So, what do you think will "break the internet"?

No Ygrittes

As much as I loved the scene in the books, I think it would be a lousy ending to a lousy season. Yes, it's exciting. But we need something big to get us to come back for more. I assume viewership is going to drop dramatically next season (it already has this year), unless the show really picks it up. I also like the Fire/Ice pattern for season endings, but I'd prefer that they break it in exchange for a more climactic ending. Some sort of cliffhanger/big reveal could salvage the season.

Of things that actually happen in the books so far, the only thing that could really fit that description would be a LSH reveal. It'll give the fandom a reason to pump their collective fist with a shot at some stark vengeance finally. Also it would be a good way of reeling the Jaime/Brienne storylines back to where they belong for next season maybe. Given the name of the episode is almost an exact moniker of hers, I'd say this is possible.

Jon dying/being ressurected/being gravely injured and warging Ghost would be cool and all, and this is the story line I'm most anxious to see develop in TWOW, but I dont see it being a very exciting/redeeming ending to get viewers anxious for next season. Unless they are able to pair it with a reveal as you say. I suppose if they revealed R+L=J somehow it would be huge for the less attentative watchers. They could maybe have some sort of vision or sequence of visions from Jon's point of view as he either dies or is in limbo. As he struggles to understand his warging ghost maybe he interacts with Bran/BR somehow? Of course none of this really lines up with D&D's comments unless they meant a scene from the books not yet released.

ETA: The fanbase would probably go crazy if immediately following Dany (Drogon, Dothraki, Quaithe visions, fire & blood) we see Jon in critical condition having visions of his own showing his heritage and maybe even the coming threat in the form of Dany and co

I think there are several big moments happening in the finale that will all be break worthy, each of them in each of the plots centered around Each location.

Meereen- the riding drogon scene is definitely happening in episode 9 based on the title. Since episode 10 will be so packed they probably only show Dany meeting the dothraki with drogon. Maybe Tyrion/Jorah rule meereen in her absence like how ser barristan does. I think whatever happens in the pit will get Jorah his redemption, closing out that arc.

Braavos- Arya killing Meryn trant and going blind

The wall- definitely "for the watch" I just can't imagine them leaving this until next season. Especially with all the Olly scenes and now even Wun Wun is in the show. Sam- in episode 9 he probably gets the go ahead from Jon to go to oldtown to become a maester and leaves in the finale.

King's landing- walk of shame and possibly a Robert strong reveal. Since they mentioned kevan and pycelle in episode 8. That makes the Varys killing scene more likely although they might save this as the ending for the premiere episode next season.

The north- Sansa killing someone with the corkscrew, otherwise what's the point of showing it in the firstplace? possible escape involving Brienne and Theon while Ramsay is out but it'll be planned by Sansa, hence closing out her darker Sansa arc. I don't think there will be any major battle since we got hard home which is why they're doing the Ramsay raiding party. I think either shereen or Selyse will die as a result although I hope it's not shereen but maybe she'll be a casualty of the Ramsay attack and they'll have the Kings blood they need.

Dorne- this is the one that's most up in the air for me. I think doran will reveal his endgame to Ellaria and get her and the sand snakes on his side like he did with arianne. Maybe trystane = aegon. He'll disperse the sand snakes like in the books: nym to the small council, tyene to the sparrows, Obara somewhere else. Not sure about bronn or Jaime or what's happening with Myrcella.

Extras- the big extras could be LSH or Benjen stark return rumors.

If they do "FTW", I dont think they will leave Jon's fate in limbo - people would go nuts and the moment he was spotted everyone would go apeshit and find out. It would spread like wildfire. The anticipation will drive people mad. I really just dont see the show leaving it as a cliffhanger.

If they do "FTW", I dont think they will leave Jon's fate in limbo - people would go nuts and the moment he was spotted everyone would go apeshit and find out. It would spread like wildfire. The anticipation will drive people mad. I really just dont see the show leaving it as a cliffhanger.

I read all the books after watching the first 4 seasons so I've experienced watching GOT as both a show only and a book reader. I feel like as a show only watcher I could totally believe that they killed Jon, after killing Ned, Cat, and Robb, why not Jon? But as a book reader, I feel like there's too many unanswered questions to make his death final, especially dealing with his parentage. So I wouldn't really believe his death on the show. Especially after all those Brienne almost dead chapters, GRRM likes to do this a lot. Since I feel like D&D cater more to the show only audience, this cliffhanger and anticipation is exactly what they want out of their finale. Showing his fate would only serve to answer book readers' questions about what exactly happens after, does he warg into ghost? Does Mel come back and revive him?.... That would be a bigger shocker for book readers since the stabbing is already something we know is going to happen. So I do think they'll leave it as a cliffhanger for the biggest shock value for the show only audience, although I wish they wouldn't.

King's landing- walk of shame and possibly a Robert strong reveal. Since they mentioned kevan and pycelle in episode 8. That makes the Varys killing scene more likely although they might save this as the ending for the premiere episode next season.

