So, what do you think will "break the internet"?

No Ygrittes

People on here keep saying the "red wedding moment" of this season can't be "FTW" when honestly I believe it is indeed. "FTW" and maybe a combination of dany mounting drogon. Think about it most of the people on this forum have had years to speculate and come to their own conclusion about jons last chapter in ADWD; of course it doesn't seem like a big shocker to most of you guys but look at it from show watchers only eyes who figure "okay ned,Robb,and catelyn all were killed there's no way Jon is going to die" also most of the actors haven't read the books and most of them do always overhype things a lot. So of course most of you know Jon isn't dead for good but I think the Sven will come as a big shocker to most unsullied.

People on here keep saying the "red wedding moment" of this season can't be "FTW" when honestly I believe it is indeed. "FTW" and maybe a combination of dany mounting drogon. Think about it most of the people on this forum have had years to speculate and come to their own conclusion about jons last chapter in ADWD; of course it doesn't seem like a big shocker to most of you guys but look at it from show watchers only eyes who figure "okay ned,Robb,and catelyn all were killed there's no way Jon is going to die" also most of the actors haven't read the books and most of them do always overhype things a lot. So of course most of you know Jon isn't dead for good but I think the Sven will come as a big shocker to most unsullied.

Agree, The season will end with Jon getting stabbed and people will riot because to your average TV viewer, Jon was the hero this season, he was elected Lord Commander, he made peace with the wildlings and let them through, he went to Hardhome and fought the White Walkers... He's been doing nothing but good and people will be shocked to see his sworn brothers turn on him.

IMO, LSH is cut.

Jon is such a show favorite with the Unsullied that I think they'd be pretty upset if something happened to him. And on top of that I know when I read his stabbing for the first time, it was a big WTF moment for me. I think this could easily be the thing that "breaks the internet."

But the "For the Watch!" scene wouldn't exactly break in the internet, I mean a fair chunk of the fanbase already knows that'll happen.

And what is the difference between FTW and the Red Wedding? It's exactly the same. The book readers knew, but this episode broke the internet. So it will be the same for Jon, who's a favorite character.

And what is the difference between FTW and the Red Wedding? It's exactly the same. The book readers knew, but this episode broke the internet. So it will be the same for Jon, who's a favorite character.

Such a declaration for a moment that a sizeable number of fans are expecting feels like a bit of a waste.

Besides, I think they might do that scene in episode 9. They always save big moments for the 9th episode.

No, they are actually quite different which is why it is hard to compare RW to anything. RW is an utter massacre. You lose 2 main protagonists, and the pregnant wife of one of those protagonists, and basically the entire Northern army is slaughtered. The "rebellion" ends (at least, it does on an active offensive level).

FTW is nothing like that. It is only Jon. No other main protagonists and certainly no general massacre of the Watch. And the implications of Jon being dead aren't as enormous as the RW was, at least, not on the surface. We may know/think that Jon has a critical part to play in the wars to come, as the show put it. But that's hazy and in the future (though perhaps a little less hazy after the Hardhome battle from what we've seen...).

So, no I don't think they are even slightly comparable.

All that being said - I don't think the actors put as much thought as I just did in comparing them. Hyping the show is practically part of the contract. So FTW may be what they say is as big as the RW - but it isn't. And I don't think Unsullied will see it that way either. It's more akin to Ned's beheading. Also a BFD but not in the same way as the RW.

ETA: I do think combining FTW with some other major traumatic event that hasn't happened in the books could be comparable to the RW though. For instance there is speculation that Stannis dies, and Shireen is burned, but it doesn't work for Stannis - instead Jon's eyes open. I don't actually think this will happen but I do this this much more comparable to the RW. Shireen is like Robb's unborn baby. Stannis dying would have the same massive tidal wave impact on the war as the Northern massacre. But it would be even wilder than the RW because everyone would be like WTF JON?!?

I think there will be a combo of events and a lot of people will be left in the balance, dead or alive cliffhangers till next season. Winterfell, Stannis camp and the Wall. each place will have something. KL too

I think Jon being stabbed will be a HUGE "WTF" moment, especially if it's Olly who does it.

Also, I think the possibility of Sansa killing Myranda is pretty big. I don't think she'd use the corkscrew on Theon, and she certainly cannot physically overpower Ramsay and kill him, but I could definitely see something happen with Myranda. Maybe her bitterness towards Sansa causes her to do something rash and then Sansa defends herself and ultimately stabs Myranda? Now THAT would be crazy because it'd be Sansa's first official kill.

That episode is way too stuffed with big moments. They should have used some of them in different episodes.

I can't imagine Kevan and Pycelle actually being in it. They need way too much time in KL then with Cersei scenes and the other scenes that need to happen to set it up.

