freed and roast people and dany will most likely episode. it just seems all the remaining episodes will have a huge event (hardhome, daznak's pit, walk of shame) so it gets a bit muddled though it's not really a huge deviation from the formula

Yeah but episode 9 usually had the big WTF moment for the season, that was strength of Game of Thrones in my eyes, it's spectacular shocker wasn't in the last second of the episode, it was thoroughly spread, with an impending darkness at episode 9, and some sort of clarification and a little light in episode 10..

I mean lets be honest, I'd be pretty sad if Jon would die, mostly because it would make the wall redundant for me in terms of characters, but I wouldn't feel as disgusted as I felt with Oberyn's wtf moment, and of course ''The lannisters send their regards''...

I'm really hoping for an extra thing here, but haha, maybe that's the fate of not being an unsullied haha.

Oh yeah I get what you mean, I was thinking from the point of view of the unsullied, Dany/dragons combo would be pretty big for them. Talking about hoping for an extra thing.. Mereen getting torched to ground is something I'm hoping for as the big shocker, making Dany go all Mad Queen and head for Westeros in next season :drool:

Any chance that Varys will show up in Dorne and crossbow Doran instead of Kevin? Or maybe crossbow Myrcella!? Either of those would really shake Westeros up. He could then reveal a possible marriage pact between Trystane & Danaerys? If he kills Doran then Jaime is nicely placed to take the blame if needed.

Any chance that Varys will show up in Dorne and crossbow Doran instead of Kevin? Or maybe crossbow Myrcella!? Either of those would really shake Westeros up. He could then reveal a possible marriage pact between Trystane & Danaerys? If he kills Doran then Jaime is nicely placed to take the blame if needed.

I'd see it more possible for him to murder Jaime or Trystane, causing an all-out war between the Martells and Lannisters, setting the mood right for Dany/Aegon to show up and take over easily.

the daznak will be pretty shocking and an epic moment in the episode 9 .....we will have jorah fighting in the pits ... dany and others getting surrounded by the sons of harpy and the show watchers think she is going to die and then Drogon appears ...dany tames him and flies which will be one of the epic moment of the series itself and for HBO

How about this?

Jon getting stabbed isn't a big surprise for book readers but it is for show readers

But then to catch the book readers by surprise, the camera does a close-up of Jon's face as blood pours out his mouth and his eyes turn blue

the daznak will be pretty shocking and an epic moment in the episode 9 .....we will have jorah fighting in the pits ... dany and others getting surrounded by the sons of harpy and the show watchers think she is going to die and then Drogon appears ...dany tames him and flies which will be one of the epic moment of the series itself and for HBO

I'm not seeing the shocking (either good or horrible, with the note that it's mostly been horrible) in that to be honest. They have heavily hinted at Drogon making another appearance, and we know that the threat of the harpies is real. They've showed us Jorah in the fighting pits in the trailer. Dany riding off on Jorah has much less staggering effect in the show as it does in the books. People would be like: well thats odd, why the hell did Tyrion have to be there then?

I don't know, but Drogon swooping in to save Dany just doesn't seem very Episode 9ish to me. We have seen clips of SotH getting burned in practice and we've seen the stands full with massacred people.

Now the real shocker would obviously be if a certain character would bite the dust in Meereen, aka tyrion :(.

Yeah but episode 9 usually had the big WTF moment for the season, that was strength of Game of Thrones in my eyes, it's spectacular shocker wasn't in the last second of the episode, it was thoroughly spread, with an impending darkness at episode 9, and some sort of clarification and a little light in episode 10..

I mean lets be honest, I'd be pretty sad if Jon would die, mostly because it would make the wall redundant for me in terms of characters, but I wouldn't feel as disgusted as I felt with Oberyn's wtf moment, and of course ''The lannisters send their regards''...

I'm really hoping for an extra thing here, but haha, maybe that's the fate of not being an unsullied haha.

Season four had quite a lot of shocking moments in the finale though

Tywin dead, Hound dead, Arya sailing away, Stannis at the wall, Tyrion fleeing the country, (And others I just can't remember)

How about this?

