Theories about Robb

I've been wondering, before our dear King in the North met his untimely demise in the Red Wedding, what were some of the fan theories about what he was going to do before you found out he died? Mostly asking book readers who've been here since the beggining, or even show watchers who weren't aware of the groundbreaking event before learning about it through the show or the books.

I think I read people believed he would aid Dany. That whole "it was the Dragons we married" thing

I wish he could have had a shot protecting the North from the Others. I think Robb and Jon working together up in the North/Wall area against the threat of The Others was another theory

To be honest, in hindsight, his story had pretty much run it's course by the time the Red Wedding came around. He died larger than life, the glorious leader of a lost cause. If he had lived, he'd pretty much be in a similar situation like Stannis. Sound and fury signifying nothing and pretty much overstaying his welcome.

To be honest, in hindsight, his story had pretty much run it's course by the time the Red Wedding came around. He died larger than life, the glorious leader of a lost cause. If he had lived, he'd pretty much be in a similar situation like Stannis. Sound and fury signifying nothing and pretty much overstaying his welcome.

I disagree. You could have done a lot with Robb. I know show=/=books, but if the show IS giving some indication on what comes from Stannis in the books then a lot of this "the North is lost and Stannis saves it, well ****, maybe Stannis doesn't save it?" could feel like mid-game filler once we reach the endgame

The most legitimate of the 5 kings in the war of the 5 kings, lasting the longest, especially after losing his battle attempting to sack King's Landing, in hindsight, feels more predictable than Robb dying and not being able to last longer in the story

I think if he would have married a daughter of Lord Frey. His forces could have held the river lands. Greatly helped by the much more amiable Lord Frey. Who's daughter is married to a long after all. He could have retaken the North. Smashing the second Greyjoy rebellion led by his lifelong friend/brother Theon. Could have made a good side story. Maybe not as good as Reek. The problem would be that by the time the fighting was over winter would be upon them. Making it much more difficult to regroup and carry on the war. Sansa would also likely be in the Eyrie by then, which is a whole other scenario.

I think if he would have married a daughter of Lord Frey. His forces could have held the river lands. Greatly helped by the much more amiable Lord Frey. Who's daughter is married to a long after all. He could have retaken the North. Smashing the second Greyjoy rebellion led by his lifelong friend/brother Theon. Could have made a good side story. Maybe not as good as Reek. The problem would be that by the time the fighting was over winter would be upon them. Making it much more difficult to regroup and carry on the war. Sansa would also likely be in the Eyrie by then, which is a whole other scenario.

I think I read people believed he would aid Dany. That whole "it was the Dragons we married" thing

I wish he could have had a shot protecting the North from the Others. I think Robb and Jon working together up in the North/Wall area against the threat of The Others was another theory

Oh yea, Robb is just what the realm needs to fight the others. He's an oath breaker and a mommas boy.

Good riddance to him.

Oh yea, Robb is just what the realm needs to fight the others. He's an oath breaker and a mommas boy.

Good riddance to him.

Arguably the best character in the story is an oath breaker and Robb is not a mommas boy. Betraying her marriage arrangement and locking her up. He isn't a mommas boy at all

I think if he would have married a daughter of Lord Frey. His forces could have held the river lands. Greatly helped by the much more amiable Lord Frey.

They never would have held on to the Riverlands. The Tyrell-Lannister alliance is too strong and the Crown is not going to allow an independent kingdom on its doorstep controlling the important River Road and its trade.

Some Riverlords, including Walder, would have surrendered against those odds. I Northern-Riverland kingdom was feasible when the South was fractured, not after the Blackwater.

They never would have held on to the Riverlands. The Tyrell-Lannister alliance is too strong and the Crown is not going to allow an independent kingdom on its doorstep controlling the important River Road and its trade.

Some Riverlords, including Walder, would have surrendered against those odds. I Northern-Riverland kingdom was feasible when the South was fractured, not after the Blackwater.

One could argue that if he married into the Freys, he could have held out long enough for the Manderlys' and Umbers' to send reinforcements and Sansa managed to escape into the Vale, resulting in the death of Lysa by LF, then she could manipulate SweetRobin into going to war to help her brother. With LF helping out the Starks-Tully-Arryn alliance, they might have had a chance.

But this is just conjecture, Robb had to do the stupid thing and marry some girl he just fucked. Thus, the Starks fall...

I really thought he was the Ice to Dany's Fire and the two of them to meet and parley, ending up married, the union of Ice and Fire, to reunify the 7 Kingdoms, Robb's new Northern Kingdom and the Iron Throne which Dany had taken. Then their combined forces go north, to The Wall and with VS and Dragons, the White Walkers go bye bye. Very family ever after really, but that was my experience with fantasy novels up to this point.

And it will still happen! You will see, you all WILL SEE! Everything after Robb talking about his will is just a dream, a nightmare of Catylin's! lol

imo, that wouldve been awesome to see. the Lord of Winterfell and the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch

Yeah it's not likely, but not impossible. I believe they could have held The North at the least though. Robb was brilliant strategically, militarily. He fell a little flat in his politics. Had he been able to change this. Things might have went better for him.

Yeah it's not likely, but not impossible. I believe they could have held The North at the least though. Robb was brilliant strategically, militarily. He fell a little flat in his politics. Had he been able to change this. Things might have went better for him.

Had it been midway through the summer I would agree with you, he'd have a chance of holding the North. But Winter is here and a combination of Robb using some supplies to use for war, the Ironborn taking and destroying other supplies and the shortage of men in some area's to bring in the last harvest would leave the North in a poor position for the Winter.

They would have been dependent on the South's help this winter like they were after the long summer of Maekers reign and the harsh winter at the beginning of Aegon's reign.

The North was unprepared for a war of independence at that juncture.

Archived