Same with FTW. I mean yes, it could happen, but I doubt it.

Same thing last year. Jon wasn't elected and didn't send off Sam etc.

Their current pace and writing makes it seem very unlikely for all those things to happen in 50 minutes. Or 60.

To be honest, I think they'll hold off on Jon's stabbing until the beginning of next season. Then, they wouldn't need to hide that Kit Harrington is coming back next season. Also, the aftermath and chaos of the mutiny could be a huge part of the plot for the 6th season.

The IceBrandon.

And naked Cersei.

After Jon dies and closes his eyes, the IceBrandon may open theirs. That would be an epic final scene.

Jon himself may be the kingsblood sacrifice it needed. Or Stannis/Shireen/Theon etc. may be sacrificed too.

I say that because the game app that is parallel to the show has an episode coming out called "The Ice Dragon."

But generally the Winds of Winter and the next season is where I think we will be introduced to it.

Winter is the name of the ice dragon. The winds of Winter are it's cold gusts of wind.

Winter is Coming.

As other posters have said I think it will most likely be a combination of events. Cersei's walk of shame should be pretty shocking for show watchers. Arya going blind would be another pretty big development especially if thats the last we see of her. A late lady stoneheart introduction would be shocking for show watchers and book readers alike. I didn't think it would be possible but with the name of the episode being released I suppose there is a chance. Maybe after everything is sort of summed up for the season, the camera then pans down frm the sky to reveal previously unknown frey characters walking through the woods and stumbling across BWB/LS? Unlikely but still cool.

D&D have said the first and last scenes were taken from the books. The first scene seemed somewhat out of place. Without TOO much focus on Cersei this season the Maggie prophecy desnt seem to be all that relevant. Maybe since they did lump these two scenes together as being taken directly from the books, we can also assume they are related? Perhaps related in the sense they both involve Cersei? Maybe Cersei being introduced to Robert Strong? Would also be a decent way to start/end the season with the same character and would be pretty darn shocking depending on the type of look we get at unGregor.

Not sure if it was an intended pattern but it seems like every other season has an epic Dany ending. End of season 1 was the scene with baby dragons and Dany unburnt, season 3 had the "Mysha" crowd surfing. Seasons 2 and 4 had more stark/north centered endings with the WWs being sighted and Arya leaving Westeros. The only reason I would suggest a possible pattern is because the epilogue patterns that the book may share as well. The musical theme for Dany is one of the best on the show and is great at wrapping up a season so maybe an epic shot of Dany and Drogon eating half charred horse meat and a huge Khalassar showing up. This would also be in line with D&D saying the last scene will be right out of the books.

Not sure if it was an intended pattern but it seems like every other season has an epic Dany ending. End of season 1 was the scene with baby dragons and Dany unburnt, season 3 had the "Mysha" crowd surfing. Seasons 2 and 4 had more stark/north centered endings with the WWs being sighted and Arya leaving Westeros. The only reason I would suggest a possible pattern is because the epilogue patterns that the book may share as well. The musical theme for Dany is one of the best on the show and is great at wrapping up a season so maybe an epic shot of Dany and Drogon eating half charred horse meat and a huge Khalassar showing up. This would also be in line with D&D saying the last scene will be right out of the books.

As much as I loved the scene in the books, I think it would be a lousy ending to a lousy season. Yes, it's exciting. But we need something big to get us to come back for more. I assume viewership is going to drop dramatically next season (it already has this year), unless the show really picks it up. I also like the Fire/Ice pattern for season endings, but I'd prefer that they break it in exchange for a more climactic ending. Some sort of cliffhanger/big reveal could salvage the season.

If they hold back FTW until next season, it'll be the same reaction as to no LSH last season. As in, people will go nuts and tell it to everybody. You'll see articles about "The Ending That Could've Been" etc.....

I think one of the reasons they definitely wont do LSH now is because everybody, including quite a number of unsullied, knows that happens in the books.

They have to do FTW this season, or not at all.

I'm not seeing the shocking (either good or horrible, with the note that it's mostly been horrible) in that to be honest. They have heavily hinted at Drogon making another appearance, and we know that the threat of the harpies is real. They've showed us Jorah in the fighting pits in the trailer. Dany riding off on Jorah has much less staggering effect in the show as it does in the books. People would be like: well thats odd, why the hell did Tyrion have to be there then?

I don't know, but Drogon swooping in to save Dany just doesn't seem very Episode 9ish to me. We have seen clips of SotH getting burned in practice and we've seen the stands full with massacred people.

Now the real shocker would obviously be if a certain character would bite the dust in Meereen, aka tyrion :(.

Now THAT would break the internet!

Archived