Dorne- this is the one that's most up in the air for me. I think doran will reveal his endgame to Ellaria and get her and the sand snakes on his side like he did with arianne. Maybe trystane = aegon. He'll disperse the sand snakes like in the books: nym to the small council, tyene to the sparrows, Obara somewhere else. Not sure about bronn or Jaime or what's happening with Myrcella.

If Varys is in Dorne in episode 9 and Cersei's Walk is in episode 10, I don't think Varys will Kevan and Pycelle in episode 10. They will keep that for next season.

I hope Bronn and Jaime survive.

I must admit anytime there is a "huge shocker no one has guessed it correctly (or, at least, ones that I have read) GOT's has a way of surprising viewers. I'm actually going to guess (probably wrong) people are writing either Stannis will die or Jon will get stabbed maybe by Ollie (or maybe both)

I'm guessing something with The Sand Snakes...I'm wondering if they give Jaime a choice of where he wants to go and, of course, he is going to chose to back to Kings Landing...wrong choice....I think him and his "daughter" will get killed..they bought this family for a reason The Sand Snakes, into this season, and they sucked yes...but they are here to seek revenge for what the Lannisters did to their family..maybe they will kill the daughter in front of Jaime a price he must pay to leave.

The rumor mill is there will only be two more seasons left of GOT's and I hope they are wrong but if so, they need to remove some characters off.

I just hope they decide to bring back Benjen Stark or answer where the heck he is....I hate how they add a TON of characters and forget about others.

If Tommen is to die (ending the arc started at the beginning of the season, with Cersei's flashback), who could kill him? Any guess?

Well Varys is out of the question since we now have confirmation that Kevan is back in KL and will most likely be stabbed by Varys in E10.

There aren't that many candidates to kill Tommen imo. show!Littlefinger could do it, his motivations in the show are strange enough already. Maybe he does it to create more chaos and allow someone else to take the Iron Throne, albeit temporarily (like Stannis or Daenerys). I don't see it happening before season 6 though.

That would definitely break the internet though. Imagine this:

- Varys stabs Kevan.

Fade to black

- Littlefinger stabs Tommen

Fade to black

- Olly stabs Jon

Credits roll.

English is not my native tongue, so, bear with me

1.We haven't seen the BWB, the Tullys(Edmure and Blackfish), Rickon and Balon Greyjoy since season 3, Bran this season was absent.

2.I don't think they'll just pop in there in season 6, with the viewers having no clue about what happened to them in the last 2 years.

3.What the hell has Bran been doing for this season, he couldn't have just been playing poker?, and you can't tell me that lech Walder Frey has been celibate for 24 months?

4. Why the hell would we give 2 shits about Euron Greyjoy the Tarlys and the mixed race warrior (season 6 casting) considering that Dawn War 2 just round the corner, and how the heck are they going to find the screentime for these guys?

But what if?,

Season 6 is going to be more of a Dance with Dragons to this Feast for Crows that is Season 5, a parallel story, as to what these hundreds of characters have been preparing for the last 2 years.

And these parallel stories converge in Season 5 Episode 10?(Sansa and Rickon seizing Winterfell from the Boltons), with an R + L=J revelation in the final episodes of the next season?

I think there could just be so many deaths in a row Ep 10 in different locations that the combination of them all is going to feel crazy.

The Wall - FTW

Winterfell - Someone is gonna get the axe (at the least)

KL - Pycelle/Kevan?

Dorne - something could very well go down. They didn't choose this storyline for nothing (hopefully)

Based on the episode summary for E10, FTW is going to happen ('Jon is challenged').

Daznak's - Tyrion would have been a great replacement for Barristan as the commander if battle of Meereen ever happened, but the show never developed that plot line. I can see him dealing with the sons of the harpy in the finale as Dany is away and is 'surrounded by strangers'(summary).

I don't think FTW would be equivalent to the red wedding in terms of breaking the internet. The unsullied might go crazy, but it's hard not to think that Jon's not going to make it to S6. Also, could 'Jon is challenged' mean that he receives the pink letter?

No clue where the Winterfell plot line will take us. As much as I want to believe that Trystane = Aegon, why would Doran want to 'protect' Trystane and Myrcella (as he mentions to Areo in one of the episodes) if that is case?

My biggest hopes for a cliffhanger rests with what might happen to Jon. If FTW is the last scene of the episode, it would be quite a downer. I'd really like to see the white walkers again after that amazing episode. The NK does see something in Jon. White walkers closing in toward a dead Jon - as the screen fades out would be such a thriller, and would be in line with GRRM's reveal that we will see The lands of Always Winter in TWoW

If Varys is in Dorne in episode 9 and Cersei's Walk is in episode 10, I don't think Varys will Kevan and Pycelle in episode 10. They will keep that for next season.

I hope Bronn and Jaime survive.

I don't see why Varys would be in Dorne in episode 9? He hasn't appeared since the beginning of the season in Volantis so he could be anywhere. But I agree that the kevan and pycelle murder will probably be next season. I think cersei's walk +/- Robert strong will be enough for the kings landing part of the finale. The murder would be too crammed in. And I feel like they might want to get Kevan more screen time before killing him so his death has more significance and I don't think that'll happen in 2 episodes with everything else going on.

Archived