Jon getting stabbed isn't a big surprise for book readers but it is for show readers

But then to catch the book readers by surprise, the camera does a close-up of Jon's face as blood pours out his mouth and his eyes turn blue

How can his eyes turn blue if he's not turned by a White Walker? There would literally have to be a white walker present at the watch for that to happen, the show even made it clear with the whole clip of the NK.

I agree that FTW will be surprising and sad, but would it be refreshingly disgusting/horrible as the Red Wedding was like some claim? Not really.

Sometimes I do wonder if being an unsullied would be so much better.

Tywin dead, Hound dead, Arya sailing away, Stannis at the wall, Tyrion fleeing the country, (And others I just can't remember)

A basic instinct, Sharon Stone moment with Sansa and Ramsay. For the Watch. Stannis revived. Dany and the Dothraki II, Varys causing mischief and a surprise appearance. Also, Arya headed back to Westeros towards king's Landing.

Aye, but most of them were satisfying. Episode 9 had the outcome of the battle of the Wall, and killed Ygritte.

I'm not seeing the shocking (either good or horrible, with the note that it's mostly been horrible) in that to be honest. They have heavily hinted at Drogon making another appearance, and we know that the threat of the harpies is real. They've showed us Jorah in the fighting pits in the trailer. Dany riding off on Jorah has much less staggering effect in the show as it does in the books. People would be like: well thats odd, why the hell did Tyrion have to be there then?

I don't know, but Drogon swooping in to save Dany just doesn't seem very Episode 9ish to me. We have seen clips of SotH getting burned in practice and we've seen the stands full with massacred people.

Now the real shocker would obviously be if a certain character would bite the dust in Meereen, aka tyrion :(.

i think you are over estimating the amount of unsullied watchers that have seen those two leaked photos and the video you spoke of taken down immediately it got out ...

all theyknow from the trailer is Sons of harpy will surround the dany and team and they are keeping the drogon's arrival as surprise moment ....

what does tyrion have to do with that scene ...it was about dany ...if you dont enjoy the chapter or that scene dont think everyone does there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed the chapter and will enjoy in the television ..you only need to check the reaction videos

honestly you seriously think tyrion will die

besides BLackwater and Watchers on the wall was not so much about shocking isnt it

i think you are over estimating the amount of unsullied watchers that have seen those two leaked photos and the video you spoke of taken down immediately it got out ...

all theyknow from the trailer is Sons of harpy will surround the dany and team and they are keeping the drogon's arrival as surprise moment ....

honestly you seriously think tyrion will die

besides BLackwater and Watchers on the wall was not so much about shocking isnt it

Well the trailer also showed the massacred stands when they got surrounded.

Blackwater was building up to be shocking as Tyrion got mortally wounded, The Hound went away and Cersei was about to kill Tommen. For The Wall had the death of Ygritte by Olly.

True, they weren't as shocking as Ned and RW, but they claim this will be more shocking then that, so IDK.

I'd see it more possible for him to murder Jaime or Trystane, causing an all-out war between the Martells and Lannisters, setting the mood right for Dany/Aegon to show up and take over easily.

Noooo! Please don't take away my eye-candy. I'm already disappointed that those two actually insist on wearing so much clothing in such a warm country ;)

On a serious note, yeah that could work too. However, Jaime is there on a 'secret' mission so I doubt his death would impact as much as the others. Cersei would be mad but she's mad anyway. If Trystane was killed then Doran wouldn't have anyone to broker a marriage pact with Dany.

Noooo! Please don't take away my eye-candy. I'm already disappointed that those two actually insist on wearing so much clothing in such a warm country ;)

On a serious note, yeah that could work too. However, Jaime is there on a 'secret' mission so I doubt his death would impact as much as the others. Cersei would be mad but she's mad anyway. If Trystane was killed then Doran wouldn't have anyone to broker a marriage pact with Dany.

Isn't Quentyn alive in the TV-show, and unheard of? Jaime being there on a secret mission has been screwed up already since they caught him.

Archived